KotoR 3: Ideas and Suggestions

There's really no point in stating this though.  The odds of any Star Wars game being made without Lucasarts involvement is 0%.

Oh, I am perfectly aware of this but if LA wants a really good Star Wars game they needs to be hands off. that will only happen if they have nothing to do with the game.

I wouldn't mind seeing some special arrangement for the KOTOR games where the developer answers straight to LFL and LA only publishes the game when it is all done.

This is no slam on LA but LA is a video game publisher, plain and simple. LFL needs to realize that KOTOR is more than just a video game...it is where the SW saga lives on after the movies. Such a thing can only be done right in an environment that is not dependent on what else is going on.

The reason KOTOR 2 was rushed is not so LA could make extra money during Christmas but, rather, so it would no go toe-to-toe with the Ep 3 game. The KOTOR gods need to be able to operate in any environment without such considerations. Kind of like how the Saturn car is technically GM but they are pretty much doing their own thing....something like that would be preferred.

Not going to happen so ther eis no reason to have a K3.

I've gotta agree with Hades, KotOR is over.

:blink: then why are you here?

the series just started how can it be done, besides you know the game was not horrible. you make it sound as if it was like dead to rights 2, the game still did really well and most who played KOTOR enjoyed it once they got past the let down from all the hype. who are you to tell people what can and cannot have... your not a developer or a publisher! GET OVER YOURSELF or stay out of these forums and leave people who like this series and would like to see it continue alone :(

If you are asking why they are in this thread then thats a fair question, negative inconstructive comments are never helpful.

If you are asking why they frequent these boards, be aware of the fact that Kotor 2 is not the be all and end all of Obsidian and they have no connection with Kotor 3 (strictly speaking nobody does, since it is non existant).

A comic just makes any sort of continiuty more difficult. The games have enough problems. But a comic that ran in conjunction with the games would remove the elements of choice at a stroke.

Now if thats what LA want, then they should give the series to Squenix. Because they could do an incredible job with that sort of predetermined plot. Although Sqenix probably wouldnt want it.

If they tie up the old plot line in the comic and then leave the games independant, then you could make another one. But game and comic cant run as a continuation of each other, without removing pretty much all of what KOTOR and a CRPG is.

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

If you are asking why they are in this thread then thats a fair question, negative inconstructive comments are never helpful.

If you are asking why they frequent these boards, be aware of the fact that Kotor 2 is not the be all and end all of Obsidian and they have no connection with Kotor 3 (strictly speaking nobody does, since it is non existant).

as i was informed earlier "take your comments to forums where they belong", if you don't like KOTOR i believe there are other threads non-KOTOR related (stay there). its just pointless for someone to come in and just be negative when this is a constructive thread (suggestions for KOTOR 3 not do you think KOTOR is done)

as i was informed earlier "take your comments to forums where they belong", if you don't like KOTOR i believe there are other threads non-KOTOR related (stay there). its just pointless for someone to come in and just be negative when this is a constructive thread (suggestions for KOTOR 3 not do you think KOTOR is done)

There is a difference between being negative and being realistic.

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

I've gotta agree with Hades, KotOR is over.

:blink: then why are you here?

the series just started how can it be done, besides you know the game was not horrible. you make it sound as if it was like dead to rights 2, the game still did really well and most who played KOTOR enjoyed it once they got past the let down from all the hype. who are you to tell people what can and cannot have... your not a developer or a publisher! GET OVER YOURSELF or stay out of these forums and leave people who like this series and would like to see it continue alone :(

1. If you haven't already noticed, this is Obsidian's forum, not a KotOR Fanboi forum.

2. I never said I didn't like KotOR.

3. I never said people can't have KotOR III, they just won't get it. If they really want it they can make it themselves.

4. I'm way to attractive to get over myself.

KotOR 3 mod for teh win!!1!1

Oh yeah, and moreKOTORplz, read ShadowPaladin's post, he has it totally right there, all that's happening here is people being realistic about KotOR 3, which honestly has a very low chance of happening, due to the lack of success from KotOR 2, and all the rest of the reasons that have been mentioned the past 5 or so pages.

The reason we are discussing this, in case you haven't noticed, is that there has been another 14 versions of this thread, which means that basically every aspect of a new KotOR game has already been discussed, if only touched upon :(.

Edited by Petay

1. If you haven't already noticed, this is Obsidian's forum, not a KotOR Fanboi forum.

3. I never said people can't have KotOR III, they just won't get it. If they really want it they can make it themselves.

actually this is a KOTOR forum (its not in obsidian general) i'm a n00b and know that!

once again WHO ARE YOU!

so you and george shoot the **** over golf do you? :(

actually this is a KOTOR forum (its not in obsidian general) i'm a n00b and know that!

once again WHO ARE YOU!

so you and george shoot the **** over golf do you?  :(

This is a thread not a forum. Easy mistake to make though.

KOTOR has very little to do with George as does Lucas Arts Games in general.

478327[/snapback]

once again WHO ARE YOU!

1. No, this isn't a KotOR forum.

2. Why do you need to know who I am anyway?

Edited by kotorkyle

2. Why do you need to know who I am anyway?

You said you were attractive , blame yourself :(

Anyway if you let people live in KOTOR fantasy land and then the game got canceled (again) they would be crushed. This way Hades is preparing them for when that happens. And if KOTOR III does get made, you can always stick your tongues out at him.

Edited by ShadowPaladin V1.0

478327[/snapback]

once again WHO ARE YOU!

This is a thread not a forum. Easy mistake to make though.

KOTOR has very little to do with George as does Lucas Arts Games in general.

it still doesn't say bash KOTOR on the thread title! i know george doesn't have any involvment it just rolled off the tongue better

george doesn't look like much of a golfer :blink:

it still doesn't say bash KOTOR on the thread title! i know george doesn't have any involvment it just rolled off the tongue better

george doesn't look like much of a golfer  :(

Well not making it counts as a suggestion which makes it on topic for the thread.

478327[/snapback]