KotoR 3: Ideas and Suggestions

Guest MacLeodCorp
You should be able to put your hood up and be able to pic a new species. For each species the stroy is changed slightly.

I agree with the hood idea... As a matter of fact, I agree with the entire statement...

Do you have any links to whereabouts this quote was mentioned?

Unless it has been mentioned officially on one of the LucasArts or Game Developer websites, then it is highly unlikely it is true, although I'm still open for a change of mind...

He mentioned it here.

How reliable he is you can see for example on this thread. He said the the right release date of the OT DVD severel months before the official anouncement.

EDIT: Oh and just for clarification. He is not a LucasFilm employee. But he has connections to LucasFilm,

Edited by Bendu

has been long time since Gromnir played Kotor 2, but the more time passes, the more we recognize how close it was to being a very good game. a few less broken quests that started and then trailed off into the abyss. a few improvements to some of the joinable npc dialogues, with special consideration to fixing the "bad anime" responses and adding enough content so that joinable npcs were engaging all points in the game. and, of course, the finale... which were handled 'bout as well as lucas handled vader's "NNNNOOOOOO!" scene.

am doubtful that obsidian gets a second shot at the kotor license, but we wish they would... if only to prove that they can finish a game.

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

Do you think they are having difficulty finding a developer for this project? I'm still confused on why bioware did not do the sequel :blink: .

I honest think the sequel was better then the original story and the characters were better too. I mean kreia was one of the best constructed characters i have ever seen in a game, she was so complex and compelling. I also was not interesting in HK and T3 as much as i was in the sequel. Plus atton was so much better than carth good lord i hated carth

I think one of the "problems" with KOTOR is the fact that it is extremely

story-focused. Unlike games like Battlefront, KOTOR games actual modify

Star Wars continuity.

I think LA (and, more importantly, LFL) now realize that they have to take more

proactive ownership of the storyline...there is simply too much at stake not to.

And they have done so. They have hired a veteran writter to write a new monthly

Dark Horse (this is not Infinities stuff, either) KOTOR comic and the writter has

stated that he is getting cooperation from LFL and video game developers.

Basically, they are finding their sea legs and mapping this thing out for some truely

immersive, story-focused games that fit perfectly with the comic continuity. They

are not really dragging their feet...they are taking ownership, which is ultimately

a good thing.

recent interview with John Jackson Miller: http://www.newsarama.com/DarkHorsenew/Star...MillerKotOR.htm

Guest MacLeodCorp
thanks for the link that sounds interesting, maybe thats were the series should go in the past. Commanding in the mando wars would be sweet if the series lead to that point

What would be neat is if it went:

1. Game

2. Comic

3. Novel

4. Movie

Edited by MacLeodCorp

Request: The love interest in KotOR III should be a Mandalorian female, the series need an Iron Maiden for once.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Request: The love interest in KotOR III should be a Mandalorian female, the series need an Iron Maiden for once.

Mira was pretty Iron Maiden-ish. Unfortunately she failed to deliver. :blink:

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

Mira was pretty Iron Maiden-ish. Unfortunately she failed to deliver. ;)

Yup, she could've been John Rambo with a set of t1ts. Thus, the reason on how they can set things straight with KotOR III.

Edited by Meshugger

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

well how would they atone for KOTOR 2 if they don't make KOTOR 3

I think this was the idea he was getting at: doing anything in attempt to atone for the atrocity that is K2 would only make it worse. i personally don't hold that opinion, but i simply felt like answering the question.

I think Mira deserves her own spinoff... Maybe she and Hanharr can chase each other some more, especially now that Hanharr knows she's a Jedi (based on the assumption that Mira spared Hanharr)

DAWUSS

Dawes ain't too bright. Hitting rock bottom is when you leave 2 tickets on the dash of your car, leave it unlocked hoping someone will steal them & when you come back, there are 4 tickets on your dashboard.