cbs poll on evolution vs. creationism

random evil guy

Sometimes folks talk about certain people who are uninformed about Chritianity or are unbelievers of Christianity but who have Christian moral and ethical values as being "accidental Christians".

'Christian' morality was around long before Christianity. The only thing unique about the ethics themselves is that they were combined with Christian theology.

What'd be truly novel is if they were actually used. Turn the other cheek? Nah, we'd rather execute minors in Texas, thanks.

To the guy who said we were attacking Mothman for being Christian, thats completely incorrect. We were just having a freindly discussion, no hard feelings. If you read any of my posts, you'll see that I was just stating my opinion and am not saying anyone is right. I could say that Mothman was attacking me for my beliefs too. Thats not true, but I could say it.

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

Yeah, someone needs a hug.

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

No, stupid God lover. Why don't you go cry to your God, you Bible thumper!

I'm a changed man.

post-1658-1131323806_thumb.jpg

Sacreligeous!

Now you are part of a ritualistic doomsday cult.

I think that guy just glazed over a few posts, got fed up, and went on a rant. I didn't insult any one or belief. I was only giving my opinion. If thats too much to take, then i suggest a hug.  :)

Hard to tell if you blokes are being serious or not...

...but if you followed the forums, you'd know who Cantousent is. Hell, even I know.

THE

BOOK OF

SATAN

I

1. In this arid wilderness of steel and stone I raise up my voice that you may hear. To the

East and to the West I beckon. To the North and to the South I show a sign

proclaiming: Death to the weakling, wealth to the strong!

2. Open your eyes that you may see, Oh men of mildewed minds, and listen to me ye

bewildered millions!

3. For I stand forth to challenge the wisdom of the world; to interrogate the "laws" of

man and of "God"!

4. I request reason for your golden rule and ask the why and wherefore of your ten

commandments.

5. Before none of your printed idols do I bend in acquiescence, and he who saith "thou

shalt" to me is my mortal foe!

6. I dip my forefinger in the watery blood of your impotent mad redeemer, and write

over his thorn-torn brow: The TRUE prince of evil - the king of slaves!

7. No hoary falsehood shall be a truth to me; no stifling dogma shall encramp my pen!

8. I break away from all conventions that do not lead to my earthly success and

happiness.

9. I raise up in stern invasion the standard of the strong!

10. I gaze into the glassy eye of your fearsome Jehovah, and pluck him by the beard; I

uplift a broad-axe, and split open his worm-eaten skull!

11. I blast out the ghastly contents of philosophically whited sepulchers and laugh with

sardonic wrath!

THE

BOOK OF

SATAN

II

1. Behold the crucifix; what does it symbolize? Pallid incompetence hanging on a tree.

2. I question all things. As I stand before the festering and varnished facades of your

haughtiest moral dogmas, I write thereon in letters of blazing scorn: Lo and behold; all

this is fraud!

3. Gather around me, Oh! ye death-defiant, and the earth itself shall be thine, to have and

to hold!

4. Too long the dead hand has been permitted to sterilize living thought!

5. Too long right and wrong, good and evil have been inverted by false prophets!

6. No creed must be accepted upon authority of a "divine" nature. Religions must be put

to the question. No moral dogma must be taken for granted - no standard of

measurement deified. There is nothing inherently sacred about moral codes. Like the

wooden idols of long ago, they are the work of human hands, and what man has made,

man can destroy!

7. He that is slow to believe anything and everything is of great understanding, for belief

in one false principle is the beginning of all unwisdom.

8. The chief duty of every new age is to upraise new men to determine its liberties, to

lead it towards material success - to rend the rusty padlocks and chains of dead custom

that always prevent healthy expansion. Theories and ideas that may have meant life

and hope and freedom for our ancestors may now mean destruction, slavery, and

dishonor to us!

9. As environments change, no human ideal standeth sure!

10. Whenever, therefore, a lie has built unto itself a throne, let it be assailed without pity

and without regret, for under the domination of an inconvenient falsehood, no one can

prosper.

11. Let established sophisms be dethroned, rooted out, burnt and destroyed, for they are a

standing menace to all true nobility of thought and action!

12. Whatever alleged "truth" is proven by results to be but an empty fiction, let it be

unceremoniously flung into the outer darkness, among the dead gods, dead empires,

dead philosophies, and other useless lumber and wreckage!

13. The most dangerous of all enthroned lies is the holy, the sanctified, the privileged lie -

the lie everyone believes to be a model truth. It is the fruitful mother of all other

popular errors and delusions. It is a hydra-headed tree of unreason with a thousand

roots. It is a social cancer!

14. The lie that is known to be a lie is half eradicated, but the lie that even intelligent

persons accept as fact - the lie that has been inculcated in a little child at its mother's

knee - is more dangerous to contend against than a creeping pestilence!

15. Popular lies have ever been the most potent enemies of personal liberty. There is only

one way to deal with them: Cut them out, to the very core, just as cancers. Exterminate

them root and branch. Annihilate them, or they will us!