Music: Sharing and Listening - The music is not in the notes, but in the silence between

xzar_monty

Wrong thread.

Edited by Malcador

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

On 8/22/2022 at 11:30 AM, ShadySands said:

Putting out fires at work

have always liked billy joel. not top ten or anything, but we rare dislike a billy joel tune.

another song from k-tel's 1980 rock album, one o' our favorite 8-tracks.

HA! Good Fun!

• Like 2

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

Just to say,  this is still ... well, "genius" is far too generous a word, but comically and darkly relatable. I often put it on repeat for a day as a weird sort of reminder/motivator that for quite a while now, most of the time, the "internet" puts me in a worse mood than before, for a myriad of reasons.  Hubby kept remarking "You must have been on the 'net today" because apparently I'd always get extra cranky or misanthrope-y etc, haha.  I largely stay off the 'net now, except for occasional streaming-TV/YouTube short skit binges.  And this forum.  😛

Anyway, the song is also simply catchy and carnival like or something and I like it.  Edit: should probably say there's some language.

Edited by LadyCrimson
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Some classical music for a change...

• Like 1

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

A bit of 80's nostalgia...

• Like 4

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

I actually knew Jon from his collaborations with Vangelis before I heard Yes

Edit: That was a decade and a half before the internet

Ah, Ronnie James Dio. Good stuff 😁

8 hours ago, xzar_monty said:

Amazing to think that the Yes of Fragile and Close to the Edge went and wrote Owner of a Lonely Heart. Which is a great song.

am feeling no need to apologize for enjoying 90125, big generator and talk. 

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

14 hours ago, Gromnir said:

am feeling no need to apologize for enjoying 90125, big generator and talk.

Surely there's nothing to apologize for. 90125 is mostly very good. Yes is a great band. Heck, even the first non-Jon album Drama is excellent. The synth sounds are a bit cheesy, but the songwriting is first rate.

Edited by xzar_monty

An old song by my favourite Faeroese songbird

• Like 2