KotoR 3: Ideas and Suggestions

That sounds like an alright idea, although it has been mentioned before i think, maybe a FPS with the two in it? :(

I really don't think the relationship between the two would cut it for an RPG anyway...

Hi! :ermm:

Well, I am new here. But don't be afraid... I don't post a lot. :o I have just finished KotoR 1 & 2 in a row and thought it would be a nice thing to know if there is some Add-On or KotoR3 in the works.

... and I am not sure about the end either. I didn't like it. It was to short. It was lacking the more personal part of K1. But that's common talk.

Which leads me to the question if K3 should be a direct sequel to K2 or not. I Have read in this thread that there are quite different opinions. While I would favour such a sequel and seeing Revan & Bastila married with children commanding the LS forces (yeah, I like it cheesy :) ) I am not sure if the ending intends something that way.

Kreia said something like "to fight in the war at the end of all things.". That sounded somehow meta-physical to me. Like she was refering to some kind of judegment day and not a real physical war? I know that the Exile left in the Ebon Hawk and not mystically trancends to some higher entity but perhaps that was just a matter of storytelling using pictures?

I don't play games for the action. I like the stories... epic stories that sometimes can compete with some of the great books out there. But I would like to see some gameplay things in KotoR3, too. :)

- more NPC interaction ... I like how it was done in K1 or Baldurs Gate. The NPCs actually start to talk with you about their problems and feelings and don't wait until you do some oh so good/bad stuff and it wasn't necessary to have them around at the right time in the right place...

- a real romance again...

- I don't want to be continously forced to team up with pre definced NPC choices... of course it is necessary to some extend but the visions of Kreia were a great way to keep her around without actually having her in the team... Atton gave a ComLink to the PC in the beginning of the game. Basically a good idea.

- more Jedi items or characters that can't become Jedi to acutally take use of all that armor and blasters

- more non-combat force powers

- I understand that a lot of people want to be free as possible in their character creation but perhaps a predefinded PC with an own voice would support the story better. RPgaming is something that I do with other people. I don't get myself to imagine an in-depth character in front of a monitor... at least not well enough. Revan was quite an interesting idea to combine a free character with some background. A fair trade.

Well, I guess that's all for the time beeing. Thanks for reading.

keats

PS: Don't hit me for any mistakes. English ist not my first language. Thanks :)

Edited by keats

That sounds like an alright idea, although it has been mentioned before i think, maybe a FPS with the two in it? :blink:

I really don't think the relationship between the two would cut it for an RPG anyway...

An FPS could work, and the whole game would set up the big confrontation once again. (And with Mira being a Jedi, there'd be a bounty on her head too :mellow: )

DAWUSS

Dawes ain't too bright. Hitting rock bottom is when you leave 2 tickets on the dash of your car, leave it unlocked hoping someone will steal them & when you come back, there are 4 tickets on your dashboard.

Hi! :)

Well, I am new here. But don't be afraid... I don't post a lot. :) I have just finished KotoR 1 & 2 in a row and thought it would be a nice thing to know if there is some Add-On or KotoR3 in the works.

... and I am not sure about the end either. I didn't like it. It was to short. It was lacking the more personal part of K1. But that's common talk.

Which leads me to the question if K3 should be a direct sequel to K2 or not. I Have read in this thread that there are quite different opinions. While I would favour such a sequel and seeing Revan & Bastila married with children commanding the LS forces (yeah, I like it cheesy :) ) I am not sure if the ending intends something that way.

Kreia said something like "to fight in the war at the end of all things.". That sounded somehow meta-physical to me. Like she was refering to some kind of judegment day and not a real physical war? I know that the Exile left in the Ebon Hawk and not mystically trancends to some higher entity but perhaps that was just a matter of storytelling using pictures?

I don't play games for the action. I like the stories... epic stories that sometimes can compete with some of the great books out there. But I would like to see some gameplay things in KotoR3, too. :)

- more NPC interaction ... I like how it was done in K1 or Baldurs Gate. The NPCs actually start to talk with you about their problems and feelings and don't wait until you do some oh so good/bad stuff and it wasn't necessary to have them around at the right time in the right place...

- a real romance again...

- I don't want to be continously forced to team up with pre definced NPC choices... of course it is necessary to some extend but the visions of Kreia were a great way to keep her around without actually having her in the team... Atton gave a ComLink to the PC in the beginning of the game. Basically a good idea. 

- more Jedi items or characters that can't become Jedi to acutally take use of all that armor and blasters

- more non-combat force powers

- I understand that a lot of people want to be free as possible in their character creation but perhaps a predefinded PC with an own voice would support the story better. RPgaming is something that I do with other people. I don't get myself to imagine an in-depth character in front of a monitor... at least not well enough. Revan was quite an interesting idea to combine a free character with some background. A fair trade.

