cbs poll on evolution vs. creationism

random evil guy

A 1110 is decent for having not slept the night prior, and gotten 2 hours the night before that...right?  :'(

Not really. Especially considering I made an 1180 in 7th grade after having arrived back from England three hours before the test when I had severe sleep apnia leading to constant insomnia. >_<"

Edited by Archmonarch

And I find it kind of funny

I find it kind of sad

The dreams in which I'm dying

Are the best I've ever had

I followed the thread from the very begining. I hope no one felt as if I attacked him personally. However, I got a somewhat serious response from thepixiesrock, which may be a notable achievement for this board. *A friendly smile* However, I will take a hug.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

Personally, i put my faith in the Bible, which I believe to be God's own words, not in councils of bishops or whatever else.

Alright.

Might want to look at who actually compiled the New Testament, though...

I have just now briefly looked and am presenting a couple things i found in this post. (although, i already have faith that God compiled it, but i know that doesn't count much in a faith-objective viewpoint.)

-------------------------------------------------

http://www.gotquestions.org/canon-Bible.html

"For the New Testament, the process of the recognition and collection began in the first centuries of the Christian church. Very early on, some of the New Testament books were being recognized. Paul considered Luke

Edited by Blank

Folks need not get their moral or ethical foundation from religion, but, if you'll pardon the expression, they sure as hell can't build a moral or ethical framework on a foundation of science.

No we don't. >_<

I wasn't raised in a religious environment and I've got a stronger framework of morals and ethics than damn near every person I know.

I don't believe you understood my statement, LoveWolf16. I was saying that religion is not imperative for the development of a moral or ethical foundation. I've always thought that you sounded more or less sensible in an environment that lends itself to serious non-sense. *A wink*

EDIT: Screw it, as much as I'd like to keep one persona from the other, It's too damned confusing to keep my posts straight. Instead, I'll turn cowboy and start shooting hombres from the hip. Dammit.

Edited by Eldar

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

A 1110 is decent for having not slept the night prior, and gotten 2 hours the night before that...right?  :'(

Not really. Especially considering I made an 1180 in 7th grade after having arrived back from England three hours before the test when I had severe sleep apnia leading to constant insomnia. :huh:"

That was the older test. ;) Higher possible score on that one...by like 500 I think.

I had thought that some of nature's journeymen had made men and not made them well, for they imitated humanity so abominably. - Book of Counted Sorrows

'Cause I won't know the man that kills me

and I don't know these men I kill

but we all wind up on the same side

'cause ain't none of us doin' god's will.

- Everlast

Folks need not get their moral or ethical foundation from religion, but, if you'll pardon the expression, they sure as hell can't build a moral or ethical framework on a foundation of science.

No we don't. :)

I wasn't raised in a religious environment and I've got a stronger framework of morals and ethics than damn near every person I know.

I don't believe you understood my statement, LoveWolf16.

:o:blink:

DENMARK!

It appears that I have not yet found a sig to replace the one about me not being banned... interesting.

Oooooh, we are sharing SAT scores to find out who is the smartiest! I scored 1130 with a great night's sleep and pretty much all my brain power...and it's really made all the difference.

Seriously, do you really think an SAT score somehow makes you superior to someone else on a video game message board? Everyone hear is on the level. We are all smart enough to use computers, but dumb enough to spen huge chuncks of time on a game message board that doesn't even have an active game in development. Yay us!

*edit* Accidental spelling errors aren't as impressive as purposeful ones

Edited by Hurlshot

He has a point, though.  Nobody's going to convince anybody.

And it looks like several people are going to be doing very poorly on reading comprehension when they're finally old enough to take their SATs.

Argueing is healthy. I don't think any of us are trying to convince anyone, we are just expressing our beliefs. Just learning more about what others think.

Edited by thepixiesrock

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

You are the one being the hypocrite.  You are truly ignorant.  :p  That is all I'll say, since we're obviously not going to convince each other of anything.  ...

Just one comment as I have other things to do.

The sad fact is you don't even comprehend WHY I won't be conveniced by you and why you won't be convinced by me.

I base my critcisms on logic, experience and faith.

You have mad a decision OF FAITH, based on limited experience and understanding (how many religions have you STUDIED, before settling for the ONE TRUE FAITH? Excactly.) That's fine and dandy.

Perhaps one day you might even decide to investigate this faith that you have put so much store into; then you will discover that the historical figure known as Jesus Christ and the fairy tale portrayed in the New Testament are well understood and accepted by senior clergy: those that have completed advanced degrees in theology. (They have come to terms with the human and supernatural lives of their christ. But yet they don't trust this information with the laity. Why is that?)

Do you know why you don't? Let me save you some soul searching and tell you: you're scared. Scared of what you will find out.

So I dare you: a challenge (that you will thank me for later): do some study in your religion: take a degree in divine studies, learn about it.

You WILL be surprised at what you find, I cna tell you, from what you write right now.

Good luck.

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Oooooh, we are sharing SAT scores to find out who is the smartiest!  I scored 1130 with a great night's sleep and pretty much all my brain power...and it's really made all the difference.

