Revenge of the Sith

The Starwars prequels are plagued by bad casting save for one Natalie Portman and even then her character is so terribly drawn out that her act is not as convincing as she is capable of.

Actually, the casting is quite good for the most part - it's just the acting that is bad. :p

manthing2.jpg

No, I am judging the quality of the prequels on their own merits in comparison to contemporary movies such as the Lord of the Rings series, Blade series, Titan A.E., Fifth Element, and the such the prequels sucked.

You can't expect to be taken seriously when you compare it to Blade or Titan A.E.. Fifth Element wasn't so bad, but it still doesn't compare to the SW feel.

Come on, Planet "Bob"? :p

Oh, and I remember hearing you say "KotOR 2 will suck because this and that..." :))

Your hater credibility < 0.

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

Some of that trailer made me think....

I'm sure this has been discussed amongst people before, but when Obi Wan says "you were the chosen one!" in the trailer, it made me think this over. ... was Anakin ever REALLY the chosen jedi? I think he's really more of a red herring than anything else. The chosen one is the one who brought "balance to the force"... and I have the stubborn belief that it was Luke who was chosen, not Anakin. Anakin may be way more powerful, but he fell so damn easily to the dark side, and would never have risen against Palpatine in ROTJ if it wasn't for Luke getting through to him. Luke had also been tempted by the dark side but refused it, and it was clear from the beginnings of his training that he had a stronger will than Anakin.

I have a feeling the council had it completely wrong thinking Anakin was the one (well obviously they paid for that mistake, but still), and it would be interesting if, at the end of Episode III, they allude to the fact that the REAL person who'll bring balance to the force is still to come.

I dunno if this has been answered but here goes nothing:

The Chosen One prophecy said that 'He would bring balance to the force'.

Did it state what side of the force was underbalanced?

It seems to me that the Lightside of the force was overbalanced at the time of the preludes. It only seems fitting that if he were to bring balance it would be to the darkside :devil:

I downloaded off Kazaa, played through it and fast

you use kazaa? how idiotic...everyone knows kazaa contains more than its weight in spywarenot to mention other crap that will utterly destroy your PC.

oh and to get back on topic : im not really a SW fan but i will probably watch it atmycousins house who will undoubtedly have in her posession an illegal copy of ep3.

I think the biggest thing this film has going for it is the darker, more adult theme.

Most of the original SW fans... Myself included... Are in fact in our 30s and 40s now. We are adults and want adult stories. Episode I and II just aren't those stories.

On the same token, the biggest thing III has going against it is the stink of I and II.

Even die-hard SW fans are now weary of what Lucas has cooked up because of how bad I and II really are (in terms of just stand-alone stories and part of a larger saga).

So, it will be interesting to see how well this film is recieved from SW fans who were burned with I and II as well as how the general, non-SW movie going public reacts as well. Critics will probably pan it... They did the first two and rightfully so... But this time, I am going to take whatever they say with a grain of salt even more than I did with the first two because I think what will happen is there will be those who jump on the "let's bash Episode III bandwagon because it makes us "cool" camp", there will be those who are indifferent, and there will of course be the fanboys/girls who think anything GL creates is pure gold (like I and II).

I'm going to go into it with a neutral stance (as I do with most movies regardless), but moreso with this one because at this point, I *am* a little skeptical given how marketing loves to hype movies like this into things they aren't and were never meant to be to a lot of extent as well.

Exactly as someone put it, the fanboys are going to praise it NO MATTER WHAT...and the skeptics are going to TRASH IT NO MATTER WHAT.....personally I'm not a big fan at all of the first two movies, and I didn't like the fast fancy saber combat, I thought the old movie style was better, more civilsed, but in any sense, I'm giving episode 3 the benifit of the doubt....mainly because there isn't any "new" idea from the prequels that is brought to it, it's basically tying everything from the first to and the old movies together.....no stupid new characters like jar jar, no more cheesy love stories....its Palpatine (the emperor) and Anakin (darth vader) rising to their power that is shown in the OT.

Anyone who always wondered why they were so powerful and feared and how the jedi became nearly extinct is about to find out in THIS MOVIE! This movie is a TRAGEDY, and the only Star Wars movie that is going to show and HONOR the POWER of the DaRKSIDE.

Fanboys will praise it as thebest star wars movie ever, it may very well be the best, as well....and the haters will soften up.

I didn't like the fast fancy saber combat, I thought the old movie style was better, more civilsed

So, how exactly you want combat to be civilized? :huh:

Nothing wrong with liking the old style saber fights better, but civilized combat is like dry water.

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

Bah, sure the trailer has its "oomph" feel to it. When i saw the EP 1-trailer for the first time (Darth Maul, doublebladed lightsaber, Obi wan + the Duel of Fates in the background), i was blown away. Then.......then Jar-Jar and the midichlorians came in.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

oh ok.....so where did you get this clean version? it sounds interesting....

Its Kazaa Lite and you could do a google search for it. The people who made it had to put the primary site due to legal reasons with Kazaa originators but I think there is still places you can download it from.

if kazaa is faster than limewire (which i currently have) then im definitely downloading it....i have been downloading fantasia for a week now.

i think that episode 3 will actually be GOOD this time because we know the main characters now, and if you were a big enough fool to get hyperspace(me...sadly) then you should kno that the acting is much better this time and that the actors get more freedom with what their lines are... i think hayden and natalie coulda done wonders with that "confession" scene in episode 2...my god i was embarrassed...like people really say that ****!? huh?! anyway i always digged the faster saber duels, i just think that it comes with the property..u kno the jedi are extremely powerful, they have more knowledge than in ROTJ and ESB so they should be able to fight like a drunk pissed off irish man in a pool of midgets. The trailer kicks ass, and the movie should be good because the actors are all used to green screen and stuff. Just kill Jar-Jar, like have anakin choke em, or stab him and he falls off a rail or somethin. Or sids does whips up some lightning and frys him.