Star Wars Fan Art

Have you done concept work for some games? I'm sure I've seen a style very reminiscent of yours somewhere.

Anyway; this is just a peeve, but I think that robe completely ruined the pic. Yes, I just basically wrote that mostly your pic is bad. Do please keep reading this, I'll come to a point somewhere on the way. What I mean is that you could have chosen a different robe to picture, like the concept robe where Bas was originally supposed to be introduced. Now it's just a great head in a bland leather half-vest. Funky, but pales in comparison to its counterparts.

But the head is marvelous. :-

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

I was so going to mention something obvious, but I'd rather leave that for the fan hordes looming over this topic. Let's just say there are two things. :">

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

Hi all!

Cool stuff....Sentry is such a tease! I think he forgot about me!

Sorry, I've just got a lot to do at the moment... :*

I have been out camping in the wilderness of easter Washington for the last 4 days and I never got around to doing any drawing as I wanted to.

Lord Satasn, here is your Dark Lord you were asking for. It took a couple of tries, but here it is. I am waiting to see the whole body picture finished by Sentry, but here is a closeup of him removing the hood on his cloak. . . .

lordsatasnbw0tw.th.jpg

Sweet :*

Anywho, I abandoned my last Lord Satasn attempt because I lost interest in it. I have a much more dark and dynamic concept in the works now. I just have to sit down and draw it...

post-5816-1124259199_thumb.jpg

PS:

Kor - as always, your stuff is always great :*

Keep up the great work!

Haha hey man it's all good! ! ! I didn't expect you to devote your life to it! We've all got stuff to do, I understand completely. How was the camping? I haven't done that **** in forever! Last time I did it was with my best friend and three girls, and lots of beer, and well...a good time heh.

I like that Lord Satasn alot sentry, if I say so, I think it's your best one! The darker edge helps, and I think I can see what you're aiming for. Who is that running away? in the background? Or is it someone floating? And I like your style, it works out well....I'd say Sentrys version is Lord Satasn around the time when he first embraces the darkside, as a youth (possibly 20ish) and he plots to kill his SIth Master to take over for himself, as he has already killed off the last of the Jedi at this point. It has a youthful spirit to it. Great. And Harrys is an older, Ruler of the galxy, he has been the Dark Lord of the Sith for awhile now.

Oh, btw Sentry, don't think I got impatient with you either, I requested Harrys work because he said he is experienced with Portraits, and I needed a portrait of My Sith Lord, as well as a full body action shot.

Thanks to both of u guys for helping me, I think everyone else here enjoys the Evil you have gathered up in your art! :*:*:*

I'm terrible at drawing and Photoshop.

"But [ahem] due to 'budget cuts' at Lucas Arts, we have accepted a sponsership with the Knights of the Old Republic series."

productplacement.jpg

God, that is terrible... :*

signature2.jpg

Fanfics:

KotOR II: After the Credits Rolled: Read

Force Sight: Read

Other:

Gaming Blog: Read

Last time I did it was with my best friend and three girls, and lots of beer, and well...a good time heh...

Woo! We got a party animal right here! Party on, Satasn!

Anyway, great start Sentry! I think the finished product will look excellent. :*

Oh and Harry... (w00t) :* (w00t) :* :D :* let's see...and one of these guys :* . Yup, that should do it. I love the Bastila, man. You've made my day! But i sorta agree with Muso, that the robe just doesn't feel right in the pic. But whatever. You don't have to listen to me. The face is fantastic! :*

Spock- Well I guess it's true. Red Bull really does give you wings!

1169782506.gif

Seriously, only like, three people can touch my body

I think your pic looks great the way it is Harry. The robe kind of has a neat retro look going, plus its damn close to what she wears anyway. Don't give in to peer pressure, man!!

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

What pressure? The picture is already done. There's no expectations.

kirottu said:

I think it looks stunning Harry - though I'm afraid I'm slightly confused by all the talk about Robes. :*

I'm also feeling a bit nervous becaues I'm currently working on a picture of Bastilla in a concept art-esque robe. Oh erm :*

At least I can say nice one Darth Spock, and neat pic the dude :*

Awesome work everyone!! (w00t)

All of it is simply amazing i love it :p

HarrySorne, I love your Bastila pic, it is fantastic!! (w00t) The....the.."collarbones" are particularly nice on the pic too!! :) love it :p

Another awesome Lord Satasn again Sentry :o, although i also get that same problem, where in the middle of a pic i just lose interest :), it is quite frustrating, so i have a lot of unfinished arts in my room :).

Keep the art up everyone!!

Edited by petay12

Anyway; this is just a peeve, but I think that robe completely ruined the pic. Yes, I just basically wrote that mostly your pic is bad. Do please keep reading this, I'll come to a point somewhere on the way. What I mean is that you could have chosen a different robe to picture, like the concept robe where Bas was originally supposed to be introduced. Now it's just a great head in a bland leather half-vest. Funky, but pales in comparison to its counterparts.

I was so going to mention something obvious, but I'd rather leave that for the fan hordes looming over this topic. Let's just say there are two things.  :">

Musopticon? - Thanks for the comments/critiques. Believe me, I [rpbbably have a whole lot harsher things to say about my drawings than you do, I would imagine. About the robes, Bastila can wear a variety of outfits in the game, but I thought these were her base clothes, the ones that she is pictured in while fighting Revan? I wanted to picture her in these, regardless of overall aesthetics of the outfit, simply because I was going for the "standard" Bastila look.

From my perspective, there are a number of things that need to be corrected before I would feel comfortable calling the picture finished, but I am curious what else you think is obvious that you did not want to metnion in your last post? I am always open to hear critiques about my artwork.

And no, I have never done any game concept stuff. This is all just for fun. :-

petay - Yes, her, how did you say? "collarbones"? yes, they are perhaps larger than what the game depicts, but it was a choice that was made. o:) I am glad you like.

zulu86 - I am looking forward to seeing your Bastila in her concept-art-esque outfit :wub:

I was so going to mention something obvious, but I'd rather leave that for the fan hordes looming over this topic. Let's just say there are two things.  :">

Musopticon? - Thanks for the comments/critiques. Believe me, I [rpbbably have a whole lot harsher things to say about my drawings than you do, I would imagine. About the robes, Bastila can wear a variety of outfits in the game, but I thought these were her base clothes, the ones that she is pictured in while fighting Revan? I wanted to picture her in these, regardless of overall aesthetics of the outfit, simply because I was going for the "standard" Bastila look.

From my perspective, there are a number of things that need to be corrected before I would feel comfortable calling the picture finished, but I am curious what else you think is obvious that you did not want to metnion in your last post? I am always open to hear critiques about my artwork.

And no, I have never done any game concept stuff. This is all just for fun. :)

Ah, an artist who can take criticism. So rare these days. :p

I understand an artist himself is the harshest critic, that's why I don't see fit to bicker about the details. You'll probably do that plenty enough yourself. But feel proud, it's not very often one can see such skill. I'm curious what materials did you use to make that picture?

About the obvious things; that was a joke. Which seems to be lost. Forget it. :">

kirottu said:

Here are some pics of Bastilla's robes:

post-5816-1124339979_thumb.jpgpost-5816-1124340150_thumb.jpg

The detailing of Harry's painting is nearly perfect... Whats the big deal? Or do you just not like the outfit in general?

The only comments I have are:

1) the shading of the right hip is a tad off.

2) she seems to have a really small ribcage :lol:

But, as you said, its not finished yet...

Anyway, I love it ;):) Tis a great digital painting.

Musta taken forever to do... ;)

PS: thanx for the comments Harry, Petay, LordSatasn!

The last pic I uploaded was actually just an idle doodle. I don't plan to use it except as a reference...

Zulu! Don't be so hard on yourself. :huh: I have a hard time with setting up a well composed drawing. I will draw a figure but will usually not put that figure in a setting. Which brings me to your drawing - Clearly, its Bastila with a determined expression on her face, the wind is whipping her clothes around, a torrential downpour is taking place. . . . the drawing shows a lot of emotion, Zulu. It tells a story. Look at Aimo's stuff - she is always telling a story with her pictures (its a force power, I 've determined). And with this last picture you have done the same. :)

On a more general note to everyone who has been perusing this thread: since there has been some discussion about Bastila's attire, what was your favorite outfit to dress Bastila in? What made her look her best? Just asking for ideas for future pictures. :)

nice pic :huh:

i like the lighting, you've done it really well

as for bastila's outfit, i've never seen any of the concept stuff, but those robes look pretty groovy

when your mind works against you - fight back with substance abuse!

On a more general note to everyone who has been perusing this thread: since there has been some discussion about Bastila's attire, what was your favorite outfit to dress Bastila in? What made her look her best? Just asking for ideas for future pictures. :(

I actually liked Bastila's normal clothes (what Sentry showed us). I don't know what Mus was trying to say, but you did draw her clothes pretty accurately, I think. That said, I think she also looks good in standard Jedi robes also, but not in battle armor.

^^This man has the right attitude.

kirottu said: