What are you Playing Now? - What doesn't kill you, gives you XP

Broke Born Punk, I got an achievement for the ending for an action done in the midgame. Still want to get one character killed so spending more time on that. 

Looking at backlog I realize I have Indpendence War, should finish that

• Thanks 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Finished Star Trek Resurgence.

I really enjoyed it. It is an about 10 hours long episode of proper Star Trek in which you get to do all the important stuff that make Star Trek Star Trek.

I told engineering to "Reverse the hull polarity!"

I stabilized the pattern buffer and beamed people safely to where they needed to go.

I said "Energize!"

I said "Make way!" (though I had other choices as well, naturally)

I ejected the warp core with a manual override.

And I argued with the rest of the crew about the prime directive.

Definitely worth it.

• Like 3

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

1 hour ago, melkathi said:

Finished Star Trek Resurgence.

I really enjoyed it. It is an about 10 hours long episode of proper Star Trek in which you get to do all the important stuff that make Star Trek Star Trek.

I told engineering to "Reverse the hull polarity!"

I stabilized the pattern buffer and beamed people safely to where they needed to go.

I said "Energize!"

I said "Make way!" (though I had other choices as well, naturally)

I ejected the warp core with a manual override.

And I argued with the rest of the crew about the prime directive.

Definitely worth it.

Any anomalies causing disturbances in the space time continuum?

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Im about 50 hours into KA1 and Im really loving it, I dont play RTS games generally so I had a  steep 15 hour  learning curve but Im now really comfortable with most of the mechanics and effective combat strategies. I use the following approach to combat

• my knights  are assigned a cavalry unit for quick access around the map
  • I am using artifacts effectively  with my knights to boost skills
  • knights  make a huge difference and are key to win in battles
  • archers help loads
  • I use my cavalry to shatter enemy archers in horde mode

I am also enjoying the RPG elements and quests  and the micromanaging of the economies and laws and I decided to follow the Old Faith

I experienced a well known bug with a Runtime error but I found a solution, that Runtime error was causing crashes on almost every battle but that hasnt happened since the fix was applied

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Interesting. 

As old faith I use little if any cavalry. My knights are in heavy infantry units and use faery paths to travel through the otherworld and appear right in the middle of the enemy archers.

• Thanks 1

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

15 minutes ago, melkathi said:

Interesting. 

As old faith I use little if any cavalry. My knights are in heavy infantry units and use faery paths to travel through the otherworld and appear right in the middle of the enemy archers.

And when you say Fairy Paths do you mean the Sidhe Roads to quickly teleport on the combat map?

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

1 minute ago, melkathi said:

Yeah, them.

I could build at least one old faith sidhe army that then did not need cavalry.

I have one or two  knights who have that spell but I never thought of using it like that, its a good tip :thumbsup:

The game has so many different strategies and combat approaches and I learn new things all the time. I am at the point of the game where I have aligned with Wales but the Saxons and the rogue Welsh leaders are attacking me and Im probably going to get annihilated so I am going to start again if that happens and my second playthrough will include new and prudent ideas using magic differently  

I have read how hard the combat becomes in later stages so this advice is useful 

John Milton 

Yeah, you need to take the Welsh out fast to secure your flank.

I find that around this time you need three full armies with 2 knights in each. But that may just be personal play style.

• Thanks 1

Star Trek Resurgence, the negatives:

1) No skipping dialogue. This makes replaying to check out just some different choices potentially tedious.

2) single save slot for each playthrough (three save slots total for three play throughs) and no check points from which to start, means you have to play from the start, not skipping dialogues just to change one choice at the end.

Which all leads to an uncertainty how different the outcome can actually be.

3) not enough end slide content. 

Of course if they follow up with a second game, exploring the consequences, I am up for that.

4) certain important choices are very contra the spirit of the federation or Star Trek in general. Saving or not saving sentient lifeforms is not a question for a federation captain in any of the series.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 8/11/2023 at 11:34 AM, melkathi said:

Yeah, you need to take the Welsh out fast to secure your flank.

I find that around this time you need three full armies with 2 knights in each. But that may just be personal play style.

I have to tell you  I have started using Sidhe Paths and it makes a huge difference in combat particularly with disrupting enemy units and forcing them to split there armies. I defeated the Welsh and Im now dealing with the Saxons who were stealing my land while I was fighting the Welsh rebels and Im making huge progress  against them using my new strategy 

And then something else I just learnt, until last night I have only been raising class skills and not general skills where Sidhe Path is located, I didnt click the tab for general skills and select  any of those spells until now

Certain knights joined me who had Sidhe Paths and I was wondering why I didnt see that spell for other knights...now I know why, I wasnt clicking the tab its located  :grin:

But its interesting, if you hadnt brought it up I wouldnt have adopted this new effective approach to combat, Im still using calvary but Sidhe Paths really helps. So thanks for sharing 8)

