Movies You Have Seen Lately

Darque

I saw Spiderman 1 for the fourth time.

It's still an ace movie, especially the parts before the first Goblin fight.

Edited by Musopticon?
kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

V for Vendetta

I need to process some of it, but I have, upon initial impression, really enjoyed the pacing and the space to digest a lot of the 'sub-text' that is presented in a manner that remains accessible I find.

The universe is change;
your life is what our thoughts make it
- Marcus Aurelius (161)

:dragon:

V for Vendetta

I need to process some of it, but I have, upon initial impression, really enjoyed the pacing and the space to digest a lot of the 'sub-text' that is presented in a manner that remains accessible I find.

It was a good movie which I have seen twice since buying the DVD.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Watched every episode of Firefly, then Serenity. :huh:

I love them. Please, somebody take this show on! Sci-fi, stop making ****ty movies and grab Firefly! Make a decently intelligent decision with your cash for once!

I had thought that some of nature's journeymen had made men and not made them well, for they imitated humanity so abominably. - Book of Counted Sorrows

'Cause I won't know the man that kills me

and I don't know these men I kill

but we all wind up on the same side

'cause ain't none of us doin' god's will.

- Everlast

Probably? :huh:

Elisha = Volo the Sl0bberer!!! :)  :wub:  :">  :wub:  :wub:

Do the bears know about this?

BTW, I freakin love that movie

Elisha Cuthbert is the only reason to see any movie starring Elisha Cuthbert.

Just watched the first 4 episodes of 24. And who is Jacks daughter? Elisha Cuthbert. Good stuff and I hope that Elisha was over 18 when she made it or I am going to hell. Good TV show so far.

Strangers with Candy.

Comedy by Stephen Colbert and some other people too. It was funny. :(

Brason: Monica's having a party do you want to be my date?

Jerri Blank: I want your spermies!

Brason: I'll take that as a yes.

This post is not to be enjoyed, discussed, or referenced on company time.

Poseidon

Eh, not bad with decent action. Made me wish I could remember how Poseidon Adventure ended. Anyone remember how they escaped the hull in the original?

They banged on the hull a bit and a rescue boat cut through it with an oxyacetyline torch.

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Watched every episode of Firefly, then Serenity. :nuke:

I love them. Please, somebody take this show on! Sci-fi, stop making ****ty movies and grab Firefly! Make a decently intelligent decision with your cash for once!

Welcome

It is your duty to now Necropost the Firefly thread so we may offically enshrine you

Watched The Call of Cthulhu a independent adaption of the H.P. Lovecraft story; one of its main conceits is to try and present it as a movie of the time (so its a silent film made in a "German Expressionist" mode).

It looks good and has a couple of effective bits, but there are some things that happen in it - possibly due to budget - that hamper its ability to build the kind of malicious dread that exists in most Lovecraft stories. Still its an interesting attempt to do a different kind of Lovecraft adaption and I admire the creative forces behind the film for that.

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

I also found it to be very 1984-like. 

That's because it wants to be 1984 -- only with ninjas, Portman and a tidy, comic book ending. Plus it's got Winston Smith starring as Big Brother. Gotta admire that clever bit of casting.

I enjoyed "V." It ain't Orwell (or Radford or even Gilliam) but it's passably fun.

and a tidy, comic book ending. 

An amusing assertation since they changed the ending of the movie version of V for Vendetta rather drastically from the ending of the comic book... :("

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

Princess Mononoke

Ooh, this is the quintessential Ghibli experience. Just spellbinding! Faerytale-like and yet mature.

I'm in the rpocess of watching Akira and while I don't think the changes made to the manga plot are exactly for the better(like the lack of Akira himself nevermind), it's highly entertaining. Watching Tetsuo tear up Tokio and then see the government blast the battlefiled with Sol is just grand.

Edited by Musopticon?
kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

and a tidy, comic book ending. 

An amusing assertation since they changed the ending of the movie version of V for Vendetta rather drastically from the ending of the comic book... :blink:"

Granted, revolutions are rarely tidy. Still, from what I can tell, the differences between film and book are ultimately inconsequential details that don't change the fundamental outcome. In the original comic book, things work out well for Evey, no? And all the tidy comic book formulae play out: old wrongs are righted, good triumphs over injustice, the symbols and leaders of the corrupt regime are destroyed, and our hero (Evey) prevails? Am I entirely off here? (I haven't read the book--just plot summaries.)

Compared to, say, "1984" or "Brazil," the end of "V" struck me as faithful to the comic book formula (if there is such a thing). That's appropriate and maybe inevitable. After all, superheros only exist in fantasy. :)

Edited by metadigital

Watched every episode of Firefly, then Serenity. :blink:

Welcome

It is your duty to now Necropost the Firefly thread so we may offically enshrine you

Do I- Do I have to? :)

And I saw Dane Cook's Vicious Circle too. Laughed my ass off. Good stuff, and yeah, I got that same vibe, Kirottu.

I had thought that some of nature's journeymen had made men and not made them well, for they imitated humanity so abominably. - Book of Counted Sorrows

'Cause I won't know the man that kills me

and I don't know these men I kill

but we all wind up on the same side

'cause ain't none of us doin' god's will.

- Everlast

flawed, perhaps, but these are good films:

"Why We Fight" (2006 ed)

"The Three Burials of Melquiades Estrada"

"Little Miss Sunshine"

brilliant:

"Fight Club"

well, the dog was good:

"Lassie"

First time I've seen "Fight Club." How the hell did I miss it?

Edited by blue