Well, I guess that's all for the time beeing. Thanks for reading.

keats

PS: Don't hit me for any mistakes. English ist not my first language. Thanks :)

Hi. :p

K3 was in the works, but LA decided to scrap it and start over. They have yet to announce K3 as of now. Most likely it'll be announced sometime next year and come out for X-Box 360.

As for what Kreia said, most people think it's hinting at a huge war between the Republic and the True Sith Empire. As for whether or not it's physical, that's up in the air. Kreia said that the next war wouldn't be fought with ships, but then goes on to say Revan will need soldiers (like the Mandalorians) in the war that comes. Yeah, make what you want out of that. Methinks it's going to be physical.

And don't worry about your spelling. There are some English-speakers here who don't spell that well. ^_^

It's kinda interesting if you could pick a Twilek or Rodian or other such creature as the race for your Jedi then the Developers could simply recycle that racial gibberish each time you had something to say... I think my head would start to hurt tho. :D

(Signatures: disabled) 

Hi.  :ermm:

K3 was in the works, but LA decided to scrap it and start over.  They have yet to announce K3 as of now.  Most likely it'll be announced sometime next year and come out for X-Box 360. 

As for what Kreia said, most people think it's hinting at a huge war between the Republic and the True Sith Empire.  As for whether or not it's physical, that's up in the air.  Kreia said that the next war wouldn't be fought with ships, but then goes on to say Revan will need soldiers (like the Mandalorians) in the war that comes.  Yeah, make what you want out of that.  Methinks it's going to be physical. 

And don't worry about your spelling.  There are some English-speakers here who don't spell that well.  ^_^

Thanks for your answer and your kind words concerning my spelling. :devil:

...that makes sense. I was quite sure that I have heard something about a KotoR3 way back before I played 1&2. I seem to be waiting for a lot of sequels recently but as long as they haven't denied the release of a 3rd installment there is still hope I guess.

Your are right about the soldiers and I guess it's a question of personal taste until LA decides or announces what's going on in K3. Actually there is no direct hint about some kind of "Ragnarok" (would be a better desciption than judgement day) but no spaceships / no machines on the other hand seem strange in the SW universe. If they don't continue the story it would be an acceptable explanation, though. A little bit like The Lord of the Rings. Sailing to the west...

I guess I check out the forums. Perhaps I find some inspiration on that. :)

If they continue the tale of Revan and the Exile then there is no need to make them PCs. Spiritual or military leaders would be just fine. I don't think they would limit the game to people who played 1&2 that way. Actually some kind of in-game library would be suitable to give interested people the opportunity to get up to date on them. Or a DVD of the past like bundled with Xenosaga 2.

keats

Actually some kind of in-game library would be suitable to give interested people the opportunity to get up to date on them. Or a DVD of the past like bundled with Xenosaga 2.

keats

Got to love those movies. KOTOR isnt really structured in a way that you could copy what Xenosaga did though.

As for exclusivity, well MS would obviously want it on the 360. I dont think Sony care too much since they have much more attractive prospects. But common sense would dictate if your not playing for a particular team then you maximize your earning potential.

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

Got to love those movies. KOTOR isnt really structured in a way that you could copy what Xenosaga did though.

I guess you are right. While you can find movie cuts of the FF Series and XG on eBay that have all important in-game scenes to create a complete game movie it's most likley nothing for the average customer.

But a summary of KotoR 1&2 on an in-game computer won't be that different (only less stylish :) ). XG2 did that as well and Fallout gave you most of its history that way.

If people care then they can read it and if they don't then I guess they probably won't ask themselves who these Revan and Exile guys/gals are at all.

Well, back in the old days there were nice printed background stories that came with a game...

keats

But a summary of KotoR 1&2 on an in-game computer won't be that different (only less stylish :) ). XG2 did that as well and Fallout gave you most of its history that way.

If people care then they can read it and if they don't then I guess they probably won't ask themselves who these Revan and Exile guys/gals are at all. 

Well, back in the old days there were nice printed background stories that came with a game...

keats

Before you can do that you need to have a fixed history. KOTOR dosnt have a fixed history , or a cohesive way of arriving at the conclusion like Xenosaga does. People are still arguing over what gender the central character is and thats kind of important in a movie.

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

Before you can do that you need to have a fixed history. KOTOR dosnt have a fixed history , or a cohesive way of arriving at the conclusion like Xenosaga does. People are still arguing over what gender the central character is and thats kind of important in a movie.

True. I wouldn't care that much at all but Revan seems to be constructed as a male character (just an impression - the whole Bastila/Revan romance seems to be much more detailed) and the Exile would be a good female character.

But that's something they have to solve anyways if they continue a story where these characters are more than a sidenote.

In a written history it won't be a problem and if they stick to their in-game movies then it won't be that difficult to integrate them in future cutscenes as well.

But I have to agree that a movie DVD won't be such a good idea. I haven't thought about that.

keats

did LA give an official character role for Revan like they did with carth and bastilla in EU?

I have tried to find something on this... LA is a very strong label here as well but we don't get a lot of own attention. Most information, game versions and advertisments are the same as in the US just localized to another language.

That could be the problem, though. The impression that the Bastila/Revan romance was far more detailed is a personal one. But if you translate "the Dark Lord" to german, french or dutch (or spanish but I am not sure) you end up with "male" because there is no neutral "the" here. "Dark Lord" is male and so the male article is translated as well.

Furthermore most reviews that take a look at the story call Revan "him" here. Even a Wikipedia article does. I am not sure if that is an official point of view or just a continous mistake that got its own legs.

"The Exile" on the other hand is gender neutral here so it is much easier to translate to whatever you want.

It is very interesting, though. I have never questioned the "fact" that Revan is constructed to be male and that the Exile is quite neutral. But maybe its only because of the translation.

keats

Edited by keats

Aalya was put down without a struggle in Ep3 while the male Jedis put up a fight.

Cant agree with you there.

Ki-Adi-Mundi..(or whatever his name is..Binary Brain guy)...Gunned own by his troops..no fighting back.

Plo-Koon: Shot down by Clone Pilots...no fight there either.

The 3 jedi with Mace Windu when they confronted Palpatine,(Kit Fisto, Agen Kolar, Saesee Tiin),Well they drew their Sabres at least..... but no real fight there either. Cannon fodder for Palpatine.

Im sure there likely more, but those were off the top of the head.The Males did no better than Aalya in EP3. :)

Personally for a Kotor3, I would like to see the loose ends tied up a bit.

Whats up with Revan? where is he? Is he live or dead?

What will/has become of the exile? Whats the deal with this "true" sith menace?

What has become of the rest of the characters in your party's that you spent considerable time "getting to know" and helping? Im sorry but the Kreia predictions didnt do it for me as to my "friends" outcomes.

Any good story has closure.

George Lucas himself is stuck on trilogies to tell his on screen tales. 2 sets for Star Wars as a franchise, and one for Indiana Jones. It only makes sense to continue with Kotor3, and tie up any loose ends and finish this story "arc".

Then the series could venture to a new direction, not involving or needing the Exile and or Revan.

Again, just my opinion..but weve spent alot of time over 2 games to not see this arc wrapped up neat and tidy.

Edited by Plageuis

Personally for a Kotor3, I would like to see the loose ends tied up a bit.

Whats up with Revan? where is he? Is he live or dead?

What will/has become of the exile? Whats the deal with this "true" sith menace?

What has become of the rest of the characters in your party's that you spent considerable time "getting to know" and helping? Im sorry but the Kreia predictions didnt do it for me as to my "friends" outcomes.

Any good story has closure.

George Lucas himself is stuck on trilogies to tell his on screen tales. 2 sets for Star Wars as a franchise, and one for Indiana Jones. It only makes sense to continue with Kotor3, and tie up any loose ends and finish this story "arc".

Then the series could venture to a new direction, not involving or needing the Exile and or Revan.

Again, just my opinion..but weve spent alot of time over 2 games to not see this arc wrapped up neat and tidy.

You just about said it. I hate loose ends which is why K3 needs to be made.

as i have said earlier this franchise is a gold mine that could rival final fanatasy if done right (something LA games struggle with *cough* revenge of the sith*cough*). without bashing what has already been bashed WHATS THE DEAL!?

i wouldn't be as upset if i didn't see the article with the head of LA in GI saying they wanted to refresh the franchise with top notch games and while they have improved with KOTOR and battlefront...WHAT IS THE DEAL when you have a flag ship title and you let it go from game of the year to forgotten?? :thumbsup:

as i have said earlier this franchise is a gold mine that  could rival final fanatasy if done right (something LA games struggle with *cough* revenge of the sith*cough*). without bashing what has already been bashed WHATS THE DEAL!?

Not going to happen KOTOR is too self limiting. Final Fantasy while a franchise only has one game that directly related to another in the series (FFX to FFX-2) and if you notice thats an addon , not a sequel. I dont think anyone likely to make KOTORIII has the guts to ignore the fans the way Square did (or we would all be playing Sephiroth MK V not FF XII).

It's not just the characters and the story that changes either. But the core game system as well.

With SWRPG being "retired" KOTOR may as least be able to get away from the PnP ruleset.

478327[/snapback]