The All Things Political Topic - A conservative is someone who makes no changes and consults his grandmother when in doubt

Keyrock

The lack of windows involved indicates it might not be a state sponsored sanction against the PM. More like replacing election with natural selection?

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

8 hours ago, uuuhhii said:

hate speech against gypsy

is the book writen in 1924

His book is called Efata. Published in 2015.

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

12 hours ago, Gorth said:

The lack of windows involved indicates it might not be a state sponsored sanction against the PM. More like replacing election with natural selection?

Well, if I want to go deep into the conspiracy hole, there is a scenario, where the PM and friends staged this. PM published after his candidate won president elections, that someone backed by the opposition is planning to kill someone from coalition. During the incident his bodyguards made like billion of mistakes, so there is that crazy theory, that the old guy just forgot, that he has to shoot in the air. The reason for this, that like few minutes after the attempt, his interview with police has been leaked together with medical records of PM (which is strictly against the law). It was leaked by someone from the police. There the pro-russian guy has stated, that he does not like the steps made by the pro-russian PM, to change the country into authoritarian state. And the first interview with the other guys from the party, immediately have said, that this incident was in making since the results of presidential elections. And almost immediatelly our social media space in country has been infested by extremely high russian troll farm bots activity.

🤷‍♂️

19 hours ago, HoonDing said:

"hate speech against gypsy "

Don't Slovakians particularly dislike Magyars?

Only few idiots have always sparked the hate. I am half Hungarian as well with very Hungarian surname, and I live in the area, where there is a lot of hate against immigrants (which are actually almost non-existent here 😄 ) And IIRC last time, I have experienced the hate against my “bloodline” was maybe 30-35 years ago. Currently the mostly visible hate against diverse people here, is hate against gypsies and gays. On the other hand, lesbians are the most sought for term at various channels which offer “documentary” entertainment 🤷‍♂️ 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Gfted1 said:

You dont think the US lent the  weather control machine to Israel and then Israel used it to target the Iranian  flight?

You JUST never know :grin:

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

My first finger pointing would have been Mossad, but Isreali resources are a bit tied up at the moment. Who knows, sometimes accidents do happen and helicopters crashing is not an unknown thing. Wasn't it Polands leader that ended up in a plane crash, where everybody were speculating about who could be behind it until it turned out that he was just impatient together with a pilot that didn't dare standing up to his "boss"?

• Hmmm 1

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

14 hours ago, Gfted1 said:

Unfortunately, we stopped controlling the weather in Y2015. ;( High-frequency Active Auroral Research Program - Wikipedia

Thats really interesting, this is the type of scientific research that feeds the inane and selective conspiracy theories about  " the US can control the weather "  and if its not  the US then its the deep state\Jews\CIA it just depends on a persons bias or the type of conspiracy theory 

And Im not joking about this, I have heard in South Africa that view and you would assume people would ask " why doesn't  the US  just use this machine to ensure it doesn't have extreme weather " :grin:

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

16 hours ago, BruceVC said:

And Im not joking about this, I have heard in South Africa that view and you would assume people would ask " why doesn't  the US  just use this machine to ensure it doesn't have extreme weather " :grin:

Because it only creates extreme weather ...and the last time we used it we had to send a team to the center of the Earth to restart the core.

• Haha 1

Free games updated 3/4/21

4 hours ago, Gfted1 said:

^Yep. And with the death of Dr. Ed Brazzelton, the manufacturing process for Unobtainium has been lost. ;( Honestly, its not worth the hassle. We can just wait for global warming to submerge our enemies.

I think it's sad I can't register the name of the most boring of the elements from the Periodic Table... Tedium. Nobody want's to deal with it 😂

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)

Rishi Sunak announces UK general election for July 4th. Bit boring really, snap election announcements should have some added interest about them* and getting audiobombed by a Labour supporter's music ain't enough.

Might have expected them to cling on as long as possible given that polling has them losing by a landslide.

*weirdly there doesn't seem to be a single video of Robert 'Piggy' Muldoon's iconic 1984 snap election announcement on youtube**. Get roaring drunk and make the announcement complete with slurred speech and swaying to a random reporter expecting a comment on something completely different in front of your clearly appalled party president, now that's mem(e)orable. You can even get a pithy title for it like 'Schnapps Election'- sadly his snap election announcements were by far the most competent thing about his leadership.

**what is up with the absolutely awful changes to the search algorithms lately that make them utterly useless? I don't want a million Reagan vs Mondale videos thanks, that's why I specified 'New Zealand' 'snap election' and 'Robert Muldoon' you complete clown.

Edited by Zoraptor

First result..well that wasn't Jurassic Park related.

• Haha 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Weird, do the search now and I do at least get two relevant videos- but not that one.

(then Reagan meeting Muldoon, Reagan vs Mondale, Reagan's 1984 SotU, Reagan's year in 1984, a random John Key video (at least he was a PM here, just 30 years later than Muldoon), a video about the Filipino (?) 1986 snap election, Mitch McConnell 1984 vs 2014, 2 x Boris Johnson calls a snap election, and most randomly the All Blacks drawing with Scotland in Rugby)

UK inflation is a voting issue and sometimes young people do know when an issue is an issue !!!

John Milton 

Sunak is going to be rubbing up on Zelensky a lot next month.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

8 hours ago, Gfted1 said:

Interesting...I copy/paste your exact search terms ('New Zealand' 'snap election' and 'Robert Muldoon') and I get the same result as Malc. Just curious, what are you using as a search engine?

Duckduckgo.

It's been giving me 'weird' results for a while now. Not all the time by any means, but sometimes it's completely useless when looking for something specific if you don't know exactly what the algorithm wants used as terms. If I search for "Drunk robert muldoon calls snap election" it is there, it seems that adding 'new zealand' and '1984' and not specifying Sir Rob was 'drunk' makes the video irrelevant somehow..

..and if I do a search specifically for videos it isn't there even when using the exact title.

Posted (edited)

I used duckduckgo as my main search engine for about a year, and it was useless for all but the most basic searches and I ended up just constantly repeating the same searches with Google instead. Its inability to consistently follow its own search operators (which I just did a search for again and as of the last year is apparently still an issue!) used to infuriate me endlessly. Now I use (and also apparently advertise for) Startpage, which is just a Netherlands-based Google Search pass-through that gives you the same results as Google Search but minus all the, uh, Google. Mind you, Google Search isn't as good as it used to be a decade ago (that or the internet is a much worse place that has lead to every search being inundated with endless garbage), but at least the search operators still correctly work through Startpage to drill down specific things I'm looking for. I'm waiting for the day Google takes away those, too.

Edited by Bartimaeus
  • Like 1

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.