What You've Done Today - We do not remember days, we remember moments

ShadySands

23 minutes ago, Gfted1 said:

s-l1600-2021-05-23T034531.143_1800x1800.

My favorite thing about this picture is the thousand-yard stare on his face. This guy has seen some $#!+.

• Haha 3

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

1 hour ago, Gfted1 said:

Now that you know, heres to a rapid recovery! Did they put you in a walking boot? Or perhaps a groovy knee walker?:

The basket up front is super convenient.

One of those plastic boots, kinda neat, can be removed so one can shower and such. Or in my case, sauna.

• Like 2

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

Happy Thanksgiving to the people in the USA

• Like 3

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

On 11/23/2023 at 6:48 AM, Keyrock said:

My favorite thing about this picture is the thousand-yard stare on his face. This guy has seen some $#!+.

thousand yard stare always reminds us o' dorothea lange subjects,

rosegallery-dorothea-lange-irishman-coun

or red badge of courage soldiers and refugees. 

what we saw in the pic were a guy who when his agent called and said he had been picked to be the face o' a national advert campaign for an industry leading brand, he told everyone-- friends, family, enemies, etc. the picture captures the realization he will never escape the photo. 

HA! Good Fun!

• Like 1

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

On 11/21/2023 at 2:37 AM, Gorth said:

There seems to have gone inflation in screen sizes, it felt effin huge

Wait a couple months, it'll seem tiny again soon.
I still debate with myself whether a 65" OLED could be made to work/fit n my computering room. :biggrin:

...I also debate whether I should buy another one before the TV's end up forcing you to connecting to the internet to even make the display simply function, thus ensuring you cannot escape their ads. I have never plugged the OLED to the net (directly), since it's PC/ps4 connected, and I'd like to keep it that way.

• Thanks 2
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Amazon made me a really good offer on one of their Fire TV sticks recently, so I bought one for cheap. Currently setting it up so it can replace my PS4 - the only reason I turn on the console is to stream videos, after all, and not only does it draw way too much power for that, resulting in it sounding like a jet turbine after a couple of minutes. Having an actual remote vs. a PS4 controller is also a major usability win.

• Like 1

No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering.

I ordered Anduril, the flame of the west, Narsil reforged, then realized I had to deal with customs and that I had to cancel it because I live under a repressive regime. 

For blank weapons for use (e.g. sports activity, role-playing or ceremonial use in a lodge or as part of a military uniform at private events) you must use the following information:
Information about the seller:
Name
Address
Phone number
CVR no., if you buy from a dealer
Weapon Data:
Weapon type
Length
Make if you know it
Documentation:

Documentation for active membership of an association - e.g. a copy of membership certificate, quota payment, statement from the association's chairman, association's statutes or military ID
 Purpose:
You must state the purpose of the application

• Gasp! 1
  • Sad 1

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

9 hours ago, Keyrock said:

I'm on vacation in Cartagena.

I want to make a funny Romancing the Stone reference but I can't think of one offhand. 😄
Have a great time!

• Like 2
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Más fotos de Cartagena:

yKj4ZqH.jpeg

This is the little slice of paradise we're staying at.

7r4J7dD.jpeg

qYGWmaC.jpeg

The 360⁰ panorama is a bit choppy in parts because I was getting smacked by waves as I took it.

Edited by Keyrock
  • Like 5

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

56 minutes ago, ShadySands said:

I was going to ask Spain or Colombia but the shoes answered that question. It looks beautiful!

As soon as I heard about the Zapatos Viejos I had to see them. I love weird stuff like that.

• Like 1

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

JWqKZao.jpeg

What can I say, I'm a kiss-ass. We're going to Islas del Rosario tomorrow, hopefully I'll have some good pictures to share.

Edited by Keyrock
  • Like 1
  • Haha 6

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

Some final thoughts on my Colombian vacation:

* Cartagena is a beautiful city. I mean, it's got its ****ty parts, as all cities do, full on shanty towns, in fact, but the wealthier parts of town are pretty, in a modern touristy sort of way, and the Walled City or Old Cartagena is gorgeous.

* Colombians sure do love meat. While it wouldn't be impossible to be a vegetarian there, it would be difficult.

* Speaking of food, Colombians are giving Americans a run for their money in the portion sizes department. If you walk away hungry you have no one but yourself to blame because they serve you a lot of food and it's so delicious.

* Renault and Mazda seem to be the dominant car manufacturers. I mainly noticed that because Renaults, while not unheard of, are pretty rare in The States.

* Motorbikes EVERYWHERE. There are so many of them on the roads and they follow their own set of rules. By their own set of rules I mean (seemingly) no rules. They weave through traffic with reckless abandon. Thank God I didn't have to do any driving there. Stuff goes on on the roads in Colombia regularly that would never be permitted in the US. 

* The sun was relentless, I didn't see a single cloud the entire time I was there. I used so much sun screen and I still got burnt. My parents did better since they live in southern Florida and are now acclimated to that amount and power of sunlight. When I go back there I will have to swallow my pride and wear a shirt in the water.

* Colombian women are spectacularly beautiful. I mean, they run the full gamut (men too). There are plenty of ugly and average women, but on the high end...

giphy.gif

* I now have family in Colombia (thanks sis) so I will definitely go there again. I really want to see Bogotá.

Edit: Side-note: Bucket List item update: Visit 6 of the 7 continents (let's be real here, I'm never going to Antarctica) - 4 out of 6.

Edited by Keyrock
  • Thanks 1

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

• 2 weeks later...

I put the finishing touches on my Xmas shopping today with my customary trip to Frugal MacDoogal to get everyone the gift of booze. I spent entirely too much money but the deed is done.

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

I got a delivery of christmas goodies from the union for being on long time medical leave. Some pretty tasty italian delicacies.

• Like 2

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

20 minutes ago, Azdeus said:

I got a delivery of christmas goodies from the union for being on long time medical leave. Some pretty tasty italian delicacies.

am half expecting you to destroy board souls by sharing how you made a guanciale and pickled herring sandwich with extra mayo, or that the bolognese turned out ok once you added a sufficient amount o' ketchup. 

HA! Good Fun!

• Haha 3

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

17 minutes ago, Gromnir said:

am half expecting you to destroy board souls by sharing how you made a guanciale and pickled herring sandwich with extra mayo, or that the bolognese turned out ok once you added a sufficient amount o' ketchup. 

HA! Good Fun!

There are limits to my cruelty towards food, but in this case it'll also be limited since it's mostly breadsticks, taralli, prosciutto, olives, olive oil, pasta that I don't want to hobble downstairs to check the name of, and some tomato sauce :)

• Like 1

Hubby test drove a few Lexus'. They weren't any better re: his back being unable to handle even average freeway road jitter  w/out pain. I guess $80k cars have no better suspensions (or tires, perhaps). He was a little annoyed with the sales reps because he told them what/why he was looking for and they all gave him blank stares as if they didn't understand what "smooth/soft ride" and a bad back meant. One told him to try the 4x4 versions ...

Personally I think what he needs is a custom car cushion type thing, maybe even one with side supports/straps.  I find no matter how great car suspensions are, or how fancy the leather covering is, most car *seats* are quite lacking on any actual padding. Although specific tires can make a big difference too sometimes. Maybe those car dealers all have performance tires that aren't very "soft riding."

• Like 1
  • Haha 1