Music: Sharing and Listening - The music is not in the notes, but in the silence between

xzar_monty

Hey @Azdeus, you know, I thought Dr. Bombay was hilarious even if 'slightly' racist. Smile was just offensive, but since I've browsed through the comments and that seems to have been a huge hit in one of the Dance Dance Revolution games who I am to be offended when those that it should offend be are not?

Basshunter is just an embarassment. However, I have just discovered something that is so far beyond everything that I can only compare it with a train wreck. I know I should not, but I just cannot stop watching.

They also have a 'live' performance of this travesty on their channel, which is even worse, in spite of being 100% playback. How, you ask? Well, you could put actual women on stage and give them highly uncanny, super creepy anime costumes with masks that look like they were left over from a Japanese remake of Saw.

I WANT TO PLAY A GAME.

I am going to quote Rainbow's Stargazer here:

Time is standing still
He gave back my will
My eyes are bleeding
And my heart is leaving here

Edited by majestic
  • Haha 1

No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering.

1 hour ago, majestic said:

Hey @Azdeus, you know, I thought Dr. Bombay was hilarious even if 'slightly' racist. Smile was just offensive, but since I've browsed through the comments and that seems to have been a huge hit in one of the Dance Dance Revolution games who I am to be offended when those that it should offend be are not?

Basshunter is just an embarassment. However, I have just discovered something that is so far beyond everything that I can only compare it with a train wreck. I know I should not, but I just cannot stop watching.

They also have a 'live' performance of this travesty on their channel, which is even worse, in spite of being 100% playback. How, you ask? Well, you could put actual women on stage and give them highly uncanny, super creepy anime costumes with masks that look like they were left over from a Japanese remake of Saw.

I WANT TO PLAY A GAME.

I am going to quote Rainbow's Stargazer here:

Caramelldansen is a Swedish treasure, it is glorious and I will defend it until my dying breath. Well. The original, Caramell, not the travesty that is Caramella girls. And to prove my point, that EVERYTHING is better in metal;

😄

• Like 1

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

14 minutes ago, Azdeus said:

Caramelldansen is a Swedish treasure, it is glorious and I will defend it until my dying breath. Well. The original, Caramell, not the travesty that is Caramella girls. And to prove my point, that EVERYTHING is better in metal;

The original is fine Eurodance/Europop, so of course it is great. :yes: 

And Little V is hilarious. I think I linked his Venga Boys cover a while back.

• Like 1

On 12/29/2022 at 7:19 AM, ShadySands said:

suspicious-dog.gif

the late 80s were not a time when we were listening to pop music, but we do recall caribbean queen by billy ocean. how many variations did he do? is there also a bolivian queen? maybe an unreleased bootleg ulaanbaatar queen

HA! Good Fun!

• Haha 1

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

37 minutes ago, majestic said:

The original is fine Eurodance/Europop, so of course it is great. :yes: 

And Little V is hilarious. I think I linked his Venga Boys cover a while back.

Well, you gave me a perfect reason to link to more of his content, so well done us 😄

I do remember some fond memories of when the nightcore song was first released though, we did that dance on many birthdays and parties, it was quite fun 😅

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

50 minutes ago, Gromnir said:

suspicious-dog.gif

the late 80s were not a time when we were listening to pop music, but we do recall caribbean queen by billy ocean. how many variations did he do? is there also a bolivian queen? maybe an unreleased bootleg ulaanbaatar queen

HA! Good Fun!

Only other version that I know of lol

• Like 1

Free games updated 3/4/21

@Keyrock it's not that it's bad... it just feels like he's a bit out of his league (after listening through it)...

The original

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

11 hours ago, Gorth said:

@Keyrock it's not that it's bad... it just feels like he's a bit out of his league (after listening through it)...

The original

Nobody sings it quite like Ian Gillan, but I thought that gentleman did a pretty good job.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Reading the comments is painful. Swedish weebs are weak! :p

Either that, or the joke is too good. It's a bunch of random Japanese strung together to sound like the original. Being able to speak Swedish apparently makes it so that the Japanese misheard lyrics can be misheard back to Swedish with an accent. What a glorious find this turned out to be. :wub:

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, majestic said:

Reading the comments is painful. Swedish weebs are weak! :p

Either that, or the joke is too good. It's a bunch of random Japanese strung together to sound like the original. Being able to speak Swedish apparently makes it so that the Japanese misheard lyrics can be misheard back to Swedish with an accent. What a glorious find this turned out to be. :wub:

As a Swede I can confirm that it does sound like Swedish with an exaggerated Japanese accent, the joke is too good. The intro part sounds a bit weird, but after that it really does sound like Swedish, the refrain is especially good compared to the rest 😄

• Like 1

This may be lost on most of my fellow forumites, but it was a regular "guest" on the radio in my childhood home... (I gave up finding a HQ recording of the song)

Edit: The tune is from an old Russian song, but with (obviously) different lyrics

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

On 1/7/2023 at 12:50 PM, Gorth said:

Funny thing is, reaching that high A seems to be a lot easier for him than it is for Gillan, but in terms of emotion, delivery and all that, he definitely is out of his league. He performs the song well, as a technical exercise, but he's got no depth.

The world is full of better singers than Leonard Cohen, but you just try and sing one of his songs better than he does...

a couple from robbie robertson

and

HA! Good Fun!

• Like 2

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

@majestic

rathergood has variations we has posted a few times over the years

viking kittens is probable the best known, but...

WARNING: sweary

Spoiler

and

etc.

am not sure why we chuckle at such stuff, but there it is.

HA! Good Fun!

• Haha 1

what is kinda strange is that the rathergood riff on gay bar is far more tame than the actual official released video, which am also having posted

HA! Good Fun!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Malcador said:

While the original Comic Bakery loader had some excellent music, I do like what Instant Remedy did with the song (play it loud!)...