What are you Playing Now? Whatever happens, at least we're out of that mudhole, Gilded Vale.

uuuhhii

Playing Terra Invicta - after like 6 restarts I think I have grip on the early game, now lets see how it will go in solar system

• Thanks 1

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

Almost ready to go to a level 3 town in Farthest Frontier, although I should probably spend time getting defenses set up.  Rather annoying, these raids.  Also amusing is how I closed a field off with fences to keep deer from eating my beans...but for some reason farmers wandered in there, but couldn't get out and all died of starvation.  Only in one field too, curious.

6 hours ago, Chilloutman said:

Playing Terra Invicta - after like 6 restarts I think I have grip on the early game, now lets see how it will go in solar system

How's this so far in EA ?

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

31 minutes ago, Malcador said:

Almost ready to go to a level 3 town in Farthest Frontier, although I should probably spend time getting defenses set up.  Rather annoying, these raids.  Also amusing is how I closed a field off with fences to keep deer from eating my beans...but for some reason farmers wandered in there, but couldn't get out and all died of starvation.  Only in one field too, curious.

How's this so far in EA ?

Not bad at all, didn't even noticed its EA except for weird lag in one of the menus. OFC tutorial is mess so you will be googling some stuff but otherwise its fine with me

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

10 hours ago, Gorth said:

Wait.... are you saying that: (bear in mind, I'm only in act IV, so I've no idea what happens in act V)

Hide contents

There is more to her than just both of you getting naked, straddling the body of her latest victim, while engaging in some really kinky sex.  Because her spirits are even crazier than her, telling her to sacrifice people and making her all horny in the process?

Edit: Well, the spirit she has trapped in her amulet at least, which is why she doesn't want to part with the amulet (without which she would go through life in a constant sexual arousal and bloodlust)

You want more in that scene? Update to EE and use photomode to save some screenshots with stickers.

• Gasp! 2

sign.jpg

22 minutes ago, InsaneCommander said:

You want more in that scene? Update to EE and use photomode to save some screenshots with stickers.

3e9.png

• Haha 2

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

@Gorth @InsaneCommander @Zoraptor

Cammy spoilers, peek at your own risk:

Spoiler

You and your hot and useful psycho-wife end up killing Gwerm (twice, in a way that will make sense eventually), then proceed to slaughter all the household servants and have the hot secks on top of the corpses.

Spoiler

Also, there's no spirit to heal. She's just nuts and the spirit just vengeful.

Edited by majestic
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Gasp! 1
  • Sad 1

No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering.

20 minutes ago, majestic said:

@Gorth @InsaneCommander @Zoraptor

Cammy spoilers, peek at your own risk:

Reveal hidden contents

You and your hot and useful psycho-wife end up killing Gwerm (twice, in a way that will make sense eventually), then proceed to slaughter all the household servants and have the hot secks on top of the corpses.

Reveal hidden contents

Also, there's no spirit to heal. She's just nuts and the spirit just vengeful.

You know what, I took second spirt for her and named the animal companion Mireya. What a bitch. Oh well, there's always Wen's Dog.

• Haha 1

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

I completed BG2 SoA and my battles with Irenicus were very memorable, the first battle with him at the Tree of Life was very tough and I died at least 5-6 times before I adopted a winning combat strategy that included

• Spells like Breach and Piece Magic to weaken his magic defenses
  • Spells like Chaotic Commands and Death Ward to protect my party
  • I used summoning spells like Mordenkainen's Sword to distract him
  • I ran away when he used AOE spells like Ice Storm
  • My fighters used potions like Fire Giant strength to enhance their combat effectiveness 

And then in Hell I initially ran away so  I could focus on his summoned monsters and then I changed into the Slayer to kill him, I very seldom use the Slayer and this was only the second time in the whole SoA I used that special ability

I am now playing ToB, my favorite RPG of all time, and Im in the Marching Mountains. I had some real issues initially with the first Bhaalspawn battle with Illasera, I was killed at least 5 times. I then reran the Ascension mod and removed all '' make Bhaalspawn fights  harder " that include Illasera and Gromnir and the fight became  reasonable and fun

I think there was a bug with my Ascension mod because the Illasera battle seemed almost impossible?

• Like 2

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

We downloaded the 4th main LC of Tiny Tina, which far as we can tell, adds another one of those survive-these-maps without-dying-once scenarios and a new player class. Maybe some new gear and small stuff like that. So for us at least, it doesn't really add much, outside of checking a new class. Nothing to inspire you to replay the whole campaign seems like.

The new class is a poison-dmg. type with an Action Skill of tossing out a stationary totem that shoots poison balls at enemies. You can cast it twice (have two) before cooldown waiting. Basically it feels like a spell. I would say that in early play I can it see it being my 2nd fave class vs. the spellcaster, because ... it feels like a spellcaster. Spell in one slot, your totem Action skill, so all the bonuses for both can still apply ... vs. the spellcaster with 2 spells where zero of the Action Skill stuff applies.

That said, nothing exciting.

Edited by LadyCrimson
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I have been playing some Overwatch2. It's a really good patch. New gamemode is a very natural fit for the formula and nice variation on "push the payload", new maps are great, new heroes are fun to play. Rebalancing so far seems for the better, and move to 5 v. 5 shakes things and I am curious to see how it will develop.

The issue remains monatization with O2 becoming free2pay. Pretty much say goodbye to cosmetics as gaining anything through gameplay seems nearly impossible at the moment, and prices are unreasonably steep. It being free to play you will be always overpaying on top of rather high prices. We will how achievable new heroes will be. From what I gather so far, getting to required level in free battlepass will be rather tough feat to pull of within short timeframe given, and $10 for a new hero just feels a bit too much for me. At the same time, not gaving access to heroes is bound to sour the experience and switching to counter has been the game's staple - no matter what Blizz is claiming now, access to right heroes is still key. Pay or not pay, the progression just feels rubbish. Pay for battlepass, and then you have to grind away to get what you paid for - or pay even more before season ends.

• Confused 1

I finished the battle of Minas Tirith in LotRO. They did a good job of depicting the largest battle in Middle Earth history on a 15-year old gaming engine. It felt frantic and a lot of NPC's that have been giving me quests for 100+ levels died. It helps that they have a great source template to pull from, but the storytelling by Turbine/Standing Stone Games has really been remarkable. 

I imagine I'll be marching on the Black Gate soon. Or maybe I'll buy a house and relax a bit with some festivals. That was a pretty intense week of fighting. 

• Like 2

My adventures in ToB are progressing nicely, after killing Yaga-Shura I decided to complete Watchers Keep

ToB really is my best RPG of all time for several reasons that include

• I love all games that use the D&D, or similar, rulesets and FR is my favorite setting
  • The high level battles are varied and exciting, it reminds me of D:OS2
  • The overall ToB narrative is excellent where you face different Bhaalspawn and where you have to consider your own dark destiny.
  • Side quests are worthwhile and interesting
  • The party interaction and Romance arcs are very entertaining

Watchers Keep is probably my favorite side quest of all time, I loved the different levels and how you had to navigate them. At the end when I faced Demogorgon I realized I had been lied to by Odren so I returned to him and confronted him. He went into the Keep by himself and I sealed Watchers using the Ritual Scroll from the ghost. I decided its better not to try to kill Demogorgon because how that might unbalance the Abyss and trapping him within the Keep seemed more poetic and painful. And the one battle to unlock the seals with the Demons and the Hive Mother was the hardest battle I have ever had but I used summons strategically, spells to remove magic, delayed AOE spells like Skull Trap and HLA like Hardiness and I won on the 5th time

Im am now on my way to the Oasis, grand events await me 

• Like 2

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

1 hour ago, BruceVC said:

My adventures in ToB are progressing nicely, after killing Yaga-Shura I decided to complete Watchers Keep

ToB really is my best RPG of all time for several reasons that include

• I love all games that use the D&D, or similar, rulesets and FR is my favorite setting
  • The high level battles are varied and exciting, it reminds me of D:OS2
  • The overall ToB narrative is excellent where you face different Bhaalspawn and where you have to consider your own dark destiny.
  • Side quests are worthwhile and interesting
  • The party interaction and Romance arcs are very entertaining

Watchers Keep is probably my favorite side quest of all time, I loved the different levels and how you had to navigate them. At the end when I faced Demogorgon I realized I had been lied to by Odren so I returned to him and confronted him. He went into the Keep by himself and I sealed Watchers using the Ritual Scroll from the ghost. I decided its better not to try to kill Demogorgon because how that might unbalance the Abyss and trapping him within the Keep seemed more poetic and painful. And the one battle to unlock the seals with the Demons and the Hive Mother was the hardest battle I have ever had but I used summons strategically, spells to remove magic, delayed AOE spells like Skull Trap and HLA like Hardiness and I won on the 5th time

Im am now on my way to the Oasis, grand events await me 

So... pathfinder: wrath of the righteous next 😁

• Like 4

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

6 minutes ago, Gorth said:

So... pathfinder: wrath of the righteous next 😁

Yes, I want to play these games. I have heard mostly good things about them. How has your overall experience been ?

John Milton 

I'm stunned that one game has somehow managed to generate five threads so far due to length, it's like this subforum consists of the news thread, the playing thread, and a thread for a game I know next to nothing about. Impressive to say the least.

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G

48 minutes ago, Humanoid said:

I'm stunned that one game has somehow managed to generate five threads so far due to length, it's like this subforum consists of the news thread, the playing thread, and a thread for a game I know next to nothing about. Impressive to say the least.

Think of it as what Baldurs Gate would've been like if it had been made in 2020 instead of the 90's 😝

• Like 2

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

5 hours ago, Gorth said:

Think of it as what Baldurs Gate would've been like if it had been made in 2020 instead of the 90's 😝

Gorthfuscious Im not sure if you being serious or joking, do you recommend Pathfinder?

John Milton 

22 minutes ago, BruceVC said:

Gorthfuscious Im not sure if you being serious or joking, do you recommend Pathfinder?

No. Because it's a bloody time sink and I just clocked in at 200 hours spent on it the last five weeks 😠

Edit: Which is to say, I haven't spent that much time on a single player game since the days of the Infinity Engine games

• Like 1
  • Hmmm 1
  • Gasp! 1

4 minutes ago, Gorth said:

No. Because it's a bloody time sink and I just clocked in at 200 hours spent on it the last five weeks 😠

Edit: Which is to say, I haven't spent that much time on a single player game since the days of the Infinity Engine games

Okay but then you must be enjoying it to spend that much time on it, thats a tacit recommendation surly?

John Milton