Cinema and Movie Thread: coming at you at 24fps

Raithe

Bad thing is, IIRC, they actually did practical effects for Thing 2011 but the studio required them to replace the practical effects with digital, and also cut the character development out of the film and use reshoots to clarify the narrative since the character development was gone.

• Sad 1

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

I see cat, I click. I was disappointed that this wasn't a trailer for a video game. 😛
I don't know if it's going to be a short film or feature length or anything else. But that trailer is great. Edit: I wonder if this is a zero dialogue film.

Edited by LadyCrimson
  • Like 1
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Watched the new Beetlejuice.

Never watched the old one completely. Still could follow the movie just fine even without knowing references. Thumbs up for hanging out with a friend. Movie still wasn't my thing.

Then again, only watched it to support "our girl" Ortega. Which surprised my friends who understood the concept that I do not watch things for political reasons (i.e. boycott) but never expected me to   watch something they like for the same reasons 😛

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).