cbs poll on evolution vs. creationism

random evil guy

Well Jesus did say that its easier for a camel to jump through a needles eye than for a rich man to get to heaven :lol:

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

Yea old news. Ohwell, atleast your healthy right? :)

Religion is just one that will never die. Its just another grip on reality that helps people come to terms with this world. Philosophy saves philosophers, careers saves careerists and religion saves the religious.

As long as they aren't torching the planet, imposing their will, or about to step in a mind minefield, why would we care what others believe? We would be hypocrits to tell them what the truth is, because all we do is make our best guesses from the information we have.

A good person IS a good person. :lol:

As for Intelligent Design in science books, that is an insult to all scientists. Science should stay science. Science is statistics, you can't prove a positive with a negative. That is you can't prove creation is true because evolution isn't. Creationists can't prove one empirical positives, thus they aren't science because so. Science is based on the natural world around us, not possiblilties with no proofs, those are not even testable.

If creationists here do have a positive proof for ID then please show. If you try to only disprove evolution that is not proving ID. I still love you creationists! :D

Edited by WITHTEETH

Always outnumbered, never out gunned!

Unreal Tournament 2004 Handle:Enlight_2.0

Myspace Website!

My rig

It's not so hard to understand that through evolution humans are created.

God (if you believe in one) ---> Nature ---> Evolution. Why would evolution go against religion at all? :lol: If evolution does anything to religions, it complements them by disproving the falsehoods within them.

As long as they aren't torching the planet, imposing their will, or about to step in a mind minefield, why would we care what others believe?

They are. Quite frequently.

As for Intelligent Design in science books, that is an insult to all scientists. Science should stay science. Science is statistics, you can't prove a positive with a negative. That is you can't prove creation is true because evolution isn't. Creationists can't prove one empirical positives, thus they aren't science because so. Science is based on the natural world around us, not possiblilties with no proofs, those are not even testable.

Agreed. :lol:

I had thought that some of nature's journeymen had made men and not made them well, for they imitated humanity so abominably. - Book of Counted Sorrows

'Cause I won't know the man that kills me

and I don't know these men I kill

but we all wind up on the same side

'cause ain't none of us doin' god's will.

- Everlast

Why would evolution go against religion at all? :lol: If evolution does anything to religions, it complements them by disproving the falsehoods within them.

You answered your own question.

People do not let go of their reality easily, They've had their whole life to build a wall up with facts and faith. Try throwing a evolution boulder at it, and they'll start to fight back.

Myspace Website!

My rig

People (atheists included) need to understand: religion doesn't teach anything about this physical reality. We have science for that. Whatever falsehoods religions presented before were only there to help the less informed people of the past when the actual scientific knowledge was not available to understand the world better.

As long as they aren't torching the planet, imposing their will, or about to step in a mind minefield, why would we care what others believe?

They are. Quite frequently.

Well, then those specific religious people who are doing these things should be told not to. The other good 1.6 billion christians shouldn't be labeled for those who wrong. Many Atheists also do atrocities.

A really hard part about all of this is just trying to be aware of everything that you are doing, right or wrong. Are you aware that a 7 year old pakistani girl made your shoes and your supporting this?

If we are going to start to blame a group of people, why not blame all of civiliazation. Thats when we started to destroy the earth and its ozone.

Myspace Website!

My rig

People (atheists included) need to understand: religion doesn't teach anything about this physical reality. We have science for that. Whatever falsehoods religions presented before were only there to help the less informed people of the past when the actual scientific knowledge was not available to understand the world better.

Thats a liberal view on religion. It wont get anywhere near orthodox or conservative, where Gods words are literal.

God speaks of the natural world. and how you should live in it. So there is a transition of expected behavior from that demension to this world.

Myspace Website!

My rig

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2005/10/22/...ain965223.shtml

"Most Americans do not accept the theory of evolution. Instead, 51 percent of Americans say God created humans in their present form

a bit worrying to see that most americans prefer religion/fairy tale to real science...

Oddly I'm not surprised.

At least Guinness have the right idea.

"Imagination is more important than knowledge." - Albert Einstein

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2005/10/22/...ain965223.shtml

"Most Americans do not accept the theory of evolution. Instead, 51 percent of Americans say God created humans in their present form

a bit worrying to see that most americans prefer religion/fairy tale to real science...

Oddly I'm not surprised.

At least Guinness have the right idea.

OK lets get real.

Humans are not always rational beings.

When i go out to eat, i normally get a pop. Why do i get a pop?

Water is free and Healthy, pop is neither.

I have the freedom to choose so im going to do it my way, Im choosing pop because i like the taste. Its just a matter of taste.

We have COMPLETE freedom of choice, with that choice we will choose what WE want, not whats rational all the time.

Myspace Website!

My rig

I like that. :p Technology still manages to amaze me.

And yes, I agree with Random's last post.

I had thought that some of nature's journeymen had made men and not made them well, for they imitated humanity so abominably. - Book of Counted Sorrows

'Cause I won't know the man that kills me

and I don't know these men I kill

but we all wind up on the same side

'cause ain't none of us doin' god's will.

- Everlast

The Chaldeans had a novel view of creation. The great dragon Tiamat was slain by the champion of the gods, Marduk Iskarios ( I think ) from which he made the Earth. Mankind was created and placed there to entertain the gods.

Personally, I don't care. I wasn't there to witness the creation of the earth and it's creatures and knowing how it happened isn't going to change the way I live my day to day life.

Ruminations...

When a man has no Future, the Present passes too quickly to be assimilated and only the static Past has value.

I think you stick to facts when it comes to teaching. You could teach religion as a theoretical subject or as a historical subject but teaching people creationism just leads to more Georges.

You have to break the cycle sometime.

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

sure, you could chose to believe the earth is flat and the moon the world's largest cheese wheel, but it is still pretty stupid imo... :p

“One man's religion is another mans' belly laugh.” ~Isaac Asimov

“Men willingly believe what they wish.” ~Julius Caesar

"your beliefs are retarded!" - random evil guy

:D

I demand all schools must immediately teach their students the creation myth of the Asatro. The world is formed by the top of the giant Ymers(who was Slain by Oden, Vile and Ve) cranium, the land his flesh and the seas his blood.

I mean, its perfectly reasonable, innit? :p"

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

But the vikings were ahead of Christianity as this theory clearly indicates that the earth is a spherical.. although only half a sphere