Revenge of the Sith

I for one don't know why people bash the Prequels as trash. Outside of stupid Jar Jar; I think they are just as good as the original. The problems with the originals is that they contain memories of epopel's childhoos. You know, when people were a good 15-20 years younger. I think the prequels have been as good as the originals; by far.

As for the trailer, WOWSERS! If the movie holds up like that, this might be the first SW movies that will warrant a place on my favorite movie list of all time.

Good stuff. :thumbsup:

I'm going to have to disagree with this. Not even counting Jar Jar, the prequels aren't as good as the first three.

The Phantom Menace had too much of a "Jesus Complex" around it, with the prophecy and the immaculate conception, and metaclorians are simply a stupid idea. The Force was better as purse mysticism/religion. The other elements of the movie were alright to a certain degree, but nothing special, and the race was lackluster -- I certain enjoyed The Empire Strikes Back and Return of the Jedi much more. The only thing that made this movie mediocre was Liem Neeson, and my high opinion of his acting probably modified my opinion of the movie away from the objective. IMO, the only reason this made it into the theaters is because it had Star Wars slapped on the front of it.

Attack of the Clones was about as inspired as a James Bond movie, and the actor playing Anaking was not very good. He was a preatty face who came off as spoiled more than conflicted, not to mention the almost chalky romance -- it felt rehersed, forced to a degree, like the average Tom Cruise performance, but worse, something quite damning for a movie that spends most of its time exploring emotions (those between Amidala and Anakin, and the precursors of Anakin's fall). The only saving grace of the movie was the final battle scene, particularly with Yoda. Overall, it was saved by its franchise more than anything else.

Although I enjoyed Eps I & II, there were certain things that bothered me.

1: The whole 'midichlorian' thing.

2: The over-reliance on bad CGI.

3: The slightly stodgy scripting

4: The under-developed relationship between Anakin and Padme. She goes from being creeped out by his weirdness to suddenly declaring her love for him.

5: Jar Jar Binks

I have great hopes that Episode III will be amazing, though.

Please....what....so they didn't make out?  And they aren't brother and sister?  You telling me I saw that wrong?  Step down

No, you didn't saw wrong. You interpreted wrong. While SW has been declared to draw from certain classic elements, its similarities to a greek tragedy are only in your mind.

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

and metaclorians are simply a stupid idea. The Force was better as purse mysticism/religion.

I thought it's pretty dumb, but then just few days ago stumbled across this article. It's long, but surprisingly makes enough sense to actually make me like the concept now...

actually i was going to draft an essay on those guild seals in fable.

then how the ebon hawk is bigger inside than it is outside.

and just how many plot holes are in the harry potter books? i will probably post it in the other forum where spam is allowed.

And then write an essay on your guesses as to what the reasons are for you still being a virgin....

good idea..here are my notes so far :

im a f---ing 13 year old so im a bit young to have sex dumbf--k

Please....what....so they didn't make out?  And they aren't brother and sister?  You telling me I saw that wrong?  Step down

No, you didn't saw wrong. You interpreted wrong. While SW has been declared to draw from certain classic elements, its similarities to a greek tragedy are only in your mind.

The Greek Tragedy was a joke man aha

But I'm pretty sure Lucas got alot of ideas from that old guy who wrote alot of mythology...I forget his name.....lucas consulted and changed alot of the OT from that guys opinion, he died before lucas made the new ones and many think that's what is missing from them tho...and Lucas has alot of religious ideas in his work as well.....he got the midichlorian Idea and conception of Anakin thru the force from Jesus type stuff....anyone who disagrees is in denial or anti-christian....lol....and he said on 60 minutes last night that Star Wars Episode 3 ends in Hell....that's what that planet symbolises with the lava and etc.

ANakin makes a pact with the Devil....

Haha

hey man it was 14 for me

I'm 19 now

Didn't like Star wars back then tho...hah...so good luck with that

im 14 in about 21 days (give or take 1) so maybe i will do it then =\

just saw the trailer btw on starwars.com (had to sign up just to see it) and it looks ok.....the ep 2 trailer looked great even if the film wasnt as good ;)

they only showed count dooku (christopher lee) in a fraction of a frame o.O does that mean he dies fairly early in the movie?

that duel between sidious and yoda in that big room full of floating platforms looks like fun :D

Dooku is beheaded by Anakin in the first ten minutes of the movie....

My compliments go out to Anakin's 'scissor-saber' beheading innovation. ^_^

Most definitley!

I'm so glad he isn't the teeny bopping bastard from attack of the clones...he kinda reminds me of Jim Morrison now haha except not as evil as Jim...HAHA

What I don't understand is how George Lucas turned Natalie Portman from a great actress into an actress whose lines I cringe at whenever she speaks her lines in the first two movies.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

What I don't understand is how George Lucas turned Natalie Portman from a great actress into an actress whose lines I cringe at whenever she speaks her lines in the first two movies.

I know, I know - but even Lucas couldn't stop Jules "the Shaft" Windu from being a bad ass motherfu*ker! :cool:

manthing2.jpg

beheaded? that doesnt seem very star warsy....u sure he isnt just stabbed? dooku was the best villain ever :wub: (aside from his name)

oh actually palpatine is the best....what i would like to know is how the jedi counsel find out that

palpatine

is the dark lord of the sith.

Dooku was a weak Villain lol....but he wasn't retarded. He was smart, to an extent and not truly evil....but not smart enough because he trusts Palpatine....

Read Labrythn of Evil, it talks about them closing in On Sidious and etc.

and yes....dooku is beheaded like a little FOOL! Not Star Warsy? Jango was beheaded......was that not in Star Wars Episode 2?

my instant messanger is ladiesman198504 if anyone wants to see the pic....

Dooku was a weak Villain lol....but he wasn't retarded.  He was smart, to an extent and not truly evil....but not smart enough because he trusts Palpatine....

and yes....dooku is beheaded like a little FOOL!  Not Star Warsy?  Jango was beheaded......was that not in Star Wars Episode 2?

Actually Dooku is supposed to be quite a badass. Perhaps not a match for Yoda, but he would be able to deal with most of the best Jedi masters, as in fact he proved. AND he was intelligent and a good political conspirator, something that apart from Sidious, no other Sith was. I actually liked him quite a bit.

And Jango wasn't beheaded. His armor was... the effect is different. It's not like you saw his head rolling out of the helmet. I'll believe Dooku's beheading when I see it.

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

Dooku was a weak Villain lol....but he wasn't retarded.  He was smart, to an extent and not truly evil....but not smart enough because he trusts Palpatine....

and yes....dooku is beheaded like a little FOOL!  Not Star Warsy?  Jango was beheaded......was that not in Star Wars Episode 2?

Actually Dooku is supposed to be quite a badass. Perhaps not a match for Yoda, but he would be able to deal with most of the best Jedi masters, as in fact he proved. AND he was intelligent and a good political conspirator, something that apart from Sidious, no other Sith was. I actually liked him quite a bit.

And Jango wasn't beheaded. His armor was... the effect is different. It's not like you saw his head rolling out of the helmet. I'll believe Dooku's beheading when I see it.

Yeah, Dooku is supposed to be a badass.....he's one of the best swordsmen of the Jedi.....except for Mace and Yoda, and soon enough...Anakin....

Doesn't make him an Awesome villain...he's actually not very evil at all, he just doesn't agree with the Jedi....

And...Believe it....

http://img104.exs.cx/my.php?loc=img104&ima...uanakin54gh.jpg

http://img104.exs.cx/my.php?loc=img104&ima...sanakin26iw.jpg

http://img104.exs.cx/my.php?loc=img104&ima...vsanakin1im.jpg

http://img104.exs.cx/my.php?loc=img104&ima...sanakin42dv.jpg

http://img104.exs.cx/my.php?loc=img104&ima...sanakin36wo.jpg

http://img104.exs.cx/img104/8522/dookudeath7qa.jpg