Random video game news... RNG 4 EVA

Keyrock

17 hours ago, Wormerine said:

I don't see any reason why studios keeping making deals with WotC. They are clearly untrustworthy partners. As recently as last month both Hidden Path and OtherSide released statements that WotC was very happy with their work on their D&D games. So these cancellations are obviously a money thing, in that Hasbro decided they would not make enough money for them. Hasbro stock is down 40%, and they're pulling back their investments to try and prop up their stock. An they're doing it by sticking the knife in the backs of their D&D video game contractors.

• Like 3

Or they could ask Paizo. 🤷‍♂️

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

5 hours ago, uuuhhii said:

paizo are extremely slow at extra content.comic and novel are dead for years despite 2e desperatly need more.owlcat video game come out at the end of 1e life cycle

But they have very solid offering of Adventure Paths. And yes, you are correct, they are slow, but this might be maybe due to their fear what would happen with OGL. And looks like, they might have been correct, as Hasbro decided to revamp it, due to their opinion that D&D is undermonetized 🤮

• Like 2

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

This is why it was so smart for Obsidian to establish a couple of their own IPs, namely Pillars and Outer Worlds. Now they're not beholden to any IP owner. People talk about wouldn't it be cool if Obs did another D&D game or another Fallot game? Sure, but I'd rather they just focus on their own IPs for the exact reason of avoiding situations just like this.

• Like 1

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Here's the most recent huge leak on the new OGL 1.1 document:

https://gizmodo.com/dnd-wizards-of-the-coast-ogl-1-1-open-gaming-license-1849950634

https://knowyourmeme.com/news/dungeons-and-dragons-fans-furious-following-lengthy-leaks-of-ogl-11

It has caused a huge firestorm in gaming and D&D circles. And if you read through this article very carefully you'll see the new OGL is so very nakedly obviously targeting D&D competitors, and especially Paizo/Pathfinder, to try and shut them down. I fear this will end any possible future Pathfinder games, as well as any new content for Solasta. :(

• Like 1
  • Hmmm 1

it is very unlike wotc can force this through even if they try

but if they try everyone will be waiting one of the big kid on the playground to beat wotc in court before making any major investment into anything 3.5 or 5e related

the whole thing could drag on for years

I have only just now learned of Hogwart's Legacy. I am not a Potter fan (did see all the movies, eventually, they were ok, only tried to read one of the books, not for me) so don't care about that aspect. But

--I like that it's single-player only
--I still enjoy the occasional open world and virtual tourism, if it's done well
--I like that it's all wand and spells combat (no melee/swords etc)
--Ever since Drakan: Order of the Flame and WoW, I like flying mounts, and the ones in this game look fantastic. :shifty:
--Taming pets/mounts in a personal yard or something?
--I think eventually school friends can join as party members so not 100% a solo chr. game?
--No micro transactions ... except that the extra stuff in the Deluxe version supposedly will be sold separately as a DLC? Not clear.

Anyway...if it's too much like Skyrim type open world game, I would likely find it dull. But maybe it'll be a new openworld, virtual tourism, action-rpg that I could sink time into...or it'll be another hype-before-release that ends up as suck.  😄 hmm. 

Edited by LadyCrimson
  • Like 1
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I read all the books, watched the movies, bought wands for the entire family, and even enjoyed a Red Ale at the Hoghead Tavern on my recent trip to Universal Studios. So I'll definitely be playing Hogwarts Legacy. It does look like it has potential.

I am theoretically a prime target - I used to be a Potter fan when I was younger. I must say, some of it looks very appealing.

But so far, outside eyecandy, gameplay looks very dull and I am just wary of Warner Bros as publisher. I will wait till release and reviews drop before I even consider it.

2 hours ago, Wormerine said:

I am theoretically a prime target - I used to be a Potter fan when I was younger. I must say, some of it looks very appealing.

But so far, outside eyecandy, gameplay looks very dull and I am just wary of Warner Bros as publisher. I will wait till release and reviews drop before I even consider it.

I was pretty happy with the way WB handled the Shadows of Mordor games. 

2 hours ago, Hurlshort said:

I was pretty happy with the way WB handled the Shadows of Mordor games. 

Is 2nd one worth playing? I was considering lately, but with all the claims of game's economy being rigged to sell lootboxes (though I believe they have been patched out, and economy adjusted) and reviews claiming it's a dull grind, I ended up postponint it for now.

48 minutes ago, Wormerine said:

Is 2nd one worth playing? I was considering lately, but with all the claims of game's economy being rigged to sell lootboxes (though I believe they have been patched out, and economy adjusted) and reviews claiming it's a dull grind, I ended up postponint it for now.

I played quite a bit and enjoyed the additions to the nemesis system. It didn't feel grindy at all, but I also didn't finish it. I got a solid 30 hours of sneaking around and listening it sassy orcs. 

I felt it was better than the original. I didn't notice anything about lootboxes. 

• Thanks 2

Re: Hogwarts Legacy

I noticed under Additional Notes on the Steam requirements for this game, it says:
---(Min) 1080p/60 fps, Low Quality Settings, *Upscale -Performance- Setting*
--(Rec) 1080p/60 fps, High Quality Settings, *Upscale -Quality- Setting*

So, are they saying these requirements are taking into consideration that you must be running non-native upscaling for them? That seems disingenuous. I guess I can understand for Minimum, since that would be part of the ... minimum. But Recommended should always be for native resolution, imo.  >.>

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts