What are you Playing Now? Whatever happens, at least we're out of that mudhole, Gilded Vale.

uuuhhii

On 10/11/2022 at 8:55 AM, Humanoid said:

I can honestly say that the Fade puzzles were the best part of Dragon Age 1.

*ducks for cover*

Edited by uuuhhii
best part are it actually doesn't take that long after multiple playthrough

22 minutes ago, InsaneCommander said:

Arueshalae.png

For some reason, the "(also check Aureshalae Builds)" is ****ing hilarious to me.

• Haha 1

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

24 minutes ago, InsaneCommander said:

Arueshalae.png

Thats perfect, it sounds like the interesting Romance arcs I appreciate 💞

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

11 minutes ago, Hawke64 said:

@BruceVC There are two succubi who can engage in romantic relationship with the PC. Just in case, they are in Wrath of the Righteous. The tieflings and the tentacle monster are in Kingmaker.

So I have decided I am going to play these games next as my fantasy choice, I will start with Kingmaker 

But as I mentioned I am playing BG1&2 now so when I am finished my gaming code says I have to play a  game that isnt from the same genre and mechanics . So I cant play a party based RPG immediately 

But I will be playing these games in the future 🥂

How is Kingmaker?

• Like 3

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Tried Overwatch "2" now that the queues are gone and they don't need my phone number.  Seems like same old, at least not dealing with ragers on voice comm.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

8 hours ago, BruceVC said:

So I have decided I am going to play these games next as my fantasy choice, I will start with Kingmaker 

But as I mentioned I am playing BG1&2 now so when I am finished my gaming code says I have to play a  game that isnt from the same genre and mechanics . So I cant play a party based RPG immediately 

How is Kingmaker?

Edited by Hawke64
It is a good party-RPG. Though, it was buggy, unbalanced (less than WotR) and time-consuming when I played it. Should be patched by now.
  • Thanks 1

I still have to kick myself into playing that WoTR or whatever is the second game name, i dont know why but I really didn't mind that writing and story of the second one. First one was mediocre story wise but it was for sure better.

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

9 hours ago, BruceVC said:

How is Kingmaker?

If you like BG, chances are you will like these games too. I enjoyed Kingmaker a lot, even though it can be really annoying at times. If you are interested in both games, I suggest playing Kingmaker first because WotR has many improvements and I imagine it will be a little disappointing going back to the first one. WotR has an ability to dispel your own spells, for example, that was sorely needed in Kingmaker. I remember looking at the exit or the direction I had to go in a cave with Web and Grease on the floor and trying to decide what was the best option: waiting, slowly moving the party one step at a time, setting up camp or never using those spells again.

• Like 2

sign.jpg

23 minutes ago, InsaneCommander said:

If you like BG, chances are you will like these games too. I enjoyed Kingmaker a lot, even though it can be really annoying at times. If you are interested in both games, I suggest playing Kingmaker first because WotR has many improvements and I imagine it will be a little disappointing going back to the first one. WotR has an ability to dispel your own spells, for example, that was sorely needed in Kingmaker. I remember looking at the exit or the direction I had to go in a cave with Web and Grease on the floor and trying to decide what was the best option: waiting, slowly moving the party one step at a time, setting up camp or never using those spells again.

I know I hammer on about mods for Pathcat Owlfinder a lot, but the mod Call of the Wild introduces the ability to dismiss spells, as well as more content than even WotR did (no mounts though). If you ever do a second KM run I highly recommend it.

• Thanks 1

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

12 hours ago, BruceVC said:

How is Kingmaker?

I own the game, but never played it (I bought it after I started wrath of the righteous). Based on discussion threads elsewhere (reddit, steam etc.) the roleplaying part is fine, but the realm management sucks. Not my opinion, just hearsay.

Edit: Being an old Heroes of Might & Magic III fan, the crusade management in Wrath of the Righteous was just up my alley 😎

• Thanks 1

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

44 minutes ago, Gorth said:

I own the game, but never played it (I bought it after I started wrath of the righteous). Based on discussion threads elsewhere (reddit, steam etc.) the roleplaying part is fine, but the realm management sucks. Not my opinion, just hearsay.

