Revenge of the Sith

I for one don't know why people bash the Prequels as trash. Outside of stupid Jar Jar; I think they are just as good as the original. The problems with the originals is that they contain memories of epopel's childhoos. You know, when people were a good 15-20 years younger. I think the prequels have been as good as the originals; by far.

As for the trailer, WOWSERS! If the movie holds up like that, this might be the first SW movies that will warrant a place on my favorite movie list of all time.

Good stuff. :luck:

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

i havent seen the OT :devil: maybe i will download it when i have gotten all the disney films.

but i do know what happens in it..only a little though ...i know that vader is evil and palpatine lives in his death star and they blow something up and the rebels are good and their leader is princess leia and luke finds obi-wan and yoda and he becomes a jedi and then vader is his dad and luke starts crying then palpy lightnings vader and vader throws him off a ''cliff''.

and then the death star is blown up and everyone is happy.

I for one don't know why people bash the Prequels as trash. Outside of stupid Jar Jar; I think they are just as good as the original. The problems with the originals is that they contain memories of epopel's childhoos. You know, when people were a good 15-20 years younger. I think the prequels have been as good as the originals; by far.

As for the trailer, WOWSERS! If the movie holds up like that, this might be the first SW movies that will warrant a place on my favorite movie list of all time.

Good stuff. :devil:

While I disagree with the concept of 'prequels' on the whole, these Star Wars prequels aren't bad overall (except for the policital yadda yadda yadda in Ep. I). But Volo, in Episode II - the acting, oh the acting... >_<

manthing2.jpg

"Volo, in Episode II - the acting, oh the acting..."

There are maybe 2 scenes in E2 where I would say the acting was poor in comparison to most movies. Other than the, acting while not Oscar worthy isn't that bad.

There are maybe 2 scenes  in E2 where I would say the acting was poor in comparison to most movies. Other than the, acting while not Oscar worthy isn't that bad.

I think you're assessment is absolutely right... Mark Hamil and Carrie Fisher really were no better than Hayden Christiansen and Natalie Portman, but people were a lot younger and the culture was significantly less cynical about epic adventure movies. It should also be noted that the scripts for the OT were pretty stinkin bad as well. The appeal of Star Wars movies was never the well written dialogue.

Harrison Ford told Lucas "You can write this s*#!, but you sure can't say it!" But now in our culture you're so much smarter and cooler if you hate stuff and we care a lot more about subtlety and we're quite cynical when it comes to our movies.

Back then, George Lucas was doing something that really hadn't been done before, now it's been done a million times over. I don't think George has gotten any worse, people just grew up, unfortunately.

As for me though, I enjoyed and still enjoy the prequels thoroughly because they have the same spirit and grandeur of the first movies, and they deal with the same archetypal human themes.

There are maybe 2 scenes  in E2 where I would say the acting was poor in comparison to most movies. Other than the, acting while not Oscar worthy isn't that bad.

I think you're assessment is absolutely right... Mark Hamil and Carrie Fisher really were no better than Hayden Christiansen and Natalie Portman, but people were a lot younger and the culture was significantly less cynical about epic adventure movies. It should also be noted that the scripts for the OT were pretty stinkin bad as well. The appeal of Star Wars movies was never the well written dialogue.

Harrison Ford told Lucas "You can write this s*#!, but you sure can't say it!" But now in our culture you're so much smarter and cooler if you hate stuff and we care a lot more about subtlety and we're quite cynical when it comes to our movies.

Back then, George Lucas was doing something that really hadn't been done before, now it's been done a million times over. I don't think George has gotten any worse, people just grew up, unfortunately.

As for me though, I enjoyed and still enjoy the prequels thoroughly because they have the same spirit and grandeur of the first movies, and they deal with the same archetypal human themes.

