Ukraine Conflict - Das Himmelfahrtskommando

Mamoulian War

would it mean we would be buying barrel of oil for barrel of rubles?

• Haha 1

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

8 hours ago, BruceVC said:

I dont know, I really respect people who are prepared to leave the safety and comfort of a first world country and travel to another country to fight tyranny and warmongering of someone like Putin. He is prepared to die for this cause. We can admire that a little 🇨🇦

Not really, he almost seems like the stereotype of a soldier that likes killing. Did like his quote that he won't be "treated like a conscript", heh

Useful and all, but I am not going to care all that much if he dies.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

16 minutes ago, Lexx said:

Smart. I wonder if this will work out.

For short term it may help prevent ruble from crashing, but it means that Russia loses it main source of foreign currency, which would mean that their economy has higher risk to crash if they in any point lose their energy export. 

It also increase volatility of their foreign trade as they have less foreign currency to use in case ruble's value drops in some point.

• Thanks 1

Anatoly Chubais left his post as Special Envoy of the President of Russian Federation for Relations with International Organizations and left Russia and no-one saw Shojgu for like 2 weeks. Maybe cards are starting to fall?

Edited by Chilloutman
  • Like 2

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

18 minutes ago, Darkpriest said:

I wonder if people will be crying that these bio males are mistreated or that the martial law should be extended to cover also young, childless women to stay and support war effort. (in the spirit of equal rights) 

https://www.zerohedge.com/geopolitical/ukraine-blocks-trans-women-refugees-they-are-men-must-go-back-fight

I don't understand why it doesn't cover childless women. I mean, if it is an all hands on deck emergency, why is it just the men? My wife is a better shot than I am.

If it is about families, why aren't single dads exempt? 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Another big blow to Russian "special operations"

Allegedly their biggest tank manufacturer, who is also a biggest tank manufacturer in the world, has become victim of western "special economic operations" and had to stop manufacturing tanks, due to lack of tech parts required to build them.

https://defence--ua-com.translate.goog/news/jedinij_u_rf_virobnik_tankiv_uralvagonzavod_zupiniv_robotu_cherez_brak_komplektujuchih-6556.html?fbclid=IwAR09GfZH-VnHWXiTGEgQQaDHXhxAseotNG46Tg8NrZpZvRY14Gtlfwwdw7s&_x_tr_sl=auto&_x_tr_tl=en&_x_tr_hl=en&_x_tr_pto=wapp

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

7 hours ago, Darkpriest said:

I wonder if people will be crying that these bio males are mistreated or that the martial law should be extended to cover also young, childless women to stay and support war effort. (in the spirit of equal rights) 

https://www.zerohedge.com/geopolitical/ukraine-blocks-trans-women-refugees-they-are-men-must-go-back-fight

It's not really the time to go and full on criticize at the moment, since they're at war and the law is in place. It'll come though.

7 hours ago, Hurlsnot said:

I don't understand why it doesn't cover childless women. I mean, if it is an all hands on deck emergency, why is it just the men? My wife is a better shot than I am.

If you're a Swedish citizen, or if you are a resident in Sweden ( @Pidesco In case you don't know this ), between 16 and 70, it's your duty to take part of our total defence if war comes. Conscription for Swedish citizens 18-48. Not matter your gender identity.

• Like 4

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

4 hours ago, Azdeus said:

If you're a Swedish citizen, or if you are a resident in Sweden ( @Pidesco In case you don't know this ), between 16 and 70, it's your duty to take part of our total defence if war comes. Conscription for Swedish citizens 18-48. Not matter your gender identity.

This is a rather abrupt change from Sweden's very recent military policy, which essentially didn't exist. Good for Sweden, though.

A Swedish friend of mine pointed out that Sweden has been extraordinarily naive in military (and some other) matters. At least part of it is probably due to the fact that for Sweden, WW2 was not a war but a business opportunity: no fighting, but an awful lot of iron sold to the nazis for extremely good money. This helped create a culture of complacency.