Edit: Being an old Heroes of Might & Magic III fan, the crusade management in Wrath of the Righteous was just up my alley 😎

The Kingdom management is trash and I strongly recommend you mod it down to nothing and save yourself the headache. It's like the fort building and decree (but with d20 checks) parts of crusade management, no battles. On top of that leveling up your stats or annexing a region takes two weeks of your time and if you start something like that before certain major events it kills your game. The only noteworthy part of it is some of the advisor dialogues, like when Regnogar gets your soldiers on fantasy meth.

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, KP From Another World said:

The Kingdom management is trash and I strongly recommend you mod it down to nothing and save yourself the headache. It's like the fort building and decree (but with d20 checks) parts of crusade management, no battles. On top of that leveling up your stats or annexing a region takes two weeks of your time and if you start something like that before certain major events it kills your game. The only noteworthy part of it is some of the advisor dialogues, like when Regnogar gets your soldiers on fantasy meth.

I liked the dialogue part, but hated that I couldn't leave the capital and play the game while the stats were being upgraded. They fixed this with WotR decrees. When I replay Kingmaker the least I'll do will be reducing the time for upgrades by half with mods. This should be enough to play the game freely without worrying about timers.

Edited by InsaneCommander
  • Like 1

sign.jpg

19 minutes ago, InsaneCommander said:

I liked the dialogue part, but hated that I couldn't leave the capital and play the game while the stats were being upgraded. They fixed this with WotR decrees. When I replay Kingmaker the least I'll do will be reducing the time for upgrades by half with mods. This should be enough to play the game freely without worrying about timers.

I just have it treat them like the other assignments so I can do adventuring instead of sitting around waiting for Tristain to claim a region. :shrugz:

• Like 2

On 10/12/2022 at 2:37 PM, Malcador said:

Tried Overwatch "2" now that the queues are gone and they don't need my phone number.  Seems like same old, at least not dealing with ragers on voice comm.

I do wonder how extensive “behind the curtain” changes are, though. Physics based characters, like Wrecking Ball or Doomfist never felt quite right in O1, while I found them to play very well in O2.

Game's a lot quicker, or so it seems to me and trying to be a support sucks (other than my playing with the usual rando trash).  Losing so much, going to be a while to get 10 wins for comp, hah.  The way the unlocks work also sucks, but alas, it's F2P so can't be helped. 

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

So I finally got around to retrieving my old saved games for various titles from my old PC which was retired almost two years ago now. A few relevant titles there which I might explore in the coming weeks, such as Dishonored 2, The Outer Worlds and Tyranny. But all said, the Pathfinder talk made me launch Pillars of Eternity.

Well, I was in some sort of building. I don't know what I was doing there, so I exited the building. As soon as I did so I was accosted by someone who apparently did not like what I did inside the building, and attacked me. The combat AI was on so I just let my party beat up on the three enemies until they died, even if one of my own got knocked out in the process. I don't remember who that guy is anyway, or indeed who most of my party members are.

I then quit the game, because I was too tired to figure out what was going on. I figured I'd come back when I'm more of sound mind. But whatever happens, at least we're out of that mudhole, Gilded Vale.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G

On 10/12/2022 at 1:54 PM, Humanoid said:

I only played through that part once, and I've never finished the game, so admittedly it's not a complete point of view. But ditching the tedious combat and tiresome party members make it a win by default. 😛

Skip the Fade is the only must-install mod for DA:O.

PF: Kingmaker is decent enough.

Compared to WotR it has slightly worse writing, more down-to-earth plot, worse QoL (slower movement, no camera rotation), less rules bloat, resting is a bit more annoying, and time-limits for quests. It doesn't seem to have that much bugs anymore.

People diss on the kingdom management, but I thought it was fine. It's more engaging than WotR's crusade management, IMO.

The worst part of KR is that it doesn't really give much indication about when to focus on kingdom management, main quests, or just exploring. I recommend checking a guide.

Edited by MrBrown
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Scorn early impressions:

Pros:

The game looks and sounds great, in a creepy and disgusting way. There's barely any music and what there is is subtle, but near silence with ambient sounds provides just the right unsettling feeling. The biomechanical vibe is awesome. The puzzles haven't exactly been hard so far, but they weren't completely trivial either, which bodes well for the puzzles later on, assuming they ramp up in difficulty, as they should.

Cons:

I hate invisible walls and there's been no shortage of them. The game crashed once, luckily it seems to autosave fairly often, so I didn't lose any progress.

• Thanks 2

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks