Oblivion is the best CRPG ever made

poolofpoo

nothing Black Isle, Troika, Obsidian or Bioware made comes even close

there you have it folks

Lois: Honey, what do you say we uh...christen these new sheets, huh?

Peter: Why Lois Griffin, you naughty girl.

Lois: Hehehe...that's me.

Peter: You dirty hustler.

Lois: Hehehehe...

Peter: You filthy, stinky prostitute.

Lois: Aha, ok I get it...

Peter: You foul, venereal disease carrying, street walking whore.

Lois: Alright, that's enough!

If by CRPG you mean Crappy Rendered and Programmed Game, then yeah.

yeah...yeah! that's exactly what i mean

but of course, to enjoy the game you must be able to afford the hadware necessary to play it.

For some reason, this topic reminds me of this.

I had thought that some of nature's journeymen had made men and not made them well, for they imitated humanity so abominably. - Book of Counted Sorrows

'Cause I won't know the man that kills me

and I don't know these men I kill

but we all wind up on the same side

'cause ain't none of us doin' god's will.

- Everlast

Our resident idiot is back! :D

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

there you have it folks

Sure, and Ford is the best car ever made. Nothing from Lamborghini, Ferrari or Rolls Royce comes even close.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Doesn't Ford own Rolls Royce? :("

Tom-ato, Tom-aeto.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Exploration B - Lots to explore but it's mostly just the same old stuff.

Character Creation B - Lots of options to play around with. Too easy to make a non viable character (not enough warning of this).

Combat B - It's fun but it's about as deep as a puddle.

NPCs D - They range from bad to awful .

Story F - Not only is it totally not compelling. It's also completely opposite to the wander around you have all the time in the world design of the game.

Overall C.

Methinks mr P is taking the P anyway :D

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

am not sure we needed 'nother oblivion thread... not for this.

in any event, we is not a huge fan of oblivion, and we see some major flaws in it, but it were not a badly made game... not for what it were 'posed to be. it were kinda a diablo 2 + sidequests... and given the popularity of diablo 2 we not see that as a bad thing.

also, right now there is 0 single player crpgs available other than oblivion, so bethesda gots that going for 'em too.

is not a terrible game for what it trys to be... but even so, it has 'nuff Big flaws that we has a hard time understanding the typical reviews we seen from most notable sites. is too many reviews that is claiming that oblivion is perfect or near perfect.

worst game evar? not even close... though reading codex might make you think so.

best game in 10 years? again, not even close... though reading the reviews might give you that impression.

is an okie dokie action-rpg at a time when nothing else is on the menu, and for those famished fans who is seemingly hungry 'nuff to thinks that those cheeseburgers with the grey meat and stale bun served in your average public school cafeteria is gourmet fare, oblivion is a satisfying morsel. it is what it is.

HA! Good Fun!

Edited by Gromnir

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

best game in 10 years?  again, not even close... though reading the reviews might give you that impression.

i'm not saying it's the best game evva, i'm saying it's the best cprg

it doesn't have the best story or writing it doesn't have the best action or level up mechanism, it doesnt have the best engine or graphics.. but there's no other cprg where all the pieces come together like they do in oblivion.

I dare you to name one

there you have it folks

Sure, and Ford is the best car ever made. Nothing from Lamborghini, Ferrari or Rolls Royce comes even close.

yeah i agree, model T is probably the best car ever made

it doesn't have the best story or writing it doesn't have the best action or level up mechanism, it doesnt have the best engine or graphics.. but there's no other cprg where all the pieces come together like they do in oblivion.

I fail to see how that is a good thing...

Dont you people recognise bait when you see it? :rolleyes:

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

No, all the elements are the best features ever on their own, and they combine their awesomeness to produce the most awesomenessest ultimator game. It's not even a game, it's a life-changing experience. Or so they say.

Hadescopy.jpg

(Approved by Fio, so feel free to use it)