Randommer/Interestinglier/Weirder - now more of everything for the same low price!

Sarex

Only in Australia... go big or go home 😁

• Haha 2
  • Gasp! 2

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

I get such a massive headache from just imagining inspecting 110 trucktyres at once... 😣

• Haha 1

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

3 hours ago, Zoraptor said:

Right hand drive truck on right hand side of the motorway? Would be fun getting it back onto the correct side.

It (the still picture) made me scratch my head too, but then I remember a previous video I saw. Those things are built in the US, Europe and wherever Iveco is from (AU has no manufacturing industry worth mentioning). That, or the picture is flipped on it's x-axis

edit: more what you would expect it to look like in it's "natural environment". Never mind half the time, they're probably running on dirt roads without hard surfaces

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

I figured out why I get almost no trick or treaters these days. I guess trick or treating is going the way of the dodo and now there's trunk or treat? Is this a pandemic invention or does trunk or treat predate covid (shows you how out of the loop I am)? Either way, that's dystopian as ****. I mean, from a pure efficiency standpoint you get a whole lot of candy in a short period of time, so there's that. Still, trick or treating wasn't just about the candy, it was a whole night of goofy shenanigans without those pesky parents around to ruin the fun. It was throwing rolls of toilet paper over trees and egging houses. Sure, that sucked for whoever's house and/or yard was affected, but as a kid you're not concerned with that and the hijinks were awesome. I guess kids going forward just won't get to have that experience. That ****ing sucks.;(

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

9 minutes ago, Gfted1 said:

Never heard of trunk or treating until I just googled it.

I just found out about it recently but apparently it's been a thing for a few years. Hopefully kids go back to good old fashioned trick or treating. Kids need to have that night of mischief. Mischief is an important part of people's formative years.

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

On 10/28/2023 at 2:47 PM, Keyrock said:

I figured out why I get almost no trick or treaters these days. I guess trick or treating is going the way of the dodo and now there's trunk or treat? Is this a pandemic invention or does trunk or treat predate covid (shows you how out of the loop I am)? Either way, that's dystopian as ****. I mean, from a pure efficiency standpoint you get a whole lot of candy in a short period of time, so there's that. Still, trick or treating wasn't just about the candy, it was a whole night of goofy shenanigans without those pesky parents around to ruin the fun. It was throwing rolls of toilet paper over trees and egging houses. Sure, that sucked for whoever's house and/or yard was affected, but as a kid you're not concerned with that and the hijinks were awesome. I guess kids going forward just won't get to have that experience. That ****ing sucks.;(

I think Trunk or Treat replaced the mall based events that replaced door-to-door stranger danger.  But then malls died and became like...haunted derelicts too scary to go into and a lot of Church's dropped their events (or at least they're not advertising them at the local churches anymore - assume they've decided Halloween is anti-christian or whatever.

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

I didn't have a single trick or treater yesterday. The numbers have been dwindling but this is the first year that NOBODY showed up. This is the downfall of western civilization. :-

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

We've had nobody for the better part of a decade.  We still buy candy, but no one shows up on the street.  Never was much in for decorating the house.

Long gone are the days when I was a kid when I went up the street to a neighbors haunted tent house and ran home screaming. Lol.

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

17 minutes ago, Gfted1 said:

Happy Birthday USMC! (248)

They should make all the Marines pitch in for a gift.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

https://www.learner.org/series/ethics-in-america/

Something I stumbled on, a series from back in the 80's where they got in panelists from across the range of American generals, journalists, lawyers, supreme court justices, doctors and executives (depending on the question for discussion).

It's interesting to see people from across the spectrum actually discuss different points of view around ethical questions without getting angry and jingoistic and extremely political as they actually listen to each other and compare those views.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Looks like we're going to get another eruption on Iceland, this time near the town of Grindavik, or maybe the Blue Lagoon

There's plenty of webcams up aswell

• Like 1

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

The Ultimate Warrior's most famous and easily best promo ever:

While his delivery was different, he seemed to often try to tap into the same psychological, creepy, disturbing vibe that Jake "The Snake" Roberts tapped into on a regular basis. 99 out of 100 times he failed and the promo, which was nevertheless often entertaining for pure insanity reasons, was basically gibberish. This was the 1 out of 100 times that he actually succeeded. 

More rasslin' promo madness:

I kind of miss these shouty promos filled with pure distilled insanity. They were utter bollocks, but they were entertaining.

Edited by Keyrock
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