Revenge of the Sith

oh, great. they've reduced palpatine to a cackling fool. a hysteric and borderline insane character with his characteristic "evil" laughter....

Why should he be different in Ep 3 than in Ep. 6? That's what he's really like.

Exactly. Just watch while he uses Force Lightning on Luke in ROTJ and you can see the same mannerisms in his face. He may act cool and manipulative at times, but underneath it all he's hysterically evil.

oh, great. they've reduced palpatine to a cackling fool. a hysteric and borderline insane character with his characteristic "evil" laughter....

He might be cackling with glee, but he's no fool. And for what's worth, i played that part just to hear that laughter again and again. This is first "villain" to me ever that actually manages to pull a cliche stunt like that off and not break the character.

(that and the "are you threatening me" part... terrific)

Interesting similarity to the episode 6 in the scene of Anakin ahem, replacing... count Dooku as the new apprentice... :s

Why should he be different in Ep 3 than in Ep. 6? That's what he's really like.

yeah and i think that was a mistake as well. i just hoped it was a "spur of the moment" for the emperor. a single moment of weakness and "insanity", but now it's pretty much confirmed that palpatine is a cackling fool. it's pretty obvious that this is how he's really like, but it doesn't mean i have to like it... ;)

still, i guess i'll have to wait and see. i won't get my hopes up though...

"Are you threatening me, Master Jedi?"

Edit: Damn. So I guess THAT'S the power of the True Sith.  No one can stand against even one of them.  Including five or six Jedi Masters.

i won't say anything, but are you sure that this is what happens...? ;);) :D

i don't know many spoilers, but i've heard a rumour about this scene. :)

Well, at least his laughter isn't Malak's. ;)"

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

Okay, um . . . I saw the teaser and that seems to be different from what all you guys are talking about . . . and that link posted is only audio . . . so I wanna see it o_o

And I don't think I'm gonna bother commenting on that whole nature/dark side thing or else I'll get too pissy . . .

Er, any reason why the link doesn't work for me?

Yeah, supposedly what happens with Sidious...considering all the other spoilers are true...is this......

SPOLIERS!!!!!

.......BIG ASS SPOILERS NOW I DONT WANT TO HEAR ANY WHINING!!!!!!!.....

ok so Sidious kills all the jedi that came with MAce in a easy second, but then him and mace fight for awhile, and mace is actually supposed to have the upper hand when ANAKIN comes in......and sidious asks for his help, and anakin is actually about to help Mace when Sidious tells him that the story about Plageuis is real, and it was his former master, and he killed him, and he can teach anakin about the power but needs help, and says the jedi are corrupt....and anakin stabs mace in the back at the last minute.......

that's how that goes down....but Yoda and Sidious is supposed to be about even, but Sidious eventually beats him.....yoda gets too overwhelmed........

I'm glad to see such response to this thread I made, I'm glad there are alot of Star Wars movie fans, not just gamers...because I hate posting on starwars.com haha and I wanted to hear ppl's feedback from the trailer....

oh and btw Sidious cackles but he's no fool, and actually the way he pulls it off is fine. I know whoever posted that has their own opinion of that, but the fact is...Sidious is a GENIUS look what he's accomplished in secret for so long...u'd be cackling like that too if all ur hard work over the years unfolded exactly how u wanted and u beat the crap out of the two most powerful jedi ever! AND manipulated the CHOSEN one to the DARKSIDE!!!!!!

one thing sidious didnt realise is that Vader didnt have to be good or bad to fullfill the prophecy and Sid shouldnt have taken him as lightly as he did.......for EX. Episode 6 haha getting thrown down a pit.....poor sid....after all these years

I just watched it again.... the horror in Yoda's eyes as he's about to be struck with lighting is priceless.

(am guessing this is the moment when he fully realizes he's been played for a fool for quite a few years... :-"

The prequels sucked.  The remaking of the original trilogy sucked.  Episode 3 will suck.

Really hate to chime in with Hades, but that's probably so.

Just think, how good did you think Episode I was going to be from the trailers?

And then you saw the movie.

Of course, I'm still going to see it in theatres.

... Y'know. I have to.

Some people just can't stand anything new...

Not because of the quality, but because they have grown so attached to their idels that they won't accept it.

This movie will be great, but ... The fanboi's will come to the forums, and trash this movie so hard...

I'm not. I didn't bother going to the theatres to watch Episode 3. I didn't bother going to see Ep 2 there either. I downloaded off Kazaa, played through it and fast forward the crappy bits, and made my judgement from that. I will not be wasting any money on any Star Wars movie after EP1. Hell, I still have the OT tapes and play them when I get the urge to watch Star Wars.

No, I am judging the quality of the prequels on their own merits in comparison to contemporary movies such as the Lord of the Rings series, Blade series, Titan A.E., Fifth Element, and the such the prequels sucked.

Gah! Why did I watch that trailer?!?!? Now, when I see the movie I'll find that the trailer had all the good parts, taken out of context, and I'll be hideously let down. Just like the last two movies. Ah well, I guess I can always hope that George woke up and did something to make up for jarjar. Hope springs eternal...

