What You've Done Today - Keep Dreaming...

Raithe

On 11/20/2022 at 9:39 AM, Gorth said:

Except "Gas" is called "Benzin" in Europe. Whenever Americans talk about "Gas", A Europeans first thought is LPG in bottles

Edit: And down here, "Gas" is called "Petrol". Not that people really fill up their cards with Petroleum (being used as a paint stripper or a foul smelling lamp/torch fuel instead)

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

43 minutes ago, Azdeus said:

Heh, you're lucky, if I were to make one post for each of my journal pages I'd need two topics*, and that's for the past 6 years XD

Yeah, Im pretty crap about going to the doctor and will usually only do so if somethings hanging out of my body. :lol: Between 1997 and whatever year Covid started, Id only gone to the doctor once when I twisted up my foot missing a stair. But Father Time is undefeated, and Im no exception, so I decided to put a little more effort into being proactive with my health. As my wife puts it, whos 5 years my junior; "these are the years when things start breaking down". ;( 

1 hour ago, Gfted1 said:

Yeah, Im pretty crap about going to the doctor and will usually only do so if somethings hanging out of my body. :lol: Between 1997 and whatever year Covid started, Id only gone to the doctor once when I twisted up my foot missing a stair. But Father Time is undefeated, and Im no exception, so I decided to put a little more effort into being proactive with my health. As my wife puts it, whos 5 years my junior; "these are the years when things start breaking down". ;( 

To be fair, before 2016 I hadn't been to the doctor since 1995 when I was ten, though that was a 6 week stay at hospital. Now it's one ****ing thing after another, got diagnosed with psoriasis a month or so ago, basically full body. -.-

• Like 1

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

51 minutes ago, Azdeus said:

Now it's one ****ing thing after another, got diagnosed with psoriasis a month or so ago, basically full body. -.-

Damn sorry to hear that. Hopefully they can find a treatment that is effective for you. Has your doctor already prescribed some of these?: Psoriasis - Diagnosis and treatment - Mayo Clinic

44 minutes ago, Gfted1 said:

Damn sorry to hear that. Hopefully they can find a treatment that is effective for you. Has your doctor already prescribed some of these?: Psoriasis - Diagnosis and treatment - Mayo Clinic

Thank you :)

Oh yeah, salicylic acids to make the skin slough off and then some corticosteroids and some moisturizers ontop of that. Takes hours. And stinks, the salicylic acid is full of wool grease and it smells of it I think. I'm pretty certain that Zooraptor would go crazy if he got near me. :p

Edited by Azdeus

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

2 hours ago, Azdeus said:

To be fair, before 2016 I hadn't been to the doctor since 1995 when I was ten, though that was a 6 week stay at hospital. Now it's one ****ing thing after another, got diagnosed with psoriasis a month or so ago, basically full body. -.-

Do you have psoriatic arthritis to go along with it, or has been skin only? The skin bit does suck in of itself, especially if it's affecting a large percentage of your body, but the arthritis component is a whole other thing.

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

24 minutes ago, Bartimaeus said:

Do you have psoriatic arthritis to go along with it, or has been skin only? The skin bit does suck in of itself, especially if it's affecting a large percentage of your body, but the arthritis component is a whole other thing.

Not yet, thankfully, but I do have it on hands and feet. It's still early though. My mother and grandmother has regular arthritis, so if nothing else I'll probably get that.

• Sad 1

@Azdeus Go easy on the corticosteroids as they will thin out your skin after prolonged usage. Ask me how I know. If at all possible try to find an alternative that works for you, as those corticosteroids are not good for you in the long run. Also watch out for secondary infections, if you scratch the scabs odds are at some point you will get either a bacterial or fungal infection, or both. I do not know how it works for psoriasis, but for eczema if it starts spreading or doesn't go away for a long time then it's probably a secondary infection.

Try not to scratch is what I'm saying...

Edited by Sarex
  • Like 1

"because they filled mommy with enough mythic power to become a demi-god" - KP

4 minutes ago, Sarex said:

@Azdeus Go easy on the corticosteroids as they will thin out your skin after prolonged usage. Ask me how I know. If at all possible try to find an alternative that works for you, as those corticosteroids are not good for you in the long run. Also watch out for secondary infections, if you scratch the scabs odds are at some point you will get either a bacterial or fungal infection, or both. I do not how it works for psoriasis, but for eczema if it starts spreading or doesn't go away for a long time then it's probably a secondary infection.

Try not to scratch is what I'm saying...

