What are you Playing Now? Whatever happens, at least we're out of that mudhole, Gilded Vale.

uuuhhii

Completed Wasteland 3. An excellent RPG and I wholeheartedly recommend it.
Discovered that the DLC are online-only on Steam, so installed the GOG version (had it on both platforms for co-op reasons).
Completed the first DLC, "The Battle of Steeltown", which was infuriating on many levels.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, bugarup said:

re: Pathfinder recommendations (can't quote or forum eats the post):  it's a D&D-like with romances, Bruce. :biggrin: Granted, they're nowhere near as elaborate as Bioware's, but they're there:dancing:

I would actually make the counterclaim, they are way more elaborate than Bioware's "nice dress, lets have sex!" style romances. Not that I'm a fan of that whole romance gimmick in my crpgs in the first place, unless it somehow contributes to the overall story  🙄

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

I looked into it a bit more and was surprised to see it has a turn-based mode, if only because I remember reading that Kingmaker had no such thing on launch (and now I've learned that it was added by a mod). That certainly helps sell it to me. Well, not in a literal sense, because I'll probably only try it once it lands on Game Pass, but yeah.

Speaking of turn-based, I recently started Solasta's Lost Valley DLC, again in co-op of course. Seems to be a decent improvement, travel times are less oppressive, there's some limited choices now, and level design is a bit broader. Disappointed in not having access to any new classes compared to the base game, but no way am I paying for class DLC packs that add nothing else.

EDIT: I know it's in a current Humble Bundle, and also on a fairly deep discount at GOG, but still too much for something that's probably a bit too hardcore for me. Incidentally the bundle made me roll my eyes a little at the BG "Faces of Good and Evil" DLC which is, uh, six portraits. I'd rather have horse armour...

Edited by Humanoid
  • Thanks 1

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G

1 hour ago, Humanoid said:

I looked into it a bit more and was surprised to see it has a turn-based mode, if only because I remember reading that Kingmaker had no such thing on launch (and now I've learned that it was added by a mod).

DpQ9YJl.png

While the TB mod does exist for KM, the Devs did release the game with turn-based as part of one of the major updates.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

9 hours ago, Gorth said:

I would actually make the counterclaim, they are way more elaborate than Bioware's "nice dress, lets have sex!" style romances. Not that I'm a fan of that whole romance gimmick in my crpgs in the first place, unless it somehow contributes to the overall story  🙄

Yeah, it's basically "Hey, I caught you in the act of killing someone and consuming their flesh in some creepy sacrificial ritual, how about we do it atop the still warm corpse?", which, wow, is so much more involved than Viconia or Morrigan, which I assume you're referencing here. :p

Edited by majestic
  • Haha 1

No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering.

Getting near the end of my 2nd Cyberpunk playthrough, trying to get the Autojock achievement but having some trouble finding whatever the last few cars are that I need. Maybe the messages from the fixers that are supposed to sell them are just coming really slow (I'm done with each and every Gig, just some NCPD callsigns and Sinnerman left)

Also poking some at Conan Exiles, seeing whether their claims of being able to finish the battlepass easily within the timeframe are true. For sure the whole thing is a bloody nuisance though. It's an annoying list of chores and every day you get a few "boosters" that "multiply" the XP individual chores give you by 10x. Meaning that without those boosts it'd be one hell of a slow boring slog. Additionally it also means that if you want to optimize you only want to use the boosts on the high xp chores.

Btw, I haven't bought the battle pass, just to make that clear. I'm just going through the free track.

Edited by marelooke

15 minutes ago, majestic said:

Yeah, it's basically "Hey, I caught you in the act of killing someone and consuming their flesh in some creepy sacrificial ritual, how about we do it atop the still warm corpse?", which, wow, is so much more involved than Viconia or Morrigan, which I assume you're referencing here. :p

Come now, it's not like all the romance options are bonkers cannibals though.

Only two of them? No, I don't want to know the answer...

That also has to be the funniest 'romantic' interaction this side of the unintentionally hilarious DAO sexy time cutscenes.

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Zoraptor said:

Come now, it's not like all the romance options are bonkers cannibals though.

Only two of them? No, I don't want to know the answer...

That also has to be the funniest 'romantic' interaction this side of the unintentionally hilarious DAO sexy time cutscenes.

The game has great choices for romance in general.

Not one, but two nutjob cannibal women. One male character posessed by an eldritch horror from beyond the veil of reality, a pushy half-goat, half-reptile, a succubus on a road to redemption and a... well, actually, I guess a cleric worshipping the Goddess of Beauty and looking for his brother is the oddly normal one out of the bunch.

Huh, how did that happen?

Bruce and romance spoilers:

Spoiler

He'll end up really really really liking Arue but would eventually just run off with Cammy because Arue blue-balls the MC until she's finally ascended. Besides, taking invisibility potions and going at it in your office in front of other people is exactly his thing. :p

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Gasp! 1

53 minutes ago, majestic said:

Hey, I caught you in the act of killing someone and consuming their flesh in some creepy sacrificial ritual, how about we do it atop the still warm corpse?

IMG_9804.png

• Haha 5

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

2 hours ago, majestic said:

Not one, but two nutjob cannibal women. One male character posessed by an eldritch horror from beyond the veil of reality, a pushy half-goat, half-reptile, a succubus on a road to redemption and a... well, actually, I guess a cleric worshipping the Goddess of Beauty and looking for his brother is the oddly normal one out of the bunch.

Don't forget Pathfinder: Kingmaker.

• Like 2
  • Gasp! 1

sign.jpg

7 minutes ago, InsaneCommander said:

Don't forget Pathfinder: Kingmaker.

Threescome DLC confirmed.

3 hours ago, majestic said:

2 minutes ago, KP From Another World said:

Threescome DLC confirmed.

Don't give them any ideas or the other cannibal might join in that ritual.

• Hmmm 1

sign.jpg

32 minutes ago, InsaneCommander said:

There's a far worse fate than that happening.

xebbgk8vh0t91.png?auto=webp&s=9950131d73

• Gasp! 2

3 hours ago, majestic said:

Bruce and romance spoilers:

Reveal hidden contents

He'll end up really really really liking Arue but would eventually just run off with Cammy because Arue blue-balls the MC until she's finally ascended. Besides, taking invisibility potions and going at it in your office in front of other people is exactly his thing. :p

You forgot that old woman who likes young men a quarter of her own age, as well as spider woman (if you like girls with legs, she's definitely your thing)

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

3 minutes ago, InsaneCommander said:

975059a3b39682e703a9daeae00a4287.gif

such-sights-to-show.gif

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, InsaneCommander said:

The Kalikke/ Kanerah romance(s) from Kingmaker actually were dlc, weren't they? Not sure if that's technically a threesome or not though, since they're in the same body.

Protag/ Camellia/ Wenduag would be up there with a Jaethal romance in terms of things I'd do just for the lols.

Edited by Zoraptor
  • Haha 1

:wub: And if you're a Trickster, you can do

Spoiler

a sh†t demon (yes, like in "Dogma") and Nocticula's brother-lover right in the corner of your Lynchian Council room with councilors, your party and Nocticula's corpse still present.

Now if this doesn't sell Bruce on Wrathfinder, I don't know what does. 

Edited by bugarup
I had to log into --ing Edge to post. Edge, Carl!
  • Haha 2
  • Hmmm 1

6 hours ago, Gorth said:

You forgot that old woman who likes young men a quarter of her own age, as well as spider woman (if you like girls with legs, she's definitely your thing)

The silly little cat is one of the two cannibals. The other one barely counts, but it does trigger the achievements, so yeah, I forgot her, although outside of Elves and Dwarves, she'll have a hard time consorting with anyone her actual age... :p

The polyamorous option is present in the base game (Kingmaker) and they are surprisingly chill and friendly. The "secret" romance, though, is "why...".

Edited by Hawke64
The forum ate the spoiler tag.
  • Hmmm 1

On 10/11/2022 at 2:42 AM, Gorth said:

This game sounds fantastic, I dont much about Pathfinder and that includes the Romance arcs

I just want to know if you can Romance the succubus :sweat:

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela