cbs poll on evolution vs. creationism

random evil guy

"THE GOD YOU SAVE

MAY BE YOURSELF

ALL religions of a spiritual nature are inventions of man. He has created an entire

system of gods with nothing more than his carnal brain. Just because he has an ego,

and cannot accept it, he has to externalize it into some great spiritual device which he

calls "God".

God can do all the things man is forbidden to do - such as kill people, perform miracles

to gratify his will, control without any apparent responsibility, etc. If man needs such a

god and recognizes that god, then he is worshipping an entity that a human being

invented. Therefore, HE IS WORSHIPPING BY PROXY THE MAN THAT INVENTED GOD. Is it not more sensible to

worship a god that he, himself, has created, in accordance with his own emotional needs - one

that best represents the very carnal and physical being that has the idea-power to invent a god

in the first place?

If man insists on externalizing his true self in the form of "God", then why fear his true self, in

fearing "God", - why praise his true self in praising "God", - why remain externalized from

"God" IN ORDER TO ENGAGE IN RITUAL AND RELIGIOUS CEREMONY IN HIS NAME?

Man needs ritual and dogma, but no law states that an externalized god is necessary in order

to engage in ritual and ceremony performed in a god's name! Could it be that when he closes

the gap between himself and his "God" he sees the demon of pride creeping forth - that very

embodiment of Lucifer appearing in his midst? He no longer can view himself in two parts,

the carnal and the spiritual, but sees them merge as one, and then to his abysmal horror,

discovers that they are only the carnal - AND ALWAYS WERE! Then he either hates himself to death,

day by day - or rejoices that he is what he is!

If he hates himself, he searches out new and more complex spiritual paths of "enlightenment"

in hopes that he may split himself up again in his quest for stronger and more externalized

"gods" to scourge his poor miserable shell. If he accepts himself, but recognizes that ritual and

ceremony are the important devices that his invented religions have utilized to sustain his

faith in a lie, then it is the SAME FORM OF RITUAL that will sustain his faith in the truth - the

primitive pageantry that will give his awareness of his own majestic being added substance.

When all religious faith in lies has waned, it is because man has become closer to himself and

farther from "God"; closer to the "Devil." If this is what the devil represents, and a man lives

his life in the devil's fane, with the sinews of Satan moving in his flesh, then he either escapes

from the cacklings and carpings of the righteous, or stands proudly in his secret places of the

earth and manipulates the folly-ridden masses through his own Satanic might, until that day

when he may come forth in splendor proclaiming "I AM A SATANIST! BOW DOWN, FOR I AM THE HIGHEST

EMBODIMENT OF HUMAN LIFE!""

Who wrote the satan stuff?

Anton Lavey. A known wife beater and child abuser. An all around scumbag.

Let's give the various religion bashing a rest for now guys. Each of us have our person faith or belief that suits us.

Just let it go at that eh?

Ruminations...

When a man has no Future, the Present passes too quickly to be assimilated and only the static Past has value.

So yeah, keep that stuff to yourself.  Know why?  Because Hindus never get up and say, "Well, I'm Hindu, and I don't feel that Hindu values are being represented in the media these days.  Let's ban Desperate Housewives."  Muslims don't ask that sections of the Koran be etched into the walls of the Supreme Court.  Jews never suggest that legislation be enacted to ensure the country remains kosher.  I dare you to suggest that Christians never attempt to force their values on the American public.

looks like someone is generalising followers of religions again...

On one final note, I wouldn't put too much faith in humanity's intelligence.  Humanity has shown time and again we don't always know what's best for us.  :devil:

You'll put your faith, on the other hand, in the judgment of a council of bishops, convening hundreds of years after the death of Jesus, as to what ought to consist of his gospel, though?

Personally, i put my faith in the Bible, which I believe to be God's own words, not in councils of bishops or whatever else.
You'll put your faith, on the other hand, in a book that might be just a bit off on a few things - such as the age of the earth, for example.  If it's literal, then it's just plain wrong; if it's a metaphor, then can you tell me what else is?  What isn't?  That's interpretation, interpretation by human intelligence, and we all know the problems with human intelligence, yeah?

The earth is older than the Bible says it is? So you think that if God created everything (which is my belief), then he would not have the earth already well-developed as it would be if it had existed for a long long time? You think God would create an uninhabitable piece of rock and then put people on it? No, God is not stupid. He wants people to live on the earth, so why wouldn't He make it in the way that it would be had it existed for a long long time? OH NO! THATS WRONG BECAUSE GOD CAN'T DO THAT! I ASSUME SO... right....

You'll put your faith, on the other hand, in a religion that can't answer any of the big questions, such as, "Why?"  Why would God create us as imperfect?  To see who can make it into heaven?  What's the point of that?  Why not just create Heaven and put everyone there?  Because we wouldn't be tested then, sure.  But what's the point of the test?  It's a bit like me tossing some mice in a maze, and killing the ones who don't make it to the cheese.  We have to prove our faith, yada yada yada.  If God's omnipotent, though, then he could just create us all with perfect faith.  But that gets in the way of free will, doesn't it?  But if God can't create us without violating our free will, then he's really not omnipotent.  If he can, and chose not to, then we're back to the mice scenario, and it all sounds more like a sick game than anything we ought to respect.

God made people imperfect?

OH YEAH! HE MADE THEM WITH ALL THESE FLAWS JUST TO PUNISH PEOPLE BECAUSE HE IS SADISTIC. YEAH, BECAUSE I SAY SO. AND OBVIOUSLY IF HE GIVES US FREE WILL AND WE DECIDE TO DISOBEY HIM, THEN THAT MEANS THAT IT IS HIS FAULT THAT WE CHOSE TO DISOBEY HIM. HIS FAULT! NOT OURS! HE MADE THE DECISION FOR US. I KNOW BECAUSE I SAY SO. HUMANS ARE SMARTER THAN ALL OTHER CREATURES ON EARTH, AND I AM HUMAN, SO OBVIOUSLY I AM SMARTER THAN GOD! GOD CAN'T MAKE US WITH FREE WILL AND STILL HAVE US NOT DISOBEY HIM BECAUSE THEN IT WOULD NOT BE FREE WILL. THERE IS NO OTHER SCENARIO THAN THIS ONE I JUST MADE. SO THAT MEANS THAT GOD IS NOT OMNIPOTENT. BECAUSE I SAY SO. WE ARE ALL JUST A RAT IN A CAGE DESPITE ALL OF OUR RAGE, BECAUSE I SAY SO. GOD HAS TO BE RIGHT BY MY STANDARDS OF WHAT RIGHT IS, BECAUSE I INVENTED 'RIGHT', NOT GOD. GOD DID NOT INVENT 'RIGHT', SO HIS VERSION IS WRONG, BECAUSE I SAY SO.

sure...

Lay off the Christian propaganda.

Jess LaVey is a known born again Christian.

Though I agree on the scumbag part.

yeah, since he is a known christian, then everything he does now makes all christians hypocrites. and even though he is a scumbag, the stuff he writes is still the bestest literature ever

Though I agree on the scumbag part and throw in hypocrite.

I'm hardly the one to spout Christian chant. :devil::lol:

Anton may have acknowledged Christianity as he was dying but wasn't real interested in it while he was loaning his daughter Zeena's ass out to anyone that furthered his personal interests.

Ruminations...

When a man has no Future, the Present passes too quickly to be assimilated and only the static Past has value.

Though I agree on the scumbag part.

yeah, since he is a known christian, then everything he does now makes all christians hypocrites. and even though he is a scumbag, the stuff he writes is still the bestest literature ever

Where did I call all Christians hypocrites?

Where did I admit to liking his writings?

The only reason I posted them was to piss off ignorant fundamentalists such as yourself.

And no,Jess LaVey as a born again Christian has no reason whatsoever to try discrediting the Church of Satan. :rolls eyes:

My creed is that everyone can believe in whatever they ****ing want as long as it does not break the laws of their country.

Edited by Baley

Let's give the various religion bashing a rest for now guys. Each of us have our person faith or belief that suits us.

Mind your own business, if you don't want to join in the discussion, don't. We are just expressing our beliefs.

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

Mind your own business, if you don't want to join in the discussion, don't. We are just expressing our beliefs.

He has a point, though. Nobody's going to convince anybody.

And it looks like several people are going to be doing very poorly on reading comprehension when they're finally old enough to take their SATs.

And it looks like several people are going to be doing very poorly on reading comprehension when they're finally old enough to take their SATs.

Not to mention threads like these are a magnet for flame-wars.

Actually, I did very well on the reading comprehension. :D

Edited by Mothman

I did decently. <_<

A 1110 is decent for having not slept the night prior, and gotten 2 hours the night before that...right? :'(

I had thought that some of nature's journeymen had made men and not made them well, for they imitated humanity so abominably. - Book of Counted Sorrows

'Cause I won't know the man that kills me

and I don't know these men I kill

but we all wind up on the same side

'cause ain't none of us doin' god's will.

- Everlast

for the uninitiated, intelligent falling is a sort of joke reference to people that make the claim "well, gravity is only a theory!" when trying to exaggerate the problems with science. i.e. god makes us fall to the earth.

there's an interesting history to that phrase with me, and commissar was witness, making what i found to be the most hilarious statement i've ever read, in regards to intelligent falling.

taks

comrade taks... just because.

for the uninitiated, intelligent falling is a sort of joke reference to people that make the claim "well, gravity is only a theory!"  when trying to exaggerate the problems with science.  i.e. god makes us fall to the earth.

there's an interesting history to that phrase with me, and commissar was witness, making what i found to be the most hilarious statement i've ever read, in regards to intelligent falling.

taks

You've lost me, bud.

Edit: I know about IF, of course, but the rest of it I'm drawing a blank on.

Edited by Commissar