Oh, I already have a fungal infection, seborrhoeic dermatitis so I'm already using an anti-fungal agent. But yeah, not scratching is an... effort lets say, especially the legs are awful since the fabric of ones pants tend to touch the areas, and so it starts >_<

32 minutes ago, Azdeus said:

seborrhoeic dermatitis

That falls under eczema, no? Try Bioderma Intensive Baum (this will help a lot with the itching) and their bathing oil. The thing with seborrhoeic dermatitis is the inability of the skin to retain moisture, so you need to moisturize it constantly and avoid any soaps that will dry out your skin.

• Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, Sarex said:

That falls under eczema, no? Try Bioderma Intensive Baum (this will help a lot with the itching) and their bathing oil. The thing with seborrhoeic dermatitis is the inability of the skin to retain moisture, so you need to moisturize it constantly and avoid any soaps that will dry out your skin.

That it does, I was prescribed Karbamid Evolan as a moisturizer, I'll keep that recommendation in mind though :) I generally speaking have to use whats prescribed to me, then I can hand the receipts in to my boss and get the money back, and it'll total up for free medicine aswell. :)

7 minutes ago, Azdeus said:

That it does, I was prescribed Karbamid Evolan as a moisturizer, I'll keep that recommendation in mind though :) I generally speaking have to use whats prescribed to me, then I can hand the receipts in to my boss and get the money back, and it'll total up for free medicine aswell. :)

I get this on my own, it's not prescribed. The only drawback with Bioderma Intensive Baum is that it leaves residue, so after a couple of applications you do need to wash it away and the price of course, it's expensive.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Sarex said:

I get this on my own, it's not prescribed. The only drawback with Bioderma Intensive Baum is that it leaves residue, so after a couple of applications you do need to wash it away and the price of course, it's expensive.

Yeah, it's about 50% more expensive and the amount I'm using up is kind of ludicrous so I can't really afford that, but if I don't get good results with Karbamid Evolan I'll ask the doctor for a prescription of what you recommended there. With all the other stuffs I'm using It'd be hard to afford it.

I'm going to try and use my sauna this weekend, last time I used it it really helped with the eczema for some reason.

@Azdeus How about Dead Sea trips? Better yet, Turkey. I had a friend who had rather severe psoriasis. Not quite "The Elephant Man" bad (80% of his body, all of his face and limbs), but enough to negatively impact his self esteem and the lowered "quality of life" as a result. He did have quite a bit of success with the "Doctor Fish" in Turkey (aka Red Garra fish). They nibble off all the dead skin cells leaving pink, smooth and way healthier looking skin after they're done.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

15 minutes ago, Gorth said:

@Azdeus How about Dead Sea trips? Better yet, Turkey. I had a friend who had rather severe psoriasis. Not quite "The Elephant Man" bad (80% of his body, all of his face and limbs), but enough to negatively impact his self esteem and the lowered "quality of life" as a result. He did have quite a bit of success with the "Doctor Fish" in Turkey (aka Red Garra fish). They nibble off all the dead skin cells leaving pink, smooth and way healthier looking skin after they're done.

Oh, I've got to try all the other treatments first, also I'd never set my foot in Turkey, because they'd likely arrest me for being a terrorist since I've lost count of the amount of times I've protested in support for kurds. That said, if nothing really works I can get "climate treatment" in Teneriffa or Gran Canaria for 10€/day. I'd die from heatstroke, but atleast the psoriasis wouldn't bother me 😄

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1
  • Gasp! 1

Just sitting here, wishing for cold drinks. Doesn't even have to be beer, that's how bad it is 😝

• Gasp! 2

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

I've got about 10C indoors, the only heat I'm using at the moment is me and my computer :p

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Azdeus said:

I've got about 10C indoors, the only heat I'm using at the moment is me and my computer :p

Like Portugal in the winter.

• Like 1

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

10 hours ago, ShadySands said:

Got a robot mop/vacuum combo and it never made it under the tree. Kaylon 1 has been online for a week and is crushing it. So nice to not have to worry about the floor on the main level.

I cant remember, do you have any pets? Does it scare them? Are you worried about Kaylon 1 driving through a pet accident?

Lots of 'fun' end of year stuff: paying next year's road tax, automobile association membership fee, Amazon Prime yearly membership, Nintendo Online yearly membership, buying christmas presents, looking at last month's taxes and semi-fainting in the process.

No, wait, that last one is a monthly occasion. :p

• Like 2
  • Gasp! 1

No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering.

Got the flu shot yesterday...fever, headache, and body aches today for the last few hours. Feels like somebody keeps stabbing me right in my heart every 5 minutes or so - it's occasional enough but it also hurts enough that I keep actually yelping out loud every time it happens. Haven't had trouble with flu shots in the past...

Edited by Bartimaeus
  • Sad 8

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.