KotoR 3: Ideas and Suggestions

For a variety of reasons.

Which are ?

Priness Leia outranked both Han and Luke and they were generals.

I think General is a rank they just give to Jedi on the battlefield I've never heard of a Jedi refered to as any other millitary rank.

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

Which are ?

I think General is a rank they just give to Jedi on the battlefield I've never heard of a Jedi refered to as any other millitary rank.

Sure. Princess Leia also got captured...what, twice? Had to be rescued.

That blue Twi'lek Jedi in Episode III? Dead. Not even a fight, just dead.

Bastila? Didn't she get captured and whatnot?

I recognize that Jedi come in as generals on the battlefield, and I'm simply arguing that war is the male province.

Sure.  Princess Leia also got captured...what, twice?  Had to be rescued.

That blue Twi'lek Jedi in Episode III?  Dead.  Not even a fight, just dead.

Bastila?  Didn't she get captured and whatnot? 

I recognize that Jedi come in as generals on the battlefield, and I'm simply arguing that war is the male province.

As far as getting captured goes I think it's pretty even.

Er not touching that one.

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

Which are ?

Sure. Princess Leia also got captured...what, twice? Had to be rescued.

That blue Twi'lek Jedi in Episode III? Dead. Not even a fight, just dead.

Bastila? Didn't she get captured and whatnot?

The celts had ferocious female warriors and chieftains, but that belongs in another thread.

Back to KotOR III, it should have the same amount of character customization as Soul Calibur III (2^60 different combinations IIRC). I've seen people create everything from a fat arabic assassin to Bill Gates with a dagger.

Edited by Meshugger

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

... at the rate we're going we'll get to part 16 by page 10

DAWUSS

Dawes ain't too bright. Hitting rock bottom is when you leave 2 tickets on the dash of your car, leave it unlocked hoping someone will steal them & when you come back, there are 4 tickets on your dashboard.

It's not like it hasnt all been said before many times over. At the end of the day there is no way they are going to make everyone happy anyway. So it's best to just make a good game that will attract people because it's a good game, rather than make one that tries to sell on the names of the previous two.

Edited by ShadowPaladin V1.0

478327[/snapback]

Still repeating and iterating every idea that has been mentioned over and over again and each time as it was a new idea of your own? :blink:

Thanks a lot, my favorite quote is also "I have repeated the same nonsense so many times and I am ready to do again". :wub:

And: Yeah, I had a feeling you like that too and it's all good because (being done reading the first 11 parts I can guarantee you 100% that) there is no way in Hell, Heaven, Earth or on OE that anyone else are gonna give a damn what's in that 4.657 posts long backcatalogue (unless nitpicking this argument)...not intertwined with all the pointless spam, off-topics and proof reading of some shady mentally philian people. ;)

Please bear in mind, that this thread(s) is NOT about:

S(im)W(ears): Knights of the Old Republic III: Lords of Style

(neither fluffy cuteness nor anime crap)

In part 4 Echo_Drive mentioned use of Holocrons that (of course), since has been repeated by other people as well with less and less grace and style for each iteration...until now that is. And since this also will be lost as soon as *that* page flips onto a new page (forever gone) I'm gonna do it short too...so I can repeat it later again.

HORRORCRONS!!

Could be either or more than...

1. Each holocron can only be used once and you have to decide which ONE among several powers that it offers (stun droid, lightning, scream) or (Heal, Drain) (Resistance, Energy shield) that you wanna learn.
  2. Each holocron (like in PS:T Dakkon's Circle of Zerthimon) is opening up to a new layer of knowledge for each level of understanding.
  3. Each holocron requires a sacrifice or action to part with its knowledge.
  4. Each holocron is tainted and you will be tainted too.
  5. Each holocron can be like a sensory stone (PS:T/K1 Rakata Box) with a quest or assignment and it can be trapped too.

With this is mind...I've been thinking a bit about a beginning.

Pick-up line (Prologue)

A lot of whining about starting from scratch. Personally I find all the low-lvl combat and surviving to be the most challenging part of the game and I also like the 'Jedi-school' kind of approach to separate the game from just being an Adventure game by adding an element of roleplay-defining training. I really miss the non-jedi classes too. Anyway...I prefer to leave the content creation to those that master it, but I just think I'll mention this:

" 1 - 2000 years has passed. The Jedi/Sith is a myth, reduced to a story about a bogeyman that lives under the beds of naughty children. People even question if they ever existed. Just superstitution.