• Like 1

John Milton 

Playing There is No a Game.  It's a rather interesting point and click, although some of the jokes hang around a bit too long, but creative at least.  Some moon logic in play, at least to me, but perhaps I think within the box too much

Edited by Malcador
wrong name for the game
  • Thanks 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I am slowly moving forward with Deep Sky Derelicts. I have cleared 7th derelict on Sunday, and it takes much longer to get through, than through the typical roguelite game. I spent almost 4 hours in the last derelict. Much longer than getting through full other roguelite game 🙂 So far, I am having enough fun to continue further, but it sometimes feels little bit repetitive. Hopefully I will be able to finish the game, before I start to have that bad feeling which I do not appreciate in this type of games 😛

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

Still farting around with 7 Days. I hear they've updated A21 again - I don't feel like changing so I'm sticking to the first stable branch.

As both a solo and sandboxer, I find the Monty Hall of resource looting to be way overboard, but since I am also a mega hoarder for no logical reason, sometimes I stare at the 9,330 brass, 450 duct tape, 500 glue,  54 motor engines, 643 mushrooms (and other similar amounts of many other foodstuffs), 17,475 cobblestone, 2600 plastic parts, 12,000 concrete mix, 3000+ iron and steel bars, 279, 543 "small stones" and similar raw iron, etc and chuckle in a weirdly satisfied way.  Ok, the stones/iron are more from mining than looting, but still. 8)

...although I did get fed up with having hundreds of storage chest so I gave in and made most stack sizes ginormous. Problem solved.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Still playing The Outer Worlds. It's soooooooo good. No boring a** open-world to deal with, interesting npcs, modding weapons is fun, writing is great....but....

-Stealth sucks

-Weapon variety is weird, are these guys into big guns?! because you sure have an awful lot of them compared to anything else

-Main plot is boring and at times, pretty much non-existent

Are the dlcs worth it?! Because I am having fun with this. 

• Like 3

There used to be a signature here, a really cool one...and now it's gone.  

1 hour ago, Katphood said:

-Main plot is boring and at times, pretty much non-existent

Are the dlcs worth it?! Because I am having fun with this. 

I actually quite like the plot - but the set up isn’t very obvious (good!) but it will be revealed in time what is really going on. It does come together eventually.

DLCs are solid. If you are enjoying the base game that much, they are definitely worth picking up. They are in-campaign expansions, so you want to play them before you wrap up current play through. 

Edited by Wormerine
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I remember that I mildly enjoyed The Outer Worlds; it's a good, but not great game. I never regretted any of the time I spent with the game but I was never blown away or chomping at the bit to continue playing. It felt like a really solid foundation for a (hopefully) vastly superior sequel.

I'm still playing Remnant 2. I finished the Yaesha world and now I can play it in adventure mode if I wish. Adventure mode is a separate world to the one in the campaign that you can reroll to your heart's content and run through to grind or try to get specific drops or whatever. I mean, you can also reroll the campaign worlds but if you do you'll have to beat the bosses again to finish the campaign. Anyway, I'm hopping back and forth between The Labyrinth in campaign mode and Yaesha in adventure mode.

I really need to find a better long gun. I'm still using the huntmaster that I started with as a hunter. It's a decent enough rifle, but I don't want to waste any more resources upgrading it further because it has a fairly limited ceiling and I'm sure I'll find something better soon. I got the bolt driver sidearm from solving a puzzle (Remnant 2 has some surprisingly decent puzzles) and it has surpassed the huntmaster as my go to weapon, it just does more damage. The one down side the bolt driver has is that you can't shoot it immediately, it needs to charge for a second before you can start shooting it, but that's a small price to pay for the damage it puts out with its 3 round bursts. I also got a really nice new melee weapon, the red doe staff, but I very rarely use melee in combat so it's for show more than anything.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

DLCs for Outer Worlds are more of the same, but better. They were not as good for me as they should have been because I found the base game was too long and too much the same (especially massive amounts of filler combat) but even so I still liked the expansions. For someone who is still enjoying the base game they would, I imagine, be thoroughly worth buying.

• Like 2

Completed Werewolf: The Apocalypse - Earthblood

It was better than I expected. Combat against mooks is easy enough though you still have to use healing - but you are a werewolf killing machine and most opponents, even in large numbers, should have made smarter life choices than sign up with a job that would have them fight werewolves.

The story is more "proper" werewold the apocalypse than a lot (most) of RPG campaigns I have heard about. You are constantly fighting a losing battle, even though you can squish your enemies skulls in your hands. It is bloody depressing. Thumbs up.

They also did try to put variety in to the different parts of the game, so while you fight the usual corporate soldiers from start to finish, the in between fights feels more interesting.

Huh, back when they advertised an action game with metal soundtrack, I thought "How can this be good WoD?"

I was wrong.

The game isn't great. But it actually works for the setting.

• Thanks 1