What You've Done Today - Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today.

majestic

9 hours ago, Gfted1 said:

Walk...18 miles...per day?! Hard pass. :lol:

Seriously though, it looks beautiful and its interesting to see the padlock-on-a-fence thing is multi-national.

we hate it here btw :) (that padlock thingy. city is spending bunch of cash to remove them each year)

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

36 minutes ago, ShadySands said:

Spent the day looking at electric vehicles.

Sweet! I don't imagine I will buy a gas car again. The Ford Mach-E is probably my favorite out now, but there are a ton of other good choices.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ShadySands said:

The frontrunner is actually the Mustang Mach-E after all the test drives we've done. Elon Musk has kinda put me off Tesla but it's still an option. Lucid and a bunch of others are more than I'm looking to spend.

Shady dont be one of " those " people, buy a Tesla if its the right car...dont let your personal views on Musk cloud commonsense :thumbsup:

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

I remember Price Club/Costco had these heavy/dense "NY style" cheesecakes that weighed maybe 4 pounds (maybe they still do, dunno). Toss it in the freezer and have a slice a couple times a day for a while.  *drool*

I tell ya, if I ever get tired of life/get some terminal disease, since I already have T2D, I won't need a "Dr. Kevorkian", I'm just gonna sugar-carb orgy myself to a coma/death. :shifty:

Edited by LadyCrimson
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

trader joes has popular cheesecake, but in sacramento, am recommending corti brothers.

even if corti brothers is a bit distant, am suggesting making the trip at least once as they have a fantastic deli, excellent meats (if you don't have a favorite butcher) as well as numerous specialty items.

HA! Good Fun!

ps is worth reading the la times article at the linked page. as an aside, when asked where one might find the best deli sandwiches in town, corti brothers gets frequent mentions, so consider stopping by during less than peak hours and ordering a sandwich or two. 

Edited by Gromnir

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

He's been hospitalized for a couple of days now after the tumor grew large enough to push against his small intestine. He previously had a gallbladder stent inserted, he's currently fed through a tube and underwent intestinal bypass surgery, but that probably isn't going to help much. Actually not entirely sure that he'll be able to leave the hospital (well, alive, that is, but the post is morbid enough without mentioning it directly - oh, wait ;().

Tumor resisted any and all attempts to reduce its size to an operable level. It's terrifyingly aggressive, even for pancreatic cancer, but such is the nature of the beast. :(

• Sad 11

No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering.

Ah that sucks, majestic.

• Sad 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I decided to address the one thing I don't like about my Glock (I love everything else, including the square chunky design), the trigger pull. No surprise, Glocks are notorious for their trigger pulls. Originally, I was just going to do the 25¢ trigger job, but I figured, since I'll be taking the gun fully apart anyway, why not replace the trigger connector? While shopping for a 3.5 lbs Zev Pro connector I noticed that a spring kit that included said connector was not much more expensive. Long story short, the 25¢ trigger job turned into a $30.25 trigger job, replacing the trigger connector (lighter), trigger spring (heavier), firing pin spring (lighter), and firing spring safety spring (lighter). I still polished everything as in a 25¢ trigger job. This should definitely lighten the trigger pull a bit, hopefully it also makes it less mushy. I'll find out Saturday.

Edited by Keyrock
  • Like 2

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

5 hours ago, ShadySands said:

One of my dogs tore her ACL

so, she is on the PUP list? 

regardless, am hopeful she just needs deal with a bit o' a limp and perhaps a severe diminished frisbee/ball catch radius. 

good luck.

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

My hands/thumbs etc. have been doing pretty good for a while. eg, I can wash dishes and the like no problem. They're still stiff/weak but the "trigger" thumbs issue went away, at least if I'm careful and seriously minimize any repetitive or gripping hand tasks. But too many hours per day of KB/mouse gaming(especially vs. controller) starts to mess that up again. Which is what I did all week (gaming). So I have to take a break, from everything, again, I guess. So here is my emotional state re: trying to stay hands-inactive again, for today, and probably the next several days, in cat pics, because that's what I do.

funny-cat-pics-im-bored-amuse-me.jpg

c277043168b6ee4ffb2957dd313d4e59.jpg

872276176_c36c5f268c_z-640x428.jpg

2glah-cat-sleeping-on-couch.jpg

Edited by LadyCrimson
  • Like 2
  • Sad 3
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I went to the shooting range this morning and I can now declare my $30.25 trigger job a success. First, and most importantly, there were no misfires or double fires. Zev Technologies is a reputable company, but I was still nervous right after installing aftermarket parts into my firearm. My accuracy wasn't the greatest, but I expected that, given that I had just gotten used to the stock trigger pull on the Glock 40 and now I have a different trigger pull I need to get accustomed to. It definitely felt better, that's for sure. Somebody in Austria must really like a heavy and mushy trigger because Glock keeps making them like that, I'm not a fan. I would by no means classify the new trigger pull as a "hair trigger" but it's significantly lighter and a little less mushy. I have no empirical data whatsoever to back this up, but the new trigger pull felt about 20 - 25% lighter than stock. In the long run, once I squeeze off another 100 or 200 rounds, I think this will improve my accuracy; at worst it will be a net-zero.

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Shouldn't play 7 Days today but hubby's not here (went down south) again and I made a new map I want to muck around in.
Velcro strips to the rescue! ...and I wonder why I'm falling apart, ignoring "stuff" sometimes. Pffft.  😛

...on the bright side, the elliptical is working out great. Knees/hips/lower back are feeling a lot less weak/stiff. Doesn't seem to build/strengthen thigh muscles as much/fast as bicycling - but I'll take it. I only have it on moderate resistance, tho. Unlike youth-bicycling where I was always "lower gears? there are other gears?" HAHA. The "delicate" girls made fun of my huge bike-thighs when I wore shorts, back then. :(

---side note: HAHA has only one more letter than LOL.  Or if one was lazy you'd just use HA or HAH. See, us old timers used capital letter stuff too! ... they just weren't always an acronym. Sometimes I'm on the net and have no idea what the kids are abbreviating, new ones seem to appear at the rate of a dozen every week.

Got myself a new bicycle. Now I just need a pump to inflate the tires!

I haven't had a car since I lived in Denmark and no plans to get one. I will get a motorcycle again at some point.

For now I need something to help me get around locally. When I moved in late March, I lost access to a nearby gym when moving and the closest 24/7 gyms here are a 30 minute walk away. Just too much time spending a full hour in the evenings getting there and back again. And I do miss visiting a gym a few times week. Not because I like gyms, but I like the results of visiting them. I need to beat some shape into this frail old body, as I can already feel it deteriorating, getting soft and flabby (it's 6 months since I stopped in the old gym now).

• Like 3

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Two Wednesdays ago, while driving back from a delivery in Union, SC, I got stopped for an inspection at the weigh station near King's Mountain, NC. No problem, the level 2 inspection was clean and that means money in my pocket as my company pays me $25 for a clean level 2 inspection and $50 for a clean level 3 inspection. It's not cash, it's a gift card to Walmart, but that's just as good as cash in my case, as I have a Walmart 5 minutes from where I live that I frequent.

Today I was driving back from a trailer move to Spartanburg, SC and I got stopped for an inspection at the same weigh station. In fact, it was the same officer that inspected me last time. I told him "you inspected me less than 2 weeks ago, but I'm happy as a clam to get inspected again." His reply was "your face does look familiar." Anyway, he inspected me again and it was another clean level 2.

When I got back to the terminal I collected another gift card from my terminal manager. We were shooting the $#!+ and as I was getting ready to leave I told him that with any luck I'd be back for a 3rd gift card on Thursday. He though for a second then said "that's right, you're going to Union and right past that same weigh station on the way back." Fingers crossed.:p

• Like 2

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

54 minutes ago, Keyrock said:

Two Wednesdays ago, while driving back from a delivery in Union, SC, I got stopped for an inspection at the weigh station near King's Mountain, NC. No problem, the level 2 inspection was clean and that means money in my pocket as my company pays me $25 for a clean level 2 inspection and $50 for a clean level 3 inspection. It's not cash, it's a gift card to Walmart, but that's just as good as cash in my case, as I have a Walmart 5 minutes from where I live that I frequent.

Today I was driving back from a trailer move to Spartanburg, SC and I got stopped for an inspection at the same weigh station. In fact, it was the same officer that inspected me last time. I told him "you inspected me less than 2 weeks ago, but I'm happy as a clam to get inspected again." His reply was "your face does look familiar." Anyway, he inspected me again and it was another clean level 2.

When I got back to the terminal I collected another gift card from my terminal manager. We were shooting the $#!+ and as I was getting ready to leave I told him that with any luck I'd be back for a 3rd gift card on Thursday. He though for a second then said "that's right, you're going to Union and right past that same weigh station on the way back." Fingers crossed.:p

What do you mean by weigh inspection, is this weight of the cargo? Do they do that so you dont unnecessarily damage the roads and what happens if you over the weight, whats the difference between level 2&3 inspection?

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

30 minutes ago, BruceVC said:

What do you mean by weigh inspection, is this weight of the cargo? Do they do that so you dont unnecessarily damage the roads and what happens if you over the weight, whats the difference between level 2&3 inspection?

Weigh stations are there to make sure that commercial vehicles are obeying the states' weight restrictions, namely bridge laws. Commercial vehicle inspections, often referred to as "roadside inspections" can occur anywhere (hence "roadside"), but are often conducted at weigh stations where everyone involved is safely away from highway traffic. A level 2 inspection is a simple walkaround where the officer quickly inspects your tires, brakes, lights, and keeps an eye out for obvious issues. Also your paperwork is checked. A level 3 inspection is much more thorough. It involves everything in a level 2 plus opening the engine compartment, going under the truck and trailer, and is much more time consuming.

Edited by Keyrock
  • Like 1

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

Wonder if they ever get any sovereign citizens refusing to comply with the inspection

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

1 hour ago, Malcador said:

Wonder if they ever get any sovereign citizens refusing to comply with the inspection

I'm sure someone has been dumb enough to refuse and try to take off. Granted, you'd have a head start, but I bet that cruiser would catch up to you real quick, especially if you were running heavy. That seems like a sure-fire way of getting put out of service, having your CDL suspended, and becoming unhirable in the eyes of any reputable transportation company.

Slightly off-topic: Someone needs to make a Papers Please style game about a border patrol inspector in modern day "alternate history" Murica inspecting trucks near the border for illegal immigrants, drugs, contraband, etc.

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