I agree with you :-

It's a shame, though. The prequels aren't awful, in my opinion. I really enjoyed Episode I, but not so much as Episode II. Reasons as to why, was because I had somehow managed to get a drafted copy of the script, and heard so many spoilers, that I ended up not liking it as much. I think Revenge of the Sith is going to be great :p

"As for me though, I enjoyed and still enjoy the prequels thoroughly because they have the same spirit and grandeur of the first movies, and they deal with the same archetypal human themes."

Exactly. That's why I enjoy them and I'm not a big SW fan. :-

Bingo.

I like SW because no other movie has the same feel to it. Perhaps it's the overly simplified morals, the "magic" that is the Force, or whatever, but that's it for me. But then again I'm a shameless SW fanboy so...

Oh, and lightsabers... :-"

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

lightsabers are just weird..are they blades of energy that repel anything they come into contact with? or are they super focused batons of light which cut anything they come into contact with.

either way if two lightsabers were to clash then they would either stick to together or they would be repelled to such an extent that they cant touch eachother....or they would just stop working.

and dont get me started on what would happen if an lightsaber blade encountered a blaster bolt....

Lightsabers are like having a blaster beam, that stationary.

It can burn through things as a blaster shot could, but will be repelled by some (IE: Cortorsis Weave).

At least that's the way I see it. Although the most interesting thing about lightsabers is that they have no weight to speak of in the blade. That is, the way that they are being handled in the movies seem to be innacurate, as they would have no weight on them for chopping actions and the such.

What the fighting SHOULD more closely resemble is Tai-Chi sword. Where most of the weight in all Tai-Chi swords is in the handle.

I do think GL got lazy. He doesn't have to work as hard as he did with the first three movies.

What made the first three SW great was the special effects which I think looked better then the ones he using now. GL had more passion then money back then which helped. The acting or the writing is Horrible in the new movies. Though I think Ewan McGregor nail Obi.

I have to say the script is wat hurting the film the most. The problem was Padm

lightsabers are just weird..are they blades of energy that repel anything they come into contact with? or are they super focused batons of light which cut anything they come into contact with.

either way if two lightsabers were to clash then they would either stick to together or they would be repelled to such an extent that they cant touch eachother....or they would just stop working.

and dont get me started on what would happen if an lightsaber blade encountered a blaster bolt....

Why thank you for such an insightful explanation of a non-existing, fictional technology, your eminence.

I'm looking forward to your next works on hyperdrive theory and repulsorlift engines.

:rolleyes:

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

actually i was going to draft an essay on those guild seals in fable.

then how the ebon hawk is bigger inside than it is outside.

and just how many plot holes are in the harry potter books? i will probably post it in the other forum where spam is allowed.

actually i was going to draft an essay on those guild seals in fable.

then how the ebon hawk is bigger inside than it is outside.

and just how many plot holes are in the harry potter books? i will probably post it in the other forum where spam is allowed.

And then write an essay on your guesses as to what the reasons are for you still being a virgin....

and whoever said something about han solo flirting but not being the focus...thats right, because Luke was the focus of the original star wars movies....obi wan sending luke on a crusade with him to become a jedi, han solo was a "npc" to the PC, so to say....and in the new movies...the focus is once again about a jedi....Anakin.....but the problem lucas had was jedi dont flirt, he had to show that anakin truly loved padme, for whatever reasons, and lucas sucks at writing love stories....but for all intent purposes....he made it cheesy, oh well I've moved on....and it had to be that way, because his love for padme is 90% reason of falling to the darkside, and since the 3 prequel movies are all about anakin and his journey to the darkside, I'd say the romance of ep 2, the cheesy as **** as a young kid in ep 1 were nessessary casualties of "war" so to say haha....all for the end result victory of the war...which is EPISODE 3.....see what I'm saying?

And what dumb mother****er thinks the tech in the old movies looks better...what are you blind?

Just because they use ALOT of CGI doesn't mean it sucks....the old movies are classic, and in alot of ways...better...but dont get me started about the graphics and visual effects....they are outDATED SO MOVE ON PPL!