Sweden is probably still expecting Denmark to invade them some day, for a repeat of the Stockholm Bloodbath. Denmark has conscription too (at least they had when I was a young Dane). I got picked for civil defense duty, not the military. Most likely enemy we were going to face were East German and Polish armies.

As for the current war, not sure there is a lot to negotiate about at the moment, as I doubt Putin himself knows what he wants... since he obviously can't have what he originally wanted and doesn't seem to have a plan b

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

16 hours ago, Hurlsnot said:

why is it just the men?

Reproductive replaceability. 

1 hour ago, Gorth said:

As for the current war, not sure there is a lot to negotiate about at the moment, as I doubt Putin himself knows what he wants... since he obviously can't have what he originally wanted and doesn't seem to have a plan b

Pretty sure we are at plan C by now but that doesn't mean he has no objectives.
Even if Ukraine cannot be subjugated on this occasion there is always the long run. 

Take Chechnia for example.
They have won their first war with Russia and it still did them little good in the end.

6 hours ago, xzar_monty said:

This is a rather abrupt change from Sweden's very recent military policy, which essentially didn't exist. Good for Sweden, though.

A Swedish friend of mine pointed out that Sweden has been extraordinarily naive in military (and some other) matters. At least part of it is probably due to the fact that for Sweden, WW2 was not a war but a business opportunity: no fighting, but an awful lot of iron sold to the nazis for extremely good money. This helped create a culture of complacency.

The Swedish total defence has been that way since 1995. We stopped mandatory conscription in 2008 and replaced it with volounteer military training instead, but you still have to fill in some forms on your 18th birthday so that they can call on you for total defence.

I don't disagree about your friends assessment, the reason being that our politicians are monumentally retarded.

• Like 1

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

1 hour ago, Azdeus said:

I don't disagree about your friends assessment, the reason being that our politicians are monumentally retarded.

But given the state of democracy in Sweden, the blame does not lie entirely on the politicians. After all, all of them were voted in, and the elections were fair.

I am not trying to be clever or cruel, by the way.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9XEqYRH-_n0

This "unsinkable" ship just got destroyed. Very likely thanks to this video, which is showing exactly where that ship is sitting and what they are doing.

Hilarious how incompetent every single branch of the russian side is.

Edited by Lexx
  • Like 2

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

52 minutes ago, Lexx said:

I am not going to go that far, but you might enjoy this: the Russian patriarch Kirill created quite a furore after he was seen wearing an extremely expensive luxury watch. So, the watch was airbrushed out of the photo... but its reflection on the table was not. Like, how amateurish can you get in your attempt to cheat?

More here, including both photos: https://www.nytimes.com/2012/04/06/world/europe/in-russia-a-watch-vanishes-up-orthodox-leaders-sleeve.html

• Haha 3

23 hours ago, Chilloutman said:

Anatoly Chubais left his post as Special Envoy of the President of Russian Federation for Relations with International Organizations and left Russia and no-one saw Shojgu for like 2 weeks. Maybe cards are starting to fall?

There are also credible reports the head of the FSB is under arrest and other top FSB personnel are in hiding and/or attempting to get out of the country.

21 hours ago, Hurlsnot said:

Completely agree about women. If it's equality, then it ought to be true equality, not "equality" where you get to serve in all military positions but get lower physical and other standards to satisfy and don't have to sign up for Selective Service. Keeping my fingers crossed that the Supreme Court will agree.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lexx said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9XEqYRH-_n0

This "unsinkable" ship just got destroyed. Very likely thanks to this video, which is showing exactly where that ship is sitting and what they are doing.

Hilarious for sure, but also very concerning, because it makes Putin more and more dangerous as he could lash out even more out of his desperation. The massive Russian casualty numbers just cannot be hidden or denied anymore. At least 15,000 dead.

https://www.cnbc.com/2022/03/24/putins-invasion-of-ukraine-is-his-biggest-mistake-and-weakens-russia.html