cbs poll on evolution vs. creationism

random evil guy

Folks need not get their moral or ethical foundation from religion, but, if you'll pardon the expression, they sure as hell can't build a moral or ethical framework on a foundation of science.

No we don't. :thumbsup:

I wasn't raised in a religious environment and I've got a stronger framework of morals and ethics than damn near every person I know.

I don't believe you understood my statement, LoveWolf16. I was saying that religion is not imperative for the development of a moral or ethical foundation. I've always thought that you sounded more or less sensible in an environment that lends itself to serious non-sense. *A wink*

EDIT: Screw it, as much as I'd like to keep one persona from the other, It's too damned confusing to keep my posts straight. Instead, I'll turn cowboy and start shooting hombres from the hip. Dammit.

:"> Um, yeah, looking back on it, and rereading it... Yes, I misunderstood. Then again, being exhausted both physically and mentally at the time of reading/posting....it doesn't surprise me.

Sorry about that Eldar/Cantousent.

Juuuuuuust couldn't keep it together, could you? Not even for little ol' me. :huh:

I had thought that some of nature's journeymen had made men and not made them well, for they imitated humanity so abominably. - Book of Counted Sorrows

'Cause I won't know the man that kills me

and I don't know these men I kill

but we all wind up on the same side

'cause ain't none of us doin' god's will.

- Everlast

I tried, Lone, I tried. I actually like Cantousent better. He's nicer. A much better Christian than me. hahahaha

Anyhow, 21 pages in all arguing over religion and science. I'd like to say, and I mean it, that I don't have anything against atheists or atheism. I don't agree with it, but it's just not the measure I want to use in judging my friends. I really try, as best I can, to leave judgment to God. Why would anyone want to sit in judgment of other people? How do Judges do it?

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

We're already going to be trailing in biotechnology if the federal government continues to balk at funding stem cell research, which means that if - and I do mean if - important advances come from such lines of scientific advancement (such as, I don't know, a cure for cancer, or even something more 'mundane' like Alzheimer's), we're going to be well behind the curve and buying our juice from somebody else.  I have no problem with people who read the Bible literally, but it does clearly state that faith alone can cure a person of their ailments - that'd be a fun national healthcare policy, huh?

I read in the latest Scientific American that some researchers have found, in mice, embrionic brain cells in the mothers. This is significant because the embrionic cells have passed over the blood-brain barrier intact (possibly in response to a chemical distress

call from the brain, as they have been found as various glial-type cells, as well as macrophages).

It is already established that the cells from the natal infant can survive in the mother for up to 27 years. They are now trying to find evidence in humans, by looking for Y chromosomes in mothers' brain tissue.

Possible applications may be to just inject stem cells into the blood stream for the "rescue raiders" to lend a pseudopod.

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

"You go to the church, you kiss the cross

You will be saved at any cost

You have your own reality

Christianity

You spend your life just kissing ass

A trait that's grown as time has passed

You think the world will end today

You praise the Lord, it's all you say

Jesus saves, listen to you pray

You think you'll see the pearly gates

When death takes you away

For all respect you cannot lust

In an invisible man you place your trust

Indirect dependency

Eternal attempt at amnesty

He will decide who lives and dies

Depopulate Satanas rise

You will be an accessory

Irreverence and blasphemy"

(Slayer- Jesus Saves)

:wub: Slayer: the epitome of religious tolerance and expertise. But of course, they wouldn't dare make a song like that against, say, Hinduism. Or maybe Baley would like to quote more Satanic Bible verses? (he probably will thanks to this post) But then again, according to Baley, Satanism has a higher moral platform then Christianity, doesn't it?

Amazing the level of tolerance on these boards, I tell you. The lack of double standards is so gratifying! :D

Edited by Mothman

:wub:  Slayer: the epitome of religious tolerance and expertise.  But of course, they wouldn't dare make a song like that against, say, Hinduism.  Or maybe Baley would like to quote more Satanic Bible verses?  (he probably will thanks to this post) 

Amazing the level of tolerance on these boards, I tell you.  :D

Of course not. Slayer knows christianity sucks.

"You go to the church, you kiss the cross

You will be saved at any cost

You have your own reality

Christianity

You spend your life just kissing ass

A trait that's grown as time has passed

You think the world will end today

You praise the Lord, it's all you say

Jesus saves, listen to you pray

You think you'll see the pearly gates

When death takes you away

For all respect you cannot lust

In an invisible man you place your trust

Indirect dependency

Eternal attempt at amnesty

He will decide who lives and dies

Depopulate Satanas rise

You will be an accessory

Irreverence and blasphemy"

(Slayer- Jesus Saves)

You rule dude. :wub:

:wub:  Slayer: the epitome of religious tolerance and expertise.  But of course, they wouldn't dare make a song like that against, say, Hinduism.  Or maybe Baley would like to quote more Satanic Bible verses?  (he probably will thanks to this post) 

Amazing the level of tolerance on these boards, I tell you.  :D

Of course not. Slayer knows christianity sucks.

^^^ My point exactly. :D

Actually Tom Araya is rumoured to be catholic.

But he'd never admit it, would he? Oh no, why ruin his good reputation?

@julianw: To an extent, it can be gratifying. The double standards and hypocrisy I see coming from these boards and elsewhere concerning Christianity is just sickening, though. Cripes, it makes me want to vomit. I have yet to attack anybody on this board for being an Atheist. Absolutely sickening. But nobody will admit to there being a double standard. It'd compromise their principles. :wub: Right, Gabs?

*sigh* But then again: "Blessed are those who are persecuted because of righteousness..." I guess it's all good in the end. :wub:

Edited by Mothman

@julianw:  To an extent, it can be gratifying.  The double standards and hypocrisy I see coming from these boards and elsewhere concerning Christianity is just sickening, though.  Cripes, it makes me want to vomit.  Absolutely sickening.  But nobody will admit to there being a double standard.

Like I said, when there are two billion followers of Christianity and the number is still growing and everywhere you go you cannot escape its influence, what more are there that you need to prove? The double standard cannot be avoided. Do people judge the US government and the Kazakhstan government by the same standard?

Actually Tom Araya is rumoured to be catholic.

But he'd never admit it, would he? Oh no, why ruin his good reputation?

@julianw: To an extent, it can be gratifying. The double standards and hypocrisy I see coming from these boards and elsewhere concerning Christianity is just sickening, though. Cripes, it makes me want to vomit. I have yet to attack anybody on this board for being an Atheist. Absolutely sickening. But nobody will admit to there being a double standard. It'd compromise their principles. :wub: Right, Gabs?

*sigh* But then again: "Blessed are those who are persecuted because of righteousness..." I guess it's all good in the end. o:)

Go to a primarily Christian board, or even something physical, like a school, or college and say you're agnostic or atheist. Generally there'll be instantaneous moral, ethical, and spiritual assaults on your character the instant you offer a dissenting opinion on the whole god matter.

The double standards and hypocrisy exist on both sides of the fence. :wub:

And when have I attacked anybody for being Christian? :'(

I had thought that some of nature's journeymen had made men and not made them well, for they imitated humanity so abominably. - Book of Counted Sorrows

'Cause I won't know the man that kills me

and I don't know these men I kill

but we all wind up on the same side

'cause ain't none of us doin' god's will.

- Everlast

I am perplexed by these silly statements. Do they have any point to them? If you are attacking Christianity for the corruption within the religion, there are far better ways. If you are mocking at the ignorance against Christianity through sarcasm, still there are far better ways. If you are just spamming without a purpose then carry on...