Music: Sharing and Listening - The music is not in the notes, but in the silence between

xzar_monty

A version that doesn't spoil anything from the movie. >.>
I need to buy this soundtrack (in Telugu), assuming I can somewhere.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

On 11/11/2022 at 8:54 PM, Gorgon said:

I'm trollin', and also testing to see if the video posting behind EU cookie rules works now. 

If you're going to post Despacito, atleast make it the metal Despacito!

• Like 1

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

An oldie from my favourite Faeroese songbird. I know she's a classically trained soprano, but I'm just impressed by what she can do with her voice (and play the guitar at the same time)

• Like 1

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Some folk rock to pep y'all for the eve :)

• Like 1

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

I was going to say that Ritchie Blackmoore looks pretty worn out, but then I realized the guy is 77. Where did all the time go? 

edit: For clarification, I meant his guest appearance in the above video, not this one from 2006. :p

Edited by majestic
  • Like 2

No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering.

12 hours ago, majestic said:

And, if any of you want to develop ear cancer for some reason:

My first thought was "it's hard to believe this sort of thing exists in the same universe that I occupy". Thing is, I was already coming to this thread to post the following video that I had the same exact thought about, even though it's from a totally different end of the spectrum.

I think yours is admittedly more effective as ear cancer, though.

Edited by Bartimaeus
  • Gasp! 1

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

What in the everblazing fires of hell... no, no, no. Nope. I'm going back to listening to µ's.

edit: Hard to believe there's music out there that makes Love Live!'s µ's sound genuinely good.

Edited by majestic
  • Hmmm 1

Just imagine what it sounds like without the music, which is how it was originally delivered. Hard disagree on the song you just posted, though: couldn't make it very far into that one. At least the Tamura video I could watch all of, embarrassing as it was.

Edited by Bartimaeus
watched -> watch
  • Hmmm 1

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

Meh, Rammstein is busy touring the world (everywhere except down under) 😢

Since they're not creating any new songs while touring, I just have to find the second best thing. Rammstein covers 😂

• Like 1

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

On 11/19/2022 at 12:19 PM, Bartimaeus said:

Just imagine what it sounds like without the music, which is how it was originally delivered. Hard disagree on the song you just posted, though: couldn't make it very far into that one. At least the Tamura video I could watch all of, embarrassing as it was.

It's a pity that Bandai Namco had the great live version of Dancing Stars On Me removed from YouTube, that was my go-to µ's song whenever I wanted to show off how bad music could get. Still, I'd rather listen to START DASH than that Husband Calling Rock edition thing. That made my eardrums bleed, although I suspect that was the original intention of the contest. :p 

1 hour ago, majestic said:

Still, I'd rather listen to START DASH than that Husband Calling Rock edition thing. That made my eardrums bleed, although I suspect that was the original intention of the contest. :p 

I've listened to it like ten times. It's the worst thing I've ever heard, but it's also the best, and that matters more. I hope you listened to enough of it so you could hear her making the literal pig oinking sounds.

1 hour ago, majestic said:

It's a pity that Bandai Namco had the great live version of Dancing Stars On Me removed from YouTube

The world was made a better place with its absence, :p.

Edited by Bartimaeus
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Bartimaeus said:

I've listened to it like ten times. It's the worst thing I've ever heard, but it's also the best, and that matters more. I hope you listened to enough of it so you could hear her making the literal pig oinking sounds.

I did. Listen to the entire thing. I get too, sometimes, where I listen to terrible music on repeat because I can't stop, but that is very much not the case with the Husband Calling.

Reminded me of the end of the skype laughter chain video.

Does get a little fake at the end there.

Wait, on topic? What? Right.

HYOSTLE REMIX!

• Gasp! 1

6 minutes ago, majestic said:

Does get a little fake at the end there.

At the end? Except for the baby, what about the beginning...and the middle? That was completely intolerable, :p.

• Haha 1