I have no problem with good CGI. But GL depends to much on them now. Most movies who use CGI for most of their speical effects suck.

The old movies look more real then the new movies. The whole chase sceen in the clone wars looked like crap. I've seen better and more realistic graphics in video games. Don't get me wrong the clone wars had its moments that CGI was done well the diner for one.

Simple because something cutting edge doesn't mean its better then old school. CGI is over rated IMO and most of old school isn't much better. But the old SW SE was amazing and set a stander which made Staw wars great. Today SW movies are nothing great and fall behind many of the movies come out today.

Though the fight scenes are still great.

The only reason they need anakin and padme love story is for the kids. Though it would look great if Anakin forced Padme to have sex with him. Though using mind trick to have her fall for him would have made more sense. And maybe he did. :thumbsup:

Anakin didn't fall because he loved Padme he falls because his beens told his the one and how great he'll be. But his not that great so far. he drops or loose his light saber everytime he pulls it out. Keeps getting his a$$ kicked. The one time he does allot of killing we don't get to see it. (sand people)

I have no problem with good CGI. But GL depends to much on them now. Most movies who use CGI for most of their speical effects suck.

The old movies look more real then the new movies.

Well, the old movies make you quite aware you're watching *real* plastic models and *real* fireworks. Does them being more *real* make them *better* ... no, i don't think so. Well done CGI nowadays can run circles around well done "real" effects, and in many cases will fool you into thinking you *are* watching 'real' thing.

The problem with 'most movies who use CGI' winding up looking bad is due to people in charge who have no clue how CG works treating it like magic box and expecting too much, too fast *and* too cheap. While the ol' "good, fast, cheap -- pick two" rule applies to CG just as much as it does to anything else.

The only reason they need anakin and padme love story is for the kids.

Or it could be because the end result of that love story is the focus of ep. 4-6... :p

The focus of 4-6 is those kids. :p People can have kids with out love.

Yes CGI can run circle around old effects if its done right. To bad GL didn't. :- But the best movies uses both CGI and real stuff . But some the plastic models looked better then the CGI star wars is using now.

The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen does a very good job with CGI and real items.

There really is no arguing what the focus of the movies are since Lucas says what they are...its not like he keeps that secret for us to guess.....

Episodes 1-3 are a tragedy of Anakin skywalker, and in many ways, similar to greek tragedy love storys, or shakesperian tragedies....ya dig?

except the way anakin kills himself is by turning to the darkside and trying to kill everyone he loves....

4-6 are about the redemption of Anakin thru his son luke...and hey...guess what....the greek tragedy continues here too.....luke and leia kissin? insest anyone? sounds like a greek tragedy to me!

People can have kids with out love.

Aye; doesn't mean they can't love each other in order to have them, it's generally believed to work better this way, too.... and if we get to see future Vader actually capable of loving someone rather than raping random people, it makes more sense why he'd defy his master at the very end...

And i think i misread your original comment btw, it's just at first glance it seemed like one of these "omg GL is putting pointless crap no one needs in these movies now for the (childish) target audience's sake" complaint ^_^

I've enjoyed the movies and all movies have there faults. But I had standers for GL and star wars. Reason he was SE master at one time. He lead the pack and took years before people caught up. Now his somewhere in the middle. Thats why people are disappointed with the new movies. :-

But after thinking I realize why Padme falls for Anakin. Jedi Mind trick :lol: . Anakin just creepy in the movies always staring and undressing Padme. She always gave him dirty looks through clone wars. The old movies didn't require the actors and the dialogue to pull the movie through like the new movies do. Anakin and Padme don't click at all. I still like Obi. But I like Ewan McGregor since Trainspotting.

There is reason why the first three movies where not made until the 90s.

see what I'm saying?

No.

The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen does a very good job with CGI and real items.

Yeah, too bad the movie itself sucked donkey balls.

the greek tragedy continues here too.....luke and leia kissin?  insest anyone?  sounds like a greek tragedy to me!

Please...