Seriously, do you really think an SAT score somehow makes you superior to someone else on a video game message board?  Everyone hear is on the level.  We are all smart enough to use computers, but dumb enough to spen huge chuncks of time on a game message board that doesn't even have an active game in development.  Yay us!

*edit*  Accidental spelling errors aren't as impressive as purposeful ones

Happen to have come into contact with sarcasm lately? The ;)" smiley shows that I am teasing and thus absolves me of any blame/responsibility.

And I find it kind of funny

I find it kind of sad

The dreams in which I'm dying

Are the best I've ever had

“For my ally is the Force, and a powerful ally it is. Life creates it, makes it grow. Its energy surrounds us and binds us. Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter. You must feel the Force around you; here, between you, me, the tree, the rock, everywhere, yes; even between the land and the ship."

On a more serious note:

I can and do believe in both beliefs existing hand in hand simultaneously.

For those who do believe in the Judaic / Christian G-D isn’t HE like an all powerful Force?

If you re-read you will note that each time G-D Himself appears it is always as some energy form.

Could not the Nephlim be other gods that we as humans named Zeus, Aries, etc…

Could not the 6 days of creation and the 7th day of rest not be consecutive days, but rather the first day G-D created and finished that day…then evolution did its work…second day G-D did some more work and finished that day…then evolution did more work, etc…

Wouldn’t G-D be an alien, since He’s obviously not an Earthling?

Tsel ;)

Just one comment as I have other things to do.

The sad fact is you don't even comprehend WHY I won't be conveniced by you and why you won't be convinced by me.

I base my critcisms on logic, experience and faith.

You have mad a decision OF FAITH, based on limited experience and understanding (how many religions have you STUDIED, before settling for the ONE TRUE FAITH? Excactly.) That's fine and dandy.

Perhaps one day you might even decide to investigate this faith that you have put so much store into; then you will discover that the historical figure known as Jesus Christ and the fairy tale portrayed in the New Testament are well understood and accepted by senior clergy: those that have completed advanced degrees in theology. (They have come to terms with the human and supernatural lives of their christ. But yet they don't trust this information with the laity. Why is that?)

Do you know why you don't? Let me save you some soul searching and tell you: you're scared. Scared of what you will find out.

So I dare you: a challenge (that you will thank me for later): do some study in your religion: take a degree in divine studies, learn about it.

You WILL be surprised at what you find, I cna tell you, from what you write right now.

Good luck.

I may not have a degree in theology, but I think it's both unfair and very presumptious of you to assume that I haven't studied any other religion, or even looked into my own in depth. Actually, I have studied other religions both in and out of school. I've studied Christianity, Islam, and Judaism, as well as their history in depth. I've also looked into religions like Hinduism, Buddhism, as well as some of the ancient polytheistic religions, and even Satanism. I have read books and articles, watched documentaries, taken classes in school, and even attended lectures. And if it may concern you, I've even studied Biblical Greek so as to understand the New Testament better, since I'm well aware translating languages, especially ancient ones, can lead to misconceptions. I even attend Bible studies on a regular basis.

So yes, I have ventured outside the boundaries of my own faith. And yes, there have been times when I've questioned my own faith as well. But I have yet to turn from it, and I doubt I ever will. If anything, my resolve in my own faith has only grown stronger over the years. I would not make statements about my own faith or the faith of others if I knew nothing about them. You seem to unfairly think I haven't looked into my faith or others, but rest assured, I have. And I intend to keep doing so. :thumbsup:

Since some people are talking about SAT's, I won't give my score, but I will say that I am very satisfied with it (on the new version, of course). :D

And is there any reason Tsel keeps writing "God" as "G-D"? >_<

Edited by Mothman

And is there any reason Tsel keeps writing "God" as "G-D"? :huh:

(chuckle) :)

YAHWEH is often called "God" in many English Bibles, but YAHWEH is NEVER referred to by a word that is pronounced "God" (Gawd) in the Hebrew text. The most common Hebrew title that is translated as "God" is the Hebrew word "Elohim." Many might say that even though this Hebrew word "Elohim" is not PRONOUNCED "God", it MEANS "God." It is true that in our MODERN ENGLISH "God" has much the same meaning as the Hebrew word "Elohim" however, the point was that "God" and "Yahweh" are two different beings ACCORDING TO THE HEBREW SCRIPTURES. And, all will admit that the Old Covenant was ORIGINALLY written in Hebrew. So, even though we will agree that "Elohim" is usually translated as "God" we must say that this is NOT the CORRECT way to translate the HEBREW word "Elohim." It should be "Mighty One."

If one decided to learn the Hebrew alphabet, and the sounds of the Hebrew letters, one could look up ISAIAH 65:11 in any Hebrew Interlinear, or simply look up the name of the Canaanite idol ("Troop" in the King James Bible), and you will see that this name "Gawd" is pronounced "God."

According to the Scriptures, YAHWEH & and god are NOT the same beings, "god" is an idol, ("any object" of worship).

I know I'm being an@l. (chuckle)

Tsel :thumbsup:

Edited by Tsel