Then Get off my thread Hades. You're post almost had credit. I agree the production of Star Wars prequels is weak compared to the Lord of the Rings, and the Old Star wars movies...but then u threw in the Blade series...haha...those movies are pathetic.

But the thing about Lord of the Rings, is that it was a book trilogy for 60 years before it became a movie.....they had time to figure it out....

and if they go and make Lord of the Ring prequels, like the Hobbit...chances are they'd **** it up like the New Trilogy of star wars....but the thing is...

Phantom Menace Sucked...jar jar was pathetic, pod racing was stupid, but the thing is....anakin was 9, they had to target 9 year olds.....and star wars fans.....but they barely pulled it off.....Liam Neison was the only thing that held that movie together......if it was held together...

episode 2, graphic technology of movies got better, action was better, overall no cheesy graphics like in Phantom, Less jar jar, Cheesy plot, but guess what...anakin was a teenager, and it fit well with Average Teenage cheese...act like you were never like that once in your life and you will master Darkside deception because you will believe your lies......

Episode 3......is already darker than empire strikes back, even just one scene...and we know the scenerio.....and all the spoilers so far are correct, if tehy hold true, we'll know exactly how this movie pans out....and if so...it looks very promising.....anakin is a mature jedi knight now, he won't be doing much talking with his whiny mouth because he'll be busy slaying the jedi and listening to Palp talk, and palp talks much cooler than Anakin I must say......

Episode 3 will still have the slimy feel about the prequels, but it looks closest to the feeling of the Old trilogy that is possible.....And it is Darker than anything the old trilogy ever produced, especially since it won't end happily ever after like every other star wars movie....

In conclusion I wasn't big on the prequels at all, until I realised, hey they aren't that bad compared to half the **** that we go and pay money for.......this movie is going to tie together all the loose ends and doubts from the previous two films of the new trilogy and connect it to the classics that we love. Even though it looks like they played all the good scenes from the movie...realise that the scenes are very long, because just about all of them were from duels.....and the ani/obi duel is going to be the longest duel in a movie....and besides that there aren't many other scenes in the movie, besides action, my prediciton is that there will probably be 1 cheesy scene and thats it.....and just the fact that we get to see Vader decked out in his suit...makes up for that!

So any skeptics that are left, will be put to shame when this is released, in my opinion...and hades not to burst ur bubble, but if ur not a star wars fan, the fact is u probably won't think too highly of the prequels, because Star Wars nostalgia is the main thing that makes them good....it's the only reason Lucas went and made them in the first place....so keep ur **** talk to yourself and get out of my thread if you still want to be....yourself

other than that, May the darkness Be with you, all!!!

In all seriousness, A New Hope and Empire Strikes back were the best starwars movies. Return of the Jedi was good, but the whole Ewok thing didn't sit well with me.

As for comparing EP1 and EP2 to a movie like The Fifth Element is concerned:

It is a GREAT comparison. George Lucas made his claim to fame with stunning visual effects and some great action scenes all combined with a healthy dose of imagination. Hell, the visual effects used in EP4-6 were way before their time and they STILL look good today.

The difference between a movie like The Fifth Element and Starwars EP2 is that the fifth element was just hands down better (and about a thousand times better than EP1).

Reasons? Fifth Element was made in 1994 (IIRC) and it's visual effects were better than EP2's visuals. Compare the chase scenes in both movies and tell me which one you enjoyed more.

Another reason: The Fifth Element was much more an adult movie than EP1 and EP2. The acting was also much better. EP1-3 has Natalie Portman (who is one hell of an actress) but she can't hold the movies together. (Watch Garden State if you think she is a bad actress. If you still have the same opinion after watching that movie then you are still wrong lol)

Stack Mila Jovovich, Bruce Willis, Ian Holme and Gary Oldman against Natalie Portman and there is no contest (Natalie is a better actor than all of them save Gary Oldman IMO. Samuel Jackson is a good actor but he isn't given a big enough part in the movies and his character isn't really fit for him. Jewels in pulp fiction was probably his best performance, not because he acted any better but because it meshed with his style a little more.

The Starwars prequels are plagued by bad casting save for one Natalie Portman and even then her character is so terribly drawn out that her act is not as convincing as she is capable of.

Will EP3 be the best Starwars movie ever? Who knows? The Episode 1 and 2 teasers got me all pumped up and they both let me down pretty hard. I am hoping that this movie will be a good one but I have my doubts.

One thing I do know is that this will be the last Starwars movie. I don't know if I am a little sad or just extremely relieved because of this fact.

Starwars was the movie that changed much how movies are made today. George Lucas has changed the filming industry more than anyone else I can think of. (Willow was the breakthrough to computer generated special effects FYI)

He's coming up as lacking now though. People have seen all the flashy effects they can handle and his movies aren't breakthroughs in technology anymore. He has to get by on his writing ability which I think he said himself, it sucks.