Star Forge vs. Death Star

Dyan

Star Forge vs. Death Star  

83 members have voted

1. 1. Star Forge vs. Death Star

• Star Forge
    • Death Star

Soooo which one will win?

The planet killer or the factory able to produce all those ships and droids?

HK47: Commentary: It is not possible to destroy the master. It is suggested that you run while my blasters warm, meatbags.

Bastila to Revan: You are easily the vainest, most arrogant man I have ever met!

Canderous to Bastila: Insults? Maybe if your master had trained your lightsaber to be as quick as your tongue you could have escaped those Vulkars, you spoiled little Jedi princess!

The death star would destory the star forge...

Think 'realistic', the Star Forge 'had' enough power, and a connection to the Force to create lot of things..I think if Revan would had the blueprints of the Death Star, also an armada of them :(

Be that as it may, a fleet of republic ships more than thousand years older than the Death Star was still able to destroy the Star Forge.

So that's where my vote goes - the Death Star would just blow the Star Forge away, while Vader smugly comments to Malak that he shouldn't be "too proud of this technological terror..." :ermm:

It took a few well placed Republic ships to take down the Star Forge. The Death Star took one well placed proton torpedo from the son of Darth Vader, who single handedly rebuilt the Jedi Order.

Star Forge = lots of fighters - it's a factory.

Death Star = planetary destruction. It's a superweapon.

So a lot of Star Forge ships would fly around the Death Star like flies on a Bantha, and one shot of the superlaser would destroy the Star Forge. Death Star ftw.

Well... the Death Star can move around the Galaxy and still function... The Star Forge requires a strong will and a healthy sun to function correctly...

I think we can see who will hunt down the most Rebel Infidels first... :shifty:

Although, with the fleet produced by the Forge, you could fill all the empty space in the Galaxy with ships, so that the infidels couldn't move without bumping into some uber-ship or another...

Hmmm... I'm stumped...

Geekified Star Wars Geek

Heart of the Force, Arm of the Force

"Only a Sith deals in absolutes!"

-Obi-wan to Anakin (NOT advocating Grey-Jedidom)

"The Force doesn't control people, Kreia controls people."

Tough choice because in their own way, both are great weapons to command but in the end, for me, the deciding factor is this.

The Star Forge bends you to it's will because it is a massive incarnation of the Dark Side.

The Death Star doesn't do this. Okay, it's masterminded by guys on the Dark Side but I haven't seen a single shred of evidence that it's bends people on it into freaky deaky men and women.

So my vote goes to the Death Star for that factor.

Other than that they are pretty evenly matched IMO.

The Death Star can easily destory the Star Forge with a single blast from it's superlaser, but the Death Star needs to get in range first. If the Star Forge can create enough fighters, (with droids/pilots to control them), then those fights can do the famous Trench Run/Go inside and blow up core of the Death Star.

Basically it's a race against time.

My vote was Deathstar, at least the second one, as the Emperor was on that one, and since he was *THE* Sith Lord of his time, His connection with the Dark Side of the Force would help the Deathstar win and Kill approaching enemy ships. So unless the Starforge can make Lukes in Red 5's or Landos in Milenium Falcons, that thing is Toast!

If the Star Forge is allowed to have ships than the Death Star should it's ships as well - and btw I say Death Star. One shot and boom.

Which is better for a "rule the galaxy" DS - Star Forge.

sigpic0yb.jpg

Pure Pazaak - The Stand-alone Multiplayer Pazaak Game (link to Obsidian board thread)

Pure Pazaak website (big thank you to fingolfin)

Personally, I'm inclined to vote for the Star Forge. Aside from the fact it created HK47 and Revan's robes... I'm pretty sure that it could produce a planet killer gun if the right Darth Lord programmed it in and started producing it en masse.

Granted, the death star was incredibly power and could destroy entire planets, but...

The number of capital ships that the Star Forge churned out for a certain DS ending and the fact it fuelled an entire war is incredible too. I wonder if the Star Forge could even produce it's *own* Death Star if programmed...

HK47: Commentary: It is not possible to destroy the master. It is suggested that you run while my blasters warm, meatbags.

Bastila to Revan: You are easily the vainest, most arrogant man I have ever met!

Canderous to Bastila: Insults? Maybe if your master had trained your lightsaber to be as quick as your tongue you could have escaped those Vulkars, you spoiled little Jedi princess!

But there is a question of how long it takes the Star Forge to create Death Star. Position a Death Star and the Star Forge right next to each other and BAM! Death Star just needs to get into range and then fire. In this case, the Death Star is already in range and then they just need to fire when ready.

It could create driods as crew.

If they are anything like the droids you meet I dont think the death star has a lot to worry about. :lol:

Revan is a Sith Lord, remember? According to forum polls, the most powerful Sith Lord of all time no less.

Perhaps the Star Forge could be manipulated into a weapon through the DS somehow. Possible idea for K3, maybe?

Edited by julianw

Revan is a Sith Lord, remember? According to forum polls, the most powerful Sith Lord of all time no less.

But the starforge can only create things it has a template for. Dont think you are going to design a droid that could do what Luke did before the deathstar is ready to fire.

And if we are not going into what if land, the star forge couldnt create pilots so it's a bit of a sitting duck.

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

And if we are not going into what if land, the star forge couldnt create pilots so it's a bit of a sitting duck.

Well, I would still take the Star Forge since I like the power to create better than the power to destroy. With some modifications, the Star Forge could easily be made to produce commercial spacecrafts and service droids. Peace! :lol:

Well, I would still take the Star Forge since I like the power to create better than the power to destroy. With some modifications, the Star Forge could easily be made to produce commercial spacecrafts and service droids. Peace!  :p

I'm sure the pieces left after the deathstar fires will take great comfort in that :lol:"

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]