cbs poll on evolution vs. creationism

random evil guy

I see were are letting things get to eachother. People make mistakes, and misconceptions all the time. If you want to try to correct them, its best to do it as a friend, its more effective. When people start yelling its just that person not in control of themselves.

Some of our group members are younger then others. So those who are older, lets be more patient and tolerent of those younger then we.

We don't have to respect eachother, but we have to atleast tolerate one another.

Me personally. i think all of us are generally good, we jsut have alot of different views that conflict. We all try to justify what we do pretty much. Maybe this will help those of you who have lost your wit for a moment.

Good luck! :mellow:

Always outnumbered, never out gunned!

Unreal Tournament 2004 Handle:Enlight_2.0

Myspace Website!

My rig

Me personally. i think all of us are generally good, we jsut have alot of different views that conflict. We all try to justify what we do pretty much.  Maybe this will help those of you who have lost your wit for a moment.

Good luck! :luck:

Wise words. :mellow:

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

"Women should be silent in the churches, for they are not permitted to speak, but should be submissive, as the law also says." (1 Corinthians 14:34)

Timothy 2:12:

"I do not permit a woman to teach or to have authority over a man; she must be silent."

Psalm 137:9

"Happy shall he be, that taketh and dasheth thy little ones against the stones.

Or she. "

Mothman,where exatly did I claim Satanism held a higher moral platform?

And no ****,learn more about modern Satanism before making such ignorant claims.

The bible also teaches compassion. I suggest you read more of those parts. Lets not look for reasons to justify hating another group.  :mellow:

I am not hating them. I DO NOT HATE HOMOSEXUALS! and just in case you guys are going to look over what i just wrote, i will repeat myself, I HAVE NOT WRITTEN ANYTHING THAT EVEN SUGGESTS THAT I HATE HOMESEXUALS, BECAUSE I DON'T! what i wrote, was a possibility for an unexplained thing LIKE I JUST SAID AND LIKE YOU JUST QUOTED!!!!!!!!!!! HOW IS THAT HATING PEOPLE!?!??!?! ITS NOT!!!!! compassion... um, what instance of mine are you referring to? I don't think of myself as superior to anybody. I have sinned like everyone else and am guilty of the same penalty. The only difference is that I have accepted Christ as my saviour whereas other people haven't, but that difference doesn't mean that i now am hating the people who don't believe in Jesus Christ as their saviour. It means, if anything, that I am trying to reach out to others and offer Christ to them too. o yeah, and by the way, I DON'T HATE ANYBODY!

"Women should be silent in the churches, for they are not permitted to speak, but should be submissive, as the law also says." (1 Corinthians 14:34)

"I do not permit a woman to teach or to have authority over a man; she must be silent."

Or she. "

And no ****,learn more about modern Satanism before making such ignorant claims.

Never a smart idea to let a work of fiction rule your life.

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

Or she. "

Those were letters written by Paul, not Jesus, for cryin out loud.

The Psalms were speaking figuratively, as he was referring to Babylon the country in the verse, not actual people.

As for Satanism, you said:

Christianity has more crimes under it's golden robe than Satanism ever will.

If you didn't mean what I thought, then I apologize.

But I suggest you do the studying, since YOUR knowledge seems to be lacking. As I've said, true Satanism recognizes the existance of Satan, otherwise it is just a belief with Satanic philosophies. :mellow:

As for the Exodus verse, God was giving instructions to his people when they were in the desert and had to abide by more rigid standards. It was how they were to deal at the time with those around them who were hostile. It does not apply to the followers of religion in general. Also, keep in mind, times change. That was a time when God's people were still surrounded with hostility on all sides, and it was quite dangerous for them to let their enemies live.

Edited by Mothman

But I suggest you do the studying, since YOUR knowledge seems to be lacking.  As I've said, true Satanism recognizes the existance of Satanism, otherwise it is just a belief with Satanic philosophies.  :mellow:

I think you mean true satanism recognises the existence of satan.

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

Those were letters written by Paul, not Jesus, for cryin out loud. 

The Psalms were speaking figuratively, as he was referring to Babylon the country in the verse, not actual people. 

Nothing was actually written by Jesus. And how can you possibly be sure what's intended to be figurative and what's intended to be literal?

It means, if anything, that I am trying to reach out to others and offer Christ to them too. o yeah, and by the way, I DON'T HATE ANYBODY!

What if we don't want him? I'm still not getting why evangelicals get to incessantly preach to us infidels. Other than the whole free speech thing.

In the 24th page of this thread, i wrote that Julianw had a good viewpoint about this subject:

Think about your friend who wouldn't give up until you actually went to see the movie with him and how enthusiastic he was about this; and that's just over a film. This is about the question. The ultimate question. The answer to life, universe and everything. He wouldn't be much of a friend if he ever gives up on persuading you about that (unless you persuade him to see things through your point of view first).

I consider that to be a really mature viewpoint, i.e. it is looking at the motives behind the actions. I have heard some people ask other Christians who don't do much to evanglalise,"if you think everyone without Jesus is going to hell, and you are just sitting here doing nothing about it, it's the same as if you sat at a bus stop watching people walk into the middle of the road to get hit by the bus and you aren't doing anything to stop them." Looking at it that way, a non-Christian looking to find flaws with Christians would have extra proof to use for saying Christians are hypocrites, just because the Christians aren't evangalising.

Edited by Blank

Do you doubt the existence of Socrates? He didn't write anything either.

I've actually met some modern day Satanists. I thought it was a joke or something until I sat down and had a discussion with one. That's story for a another thread. I'm just trying to make sure I don't get another thread deleted by our less than judicious mod team.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

Do you doubt the existence of Socrates?  He didn't write anything either.

I've actually met some modern day Satanists.  I thought it was a joke or something until I sat down and had a discussion with one.  That's story for a another thread.  I'm just trying to make sure I don't get another thread deleted by our less than judicious mod team.

Nope. On the other hand, I don't trust those who have put words in his mouth to have gotten them exactly right. I don't know why anyone would.

Edit: What thread got deleted?

Edited by Commissar

Socrates might not have existed. I won't put up a fight, i have no problem doubting his existence. thats where many of us differ.

Since no one is going around "trying to make the world a better place" in Socrates name, not really that important is it.

In the case of science , it dosnt matter if the person existed or not since you can repeat the relevent experients anyway.

Newton could be fiction, but an apple would still fall on your head if you sat under a tree at the right time.

On the other hand , remove the divine from the bible and it will collapse like a cheap house of cards.

478327[/snapback]

And let's not forget, Jesus also said - "Let he who be without sin cast the first stone." :mellow: BTW Shadowpaladin, unfortunately, not all the Bible agrees with science. That's where we have to make the leap of faith. View it as a work of fiction if you want to, but don't be disrespectful about it, which is what you were being.

Someone kill this thread already.

Edited by Mothman

And let's not forget, Jesus also said - "Let he who be without sin cast the first stone."  :mellow: 

Someone kill this thread already.

I think all biblical references of that nature should be prefixed with allegedly. Or might have.

478327[/snapback]

In the 24th page of this thread, i wrote that Julianw had a good viewpoint about this subject:

No. What gives you the right to tell me how to live my life? I want a serious answer.

Was I telling you how to live your life? no. I never said,"You need to live your life this way..." I did petition to you to accept what i believe to be your eternal salvation. If you were at an airport, and a person came up to you and said,"i really think you should check where your luggage is right now, because i believe i saw it get knocked off of the converyor belt." I am saying the same thing to you, except we are not in an airport, and instead of luggage we are talking about your soul.