Music: Sharing and Listening - The music is not in the notes, but in the silence between

xzar_monty

had the original shorty long version on 45

'cause am old.

HA! Good Fun!

• Like 1

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

I'm not a Bruce Springsteen fan (I don't dislike him, I just really don't know anything about him or his music), but the old man himself?... always worth a listen 😎🎸

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

On 9/1/2022 at 11:10 AM, xzar_monty said:

One of my all-time favourite musical pieces. Mathematical, haunting, beautiful, hell to play, at least on the drums, at least for me (starts with 17/16 with the hands on top of 4/4 on the bass drum).

I had the pleasure of seeing King Crimson last year. Great show!!

I also had the opportunity to see Adrian Belew (who's lead guitar here) with Jerry Harrison cover the Talking Heads album 'Remain in the Light' with the band Turkuaz. Beyond phenomenal show and definitely one of the best sets I've ever seen (blew David Byrne's show (which I saw in 2018) out of the water).

If you have the opportunity to see Adrian, go see him! Especially if you can do it when he's playing with Jerry Harrison. They're still occasionally covering this album.

Full concert:

https://archive.org/details/turkuaz2021-07-03.travitz.litz.schoepsCMC64v.flac16

3 hours ago, Valsuelm said:

I had the pleasure of seeing King Crimson last year. Great show!!

If you have the opportunity to see Adrian, go see him! Especially if you can do it when he's playing with Jerry Harrison. They're still occasionally covering this album.

I saw King Crimson close to 20 years ago, and they were indeed great. Adrian Belew is unlikely to come to Northern Europe anytime soon and I'm unlikely to travel to see him, but if the opportunity arises, of course I'll go. I once did a long interview with him; he's wonderfully articulate and extremely personable.

I think the following is one of his best solo compositions. It started as several, in fact, but after failing to finish them satisfactorily he decided to put the best bits of each together. The result is excellent. Interesting tuning, too!

• Like 1

On 10/5/2022 at 2:35 AM, xzar_monty said:

I saw King Crimson close to 20 years ago, and they were indeed great. Adrian Belew is unlikely to come to Northern Europe anytime soon and I'm unlikely to travel to see him, but if the opportunity arises, of course I'll go. I once did a long interview with him; he's wonderfully articulate and extremely personable.

I think the following is one of his best solo compositions. It started as several, in fact, but after failing to finish them satisfactorily he decided to put the best bits of each together. The result is excellent. Interesting tuning, too!

Is the interview posted anywhere? I'd love to read/watch it.

In related news, i seems that Adrian is in the Zeitgeist this week. Someone posted this earlier today on another music forum I follow.

This is the first proshot I've been able to find of Jerry Harrison & Adrian Belew's Remain in Light set. fresh from this last weekend's Hardly Strictly Bluegrass festival in San Francisco.

This is a phenomenally fun set imo. I ended up taking a long lunch and danced my ass off (working from home has it's benefits). Happy Friday!!

HA! Good Fun!

• Like 1

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

I love the lyrics of this song. This is also great fun to play. The atmospheric intro (in five) is superb. Also, this is the only instance where I have seen anyone combine the metaphors of the "short straw" and "clutching at straws". I love it, I think it's very clever.

Edited by xzar_monty

11 hours ago, ShadySands said:

Someone should put that in a Star Trek movie or two 

"is that classical music?"

"yes doctor, it would seem to be."

HA! Good Fun!

These guys are coming to Brisbane next year... seriously considering getting tickets for their show

• Like 1

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Heavy Metal Kibbles... for those days when you need that extra Meow!!!

35 minutes ago, majestic said:

Perfect bliss, and not even Scooter!

You're so going to be put on some human rights watch list! 😖

Not all that bad a cover

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

5 hours ago, Gorth said:

You're so going to be put on some human rights watch list! 😖

B-b-b-b-but if I wanted to post a human rights violation, I'd post this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SWhT6oze9RI

Yeah, it cannot be embedded, so just, like, click on it. A wonderful song by a group called HOMOFÜRST (literal translation either homo-prince or Prince of Homos, i.e. Prince of Gays).

Anyway, this should be more your thing:

No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering.

1 hour ago, majestic said:

B-b-b-b-but if I wanted to post a human rights violation, I'd post this:

Know this truth - you have driven me to this.

• Haha 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

37 minutes ago, majestic said:

I have no idea what y'all's issue with Electric Callboy is. Did you turn the song off before the intro was over? :p

I could have sworn I posted an Electric Callboy video not long ago, but now i can't find my post. Maybe it was in the previous thread 🤔

Anyway, this one has enough blood, gore and deaths in it to appeal to my inner Scandinavian (at the risk of sounding like I'm Rick Rolling people, watch it to the end...)