You are some sort of a wannabe "Indiana Jones" kind of being (scavenger/ historian/ archaeologist/ adventurer/ peasant). As the floating SW story goes (or would go), everything sucks and you do too partially. But you, you try to make a difference in some ways in that village or fortress where you live. Doing some odd jobs and 'stuff'.

Maybe you got a sister named Imoen and a foster father named Gorion and an evil unknown twin brother somewhere named Sarevok, but who knows...

One day while exploring the outskirts of the 'unholy' lands, you are suddenly caught by surprise by a snow storm, in the ice hell of Taris. While searching for a shelter from the storm, you coincidentally stumble into a half buried entrance to a dark and strange underground structure, on top of a snowy peak. (Former home of Atris, but noone knows that)

The 'tomb' is inhabited by some ugly and hideous beasts and infected with all kinds of bugs and traps. After making some room and getting warm again you find some old relics, odd gadgets and some ancient holocrons that speaks to you. Some of them makes sense as they can sense the power within you and they teach you things. Things of the Force... ".

Whether you actually transform into a jedi or stay with whatever profession you currently have I haven't really considered. The lack of any kind of master or tutor, except the holocrons, initiates a strange and unfocused beginning. You learn as you go. Could be that you start evolving as a force sensitive Scoundrel/Soldier/Scout, with a connection to the force. Which of course is noted by some peoples, that desire or shun the same kind of power for different ends. Other scavengers or people that can sense power comes to mind.

(Ok, I lied about short, but I was very bored reading 11 parts.)

Comments?

(Signatures: disabled) 

hey i don't know if it is already being talked about. but what i would like in kotorIII is that there would be some traingrounds where you can just fight as many creatures as possible so you can grow quickly. the second thing i would like is that there would be a lot force powers and i mean a lot. also that you must find some force powers, like finding a very strong dark side power in a cave and it's hidden. it gives you as a player a great feeling when you find it. someone allready mentioned the idea of starting the jedi of sith all over. like finding a place where they would gather and some trainings. the third thing i would like to see in kotorIII is the fighting moves with melee weapons or lightsabers, they have to be cooler. also some faster moves. the fourth thing i want is that you can move on planets by speedbike or something else. and last the jedi/sith robes there must be a place where you can customize them you're own color or picture some special powers.

GTA:Corellia, you mean?

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Welcome to the boards. :wub:

It's a really long thread spanning more than 4657 posts now. Lots of ideas and improvement has been suggested and a lot of those has been reintroduced countless times over. But since it's hell reading thru the 14 previous parts, iteration is really preferrable. :blink: That said...please add a little structure, like this.

hey i don't know if it is already being talked about.
  1. but what i would like in kotorIII is that there would be some traingrounds where you can just fight as many creatures as possible so you can grow quickly.

2. the second thing i would like is that there would be a lot force powers and i mean a lot.

3. also that you must find some force powers, like finding a very strong dark side power in a cave and it's hidden. it gives you as a player a great feeling when you find it.

4. someone allready mentioned the idea of starting the jedi of sith all over. like finding a place where they would gather and some trainings.

5. the third thing i would like to see in kotorIII is the fighting moves with melee weapons or lightsabers, they have to be cooler. also some faster moves.

6. the fourth thing i want is that you can move on planets by speedbike or something else.

7. and last the jedi/sith robes there must be a place where you can customize them you're own color or picture some special powers.

Yep it all has been mentioned before in terms of...

1. Schools and training as this and that, but your notion of powergaming is both new and old. I don't really like the idea of boosting grounds - just start me up as level 7 if that's the point. Some even suggest export/import of your previous uber char from the last game or the current game.
  2. Both new basic powers and powers from holocrons and masters and keeping old ones from being replaced by new ones when upgrading.
  3. Wasn't this already in K2 in that Sith tomb on Dxun also? You also learn from Masters and Party members and mentioned previously as a new thing from Holocrons. But it's still a good idea as are most except the first and last imo.
  4. Starting as jedi/sith/non-jedi with or without cameo tutelage and everything.
  5. Special combat moves and styles and finishing enemy moves and etc.
  6. Swoops bikes and shuttles for planet-wide transport.
  7. Oh, ROBES that's a new one...that is mentioned at least once pr. page. A lot of people are into all that style and customization of Robes, Hoods, Bumpers, Spoilers, Tires, Gloves, Boots, Underware, Upperware, Topperware, Heads, Hair, Facial hair, Nose jobs, Tatoos and so on. I am not one of those people.

In the case of (6) I'd actually suggest a Force Teleportation kind of power to quickly change from one area to another and to replace that "return to ship" option as well.

edit: #1 damn quotes on edit. #2 missed a list item.

Edited by Janmanden

(Signatures: disabled) 

I'd like:

A new ship, no more Ebon Hawk. And make it customizable. Every time you recruit a new character, change the appearance of one of the sleeping quarters to show who is living there.

I still like the idea of starting as a padawan. For the first two or three hours of the game you're not the main character. Then your master gets killed and you're thrust into the main character position. You'd still control your master, its just that he is pre-generated and the story revolves around him for the first little bit.

Much more customizable appearance. Either complete facial creation a-la sims 2, or at least a large collection of facial parts. Include more full masks, some helmets, etc. as well as hooded robes that take into account masks you wear if any. Allow color customization of robes.

Don't gain levels so fast. If the whole padawan/dead master idea I mentioned above is used for instance, by the time your master dies you shouldn't be more than level 2.

Have a 4th base jedi class. Well, not even a jedi class, just a force user class. If you're training these fully grown adults into jedi in a couple hours, I doubt they're going to be fully fleged jedi, force users yes, but not jedi. Just remove the special abilities like force jump and such that the jedi classes get and maybe reduce the amount of force powers they get.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

OK, this idea came to me while I couldn't fall asleep last night.

A long time ago in a galaxy far far away...

STAR WARS

Knights of the Old Republic III: Remnants of Revan

It is the height of the Galactic Civil War. It is a period of unrest as the Rebel Alliance and the Galactic Empire struggle for control of the galaxy.

Amidst this conflict, a descendant of the Jedi Exile, Vornis Mawiven, a pilot in the Imperial Navy, is aboard the Imperial Star Destroyer Superior, heading toward the planet Onderon, a planet torn by civil war with renegade factions trying to fight for independence against the Empire...

*Cut to the Superior flying to the planet.*

*Int. Superior*

Grand Admiral Ateh Sao-Priste and Vornis Mawiven are standing in the ship's bridge. An attractive female corporal approaches them

Grand Admiral Ateh Sao-Priste: Corporal Vicyp, what do you have?

Corporal Vicyp: Sir, we've informed the Imperial presence on Onderon of our arrival. We should arrive in our target zone in a standard hour.

Grand Admiral Ateh Sao-Priste: Good. Get the fighters to their ships. I want them ready to drop down on those Rebel sympathizers like they won't know what hit 'em.

Corporal Vicyp: Very well, Admiral. (she salutes and walks away)

Grand Admiral: Vornis, I want you to lead the attack. You're the best pilot I have. Make sure you hit them hard and fast. I don't want to give them a chance to organize until it's too late.

Vornis Mawiven: Yes sir. (They salute and Vornis walks away)

*Onderon space*

A fleet of TIEs advance toward the warring planet

During combat you eventually crash land but manage to survive. You begin as a level 1 Jedi with your only Force Power being Force Heal (you'll gain more Force Powers much later in tge game). Eventually you end up traveling across the galaxy searching for what happened to the "True Sith", and their impact on Revan and the Exile, all while trying to hide your Jedi presence in the midst of the Empire.

You can replace Jedi Exile with Revan and of course edit the name. The other parent would be the romance option you chose for K1 or K2

Corporal Vicyp will be the male's romance option (a male not introduced in this segment will be the one for the female)

... maybe this would make for a total conversion mod instead...

DAWUSS

Dawes ain't too bright. Hitting rock bottom is when you leave 2 tickets on the dash of your car, leave it unlocked hoping someone will steal them & when you come back, there are 4 tickets on your dashboard.

... maybe this would make for a total conversion mod instead...

Yeah, this is Old Republic afterall.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds