What are you Playing Now? Whatever happens, at least we're out of that mudhole, Gilded Vale.

uuuhhii

3 hours ago, Lexx said:

Funny, same here. I bought it back on release day but have not played for more than half an hour. Wasn't really in the mood then, and for some reason have never been in the mood ever since. Played the first game a lot, though.

Yup. Tried to play Gromrock2 couple times, and it just never continues. I really liked the original. Maybe the sequel is just too big. Grimrock1 had a comforting simplicity in just delving deeper and deeper into the dungeon.

Edited by Wormerine
  • Thanks 1
  • Gasp! 1

Yeah, that might be it. The game feels too big right from the start, while the first game is much more straight forward. Maybe I like these kind of games, but I don't really like them all that much, thus I never had the motivation to get back into it.

• Like 2

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

I have spent 120 hours on Exanima and I've basically completed most of the maps and defeated most of the main enemies like  the Golem president and now  I have the effective and superlative  Golem Armor,  ostensibly the best armor in the game. The game is technically unfinished but I have completed as much as I can

My views on this game are the same as my previous posts, its very positive for several reasons that include

• it has the most realistic and exciting combat in any action RPG I have ever played
  • its the most difficult but worthwhile game I have ever played. You really celebrate when you find level maps and green health crystals which are extremely rare

I did use save scumming and I recommend that to newbies or most people unless you master combat which I still havent done but my combat skills are vastly improved. I am not sure if Sui Generis, the main game, will ever be released but I hope it is because this game has unique and "hardcore " action RPG mechanics and the full version will be a grand and worthwhile gaming experience

But well done to the indie developers for this gem  

I cant give it the normal and globally respected " BruceVC game rating score" because its not complete8)

• Thanks 1

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Put me in the same basket with LoG2 🙂 also left the game soon after hour or two, and trying to get back to it. In the meanwhile, I have finished Starcrawlers and Vaporum, and enjoyed them a lot. On the other hand despite purchasing Vaporum: Lockdown and Operencia, I have not even started to play the yet. I blame to big backlog of mine, and because of that, I probably need more variation of gameplay 🙂 

Back to topic: I have finally the option to catch and train Chocobos in Comrades FFXV. It is still grindy, but it gave the DLC a little bit of variation in a positive way. So now I am again in a stage, when the DLC feels more fun and less chore, despite a considerate amount of grinding required 😁

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

11 hours ago, Hawke64 said:

Icewind Dale is the closest thing to a dungeon crawler I've played from start to finish/the middle of the second expansion. I can see the difference in combat (TB and RtwP) and camera perspective (FP and isometric), but not the underlying systems, progression, and story.
I thank everyone for the input. Wishlisted both at the moment.

Completed Ender Lilies. The game is amazing - from the combat to the graphics to the story. I've defeated the final boss #1, collected the McGuffins required to face the final boss #2, and on the second attempt was able to hold it stunned almost the whole last phase. For some reason, reaching the last ending unlocked the difficulty options and I was able to turn off the collision damage, which had annoyed me quite a lot. Though, the only things left to do are collecting lore items, some upgrades, and leveling the character to the max. Granted, the first two things require quite high platforming skills and good reaction time, which I don't think I possess, so might return to it later.

Also, if I may recommend you one more game to your wishlist, you should probably check Operencia: Stolen Sun as well. I think this might be up to your alley as well. I would say, that this might be something in between Grimrock and IwD.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I have been playing a bit of Spider-Man - it’s sort of really good? Spider-Man is doing very well a type of game I don’t care much for. 

All of it is decent - swinging, combat, stealth, open world activities. However, it is just an open world collectathon. I wish it had some more substantial narratively driven dungeons like Arkham Games. As it is, Spidey is heavily skewed toward open world box ticking, but at the same time it’s doing it very well. It’s like Pringles. One I start it up, I struggle to stop playing but after a gaming session I feel empty and a little bit sick. 

there is a something very disturbing about facial animation - Peter’s and MJ creepy smiles freak me out. I am also distracted by Thaos voicing Dr. Oc and many Edérs of the New York City. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Wormerine said:

many Edérs of the New York City. 

There's a lot of critters to be petted.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

18 hours ago, Mamoulian War said:

Also, if I may recommend you one more game to your wishlist, you should probably check Operencia: Stolen Sun as well. I think this might be up to your alley as well. I would say, that this might be something in between Grimrock and IwD.

I enjoyed Operencia, I loved the  lore and the puzzles werent too difficult like BT4

Now that I am finished with Exanima I am taking my normal break from fantasy RPG and I want to participate in some zombie killing. So Im going to be playing Days Gone. This trailer and the background music convinced me 🧟‍♂️

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

New WoW expansion seems fun, I like that it's just you exploring a continent rather than the Chosen One on a mission like WoD, Legion, BFA and SL.   New expansion smell will fade, but enjoying mucking about with my friend.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Heh. Blizz sent me an e-mail going like "the wait is finally over!" just a couple of minutes ago, and I raised and eyebrow and told my phone that I haven't waited for a Blizzard release ever since Wings of Liberty was such a massive disappointment, and then deleted it. It's probably for the best that I am burnt out on the game and online playing in general.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering.

22 hours ago, Wormerine said:

Aww, I still play SC2 every once in a while. Story was poor, but I really liked campaigns otherwise. 

I liked StarCraft because it was a nice blend of likeable and interesting characters, had a decent sci-fi story, nice background lore and a fun campaign. StarCraft II came out and assassinated the characters within the first two seconds of the very first cutscene and then proceeded to took a giant dump on the world building and established lore in that afterthought of a campaign that was flashy style over substance coupled to a game designed solely to appeal to RTS e-sports players - and that is without even considering the audacity to sell content worth one game in three separate installments to rake in some more cash.

As much as I sometimes complain about Mass Effect 3's ending, for me, SC2 ranks very high amongst the biggest disappointments in gaming. WoW's Cataclysm just sealed the deal in the same year.

Edited by majestic
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Hmmm 1
  • Sad 1

No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering.

2 hours ago, majestic said:

and that is without even considering the audacity to sell content worth one game in three separate installments to rake in some more cash.

Never particularly cared for story in any Blizz game (though I admit SC1 came the closest) so to each their own.

That said the quote really puzzles me though. I though those accusations of SC2 campaign being lesser in content then the original because of the race split ended once a WoL released with a more robust campaign then anything found in the original SC.

• Hmmm 1

WoW is the only Blizzard game I've ever owned. I think it's over though. After playing it to the detriment of everything else from 2005 to 2010, then being on-and-off with it from 2011 to 2018/2019, this is the longest I've been without it, and I still don't feel the itch at all.

I have tried Diablo 2 and Starcraft. They did nothing for me, so I never touched the sequels.

• Like 1

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G

I'm answering in advance. Callisto Protocol launches tomorrow.

Please don't suck. I need space horror right now.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Finished with the main campaign of Solasta -- immediately bought the "Lost Valley" campaign DLC. It seems good for another ~30 hours or so of Solasta which is fine with me.

Getting into that D&Dish vibe whilst playing, I went through the catalogue of D&D games released so far. Solasta was influenced by SSI's Gold Box games anyway. But one thing I wish was still arround was the kind of thing the Ravenloft games were going for.

Hadn't actually played them -- still remember reading a Stone Prophet review in  PC gaming mag over and over. But gothic/horror proved to be a decent fit in the Evira games already (though they're arguably more adventure games than RPG).

Maybe I'm going to pick them up. All the D&D classics were released on Steam a while ago anyway. Plus they've even seen a QOL update recently. 

Edited by Sven_
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Three more additions to my Finished Stuff in 2022 list from yesterday.

– After little bit more than 40 hours of playing and few retries, I was able to beat Ifrit, the final boss of the 1.2 release of Final Fantasy XV – Comrades DLC on PS4, and finish the whole DLC storyline.

– An hour after beating Ifrit, I have amassed an output of 999,999kW, required for the final Let There Be Light trophy of the initial release of Final Fantasy XV – Comrades DLC on PS4.

– And the third one of the day was the final trophy of the free 1.2 update to Final Fantasy XV – Comrades DLC on PS4. It was needed to complete the Future: Comrade mission with all four protagonists of the main game. The mission was probably planned to be a challenge, but it was pretty failed one. Mainly due to sucky AI companions and the Bahamut King practically oneshotting everyone all the time. The fight, especially with Noctis, looked like this: 3 hits on boss, getting oneshoted, wait on AI to run to you and revive you, hoping to be lucky, that the boss does not oneshot you right away, repeat until the boss died. After enduring this for one and half hour, I had finally acquired the Beacons of Hope trophy, and I can finally put this DLC on the shelf and never return back.

Edited by Mamoulian War

Got all achievements in Ender Lilies. The game is mercifully grind-free - the only achievement that required it is leveling to 100, while the game can be finished around lvl 85-90. Fortunately, in NG+ it took about 30 minutes. Though, there are 2 items left to collect, which I am unsure how to reach exactly - there are jumping puzzles. As far as I can see, the rewards are upgrade materials for the spirits. Speaking of NG+, on one hand, all spirits and relics were carried over, on the other everything was almost one-shooting (technically, 3-shooting) me and it's with the damage-reduction relic equipped. So, it still was reasonably challenging.

Edit. Collected the upgrade materials. The extra jump/dash spirits and the jump boost relic were required.

Edited by Hawke64
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Lexx said:

Ancient egypt game looks pretty nice, but I'm 100% sure I wouldn't enjoy that gameplay for longer than an hour.

Yeah, I always enjoy the idea of the classic games much more than the actual gameplay. Some genres held up better than others, too. RPG's tended to be pretty bad. I'd argue that the infinity engine games are the only ones that aged somewhat well, and even they benefited from the EE makeover.

I tried to play Might and Magic 7 awhile back and I don't understand how I navigated that thing back in the day.

Started a new FM save, using a fictional team, Bielefeld.

• Haha 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

• Gorth locked this topic

Let the game comm...ntinue!

:closed:

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein