ranDom vIdeO game news

Sarex

On 12/11/2021 at 6:35 AM, MrBrown said:

Apparently this thing got a release date, 11.11.22: https://store.steampowered.com/app/1716740/Starfield/

Wonder how it'll turn out.

Thanks for pointing out the Steam page. We've known the release date as that was part of the reveal back in the summer. But now I can put it on my wishlist.

From what I have been able to gather, the premise of the game appears to be that humanity has advanced far enough in spacefaring technology that we are at a point where we can go anywhere within the solar system pretty easily and routinely. And the game is about us taking the next big step, leaving our star system and traveling to another star system for the first time, something far more challenging and dangerous than what we've become accustomed to. For me, given my academic background and personal interests, that is a truly awesome premise for a game. Sooooo looking forward to it. :)

Finally got out from a rock and saw this

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

2 hours ago, Keyrock said:

Keyrock you have loads of experience in these types of games and you have seen a lot and sometimes it may be difficult to make someone with your overall gaming knowledge " excited " but arent you excited about DY2 ?

The level of detail we get in most trailers about DY2 is brilliant and informative and just adds to what fans like me already know about DY2....its going to be a excellent game in the same way DY1 was an excellent game 

So I can say with sincerity " I am excited about this game "   and its definitely on my "day 1 purchase " like BG3 for sure 

@Wormerine @Lexx@Sarex@Malcador@Theonlygarby@MrBrown@Oner@kanisatha@Mamoulian War and others 

Are you guys excited about DY2 ?

• Thanks 1

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

What is DY2? If it's Dying Light 2, then no. I am not into these kind of games.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

8 hours ago, BruceVC said:

Keyrock you have loads of experience in these types of games and you have seen a lot and sometimes it may be difficult to make someone with your overall gaming knowledge " excited " but arent you excited about DY2 ?

The level of detail we get in most trailers about DY2 is brilliant and informative and just adds to what fans like me already know about DY2....its going to be a excellent game in the same way DY1 was an excellent game 

So I can say with sincerity " I am excited about this game "   and its definitely on my "day 1 purchase " like BG3 for sure 

@Wormerine @Lexx@Sarex@Malcador@Theonlygarby@MrBrown@Oner@kanisatha@Mamoulian War and others 

I wouldn't say I have a lot of experience with zombie games. I played Dead Island, it was meh, I grew to dislike it. I played Zombi-U on the Wii-U (I'm one of the 5 people that bought that console), it was a mediocre game with 1 cool gimmick where inventory was on the controller touch screen so you had to take your eyes off the TV to dig something out of your pack. I played Dying Light and I liked it a lot, it was the game Dead Island should have been. Focusing on movement was a smart decision.

Yes, I am excited for Dying Light 2.

Edited by Keyrock
  • Like 1

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

2 minutes ago, Hurlsnot said:

That trailer for Dying Light 2 stressed me out.

Methinks that's the point. Humans are the real monsters and all that jazz.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

12 hours ago, BruceVC said:

If I ever  play a zombie game, it will be too soon.  I am completely biased, no matter how good the game is, if the main enemy are zombies, I won't play it.

• Sad 1

What a coincidence. Project Zomboid MP beta was released last friday, and thousands of people are hype about it now. Hell, I even rented a dedicated server just so me and co. can play it. 😄

• Like 1

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

Don't think we'll ever get a Dead State 2, but I'd love a similar styled game. Or a similar styled post apoc game.

Closest to DS2 was probably Dead Age 2, which was one of the better spur of the moment purchases I've made in the past year- but it's really not all that similar to Dead State.

• Like 1

I'm not in to zombie games either, although The Last Stand: Aftermath looks interesting, I am considering getting it. Specifically for Dying Light, I watched some streams of it and it's not my type of game, even if we take the zombies out of the equation.

"because they filled mommy with enough mythic power to become a demi-god" - KP

I love everything zombies, but I get you guys - I feel the same way about high aka "poor man's Tolkien" fantasy. :down:

Really liked Dead State, wish there were more of it, also have both Dead Ages, might give them a try around Christmas if I'm ever able to unglue myself from "Kenshi".

...now when I think, I probably own every zombie adjacent game on GOG, even ones I kind of don't get, such as Dying Light.  Like, open world parkour, wtf, why did I even buy it...oh, right. Zombies! 🧟‍♂️🧟‍♀️

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2021-12-15-s-t-a-l-k-e-r-2-to-include-metaverse-of-nfts

Oh for ****S sake. Why? Didn't they get the hint from when Ubisoft unlisted their nft bull**** video? 🙄

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

If they are right and they don't affect gameplay, what's the problem ?

Their attempt to calm the jihad.

Edited by Malcador
  • Like 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Well, almost all of my complaints would be summed up by the bottom part of this picture in the same twitter thread;

FGqRjK4VUAAavjx?format=jpg&name=900x900

The problem is that they're enabling it and help in legitimizing these things.

Edited by Azdeus
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 3
  • Gasp! 1

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken