What You've Done Today - But you… have elected… the way of… pain!

Amentep

6 hours ago, Gfted1 said:

Whats the one guy have in his hand, a golf club?

You mean Sting in the last picture? Nothing, it's a design on his tights, it does look like he's holding a cane, though. :lol:

• Like 1

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

I was just looking at one of those 2D -> 3D image picture books with my nieces, and I guess I looked at it too long because now I can't get the 3D effect to stop completely even when I'm looking at normal stuff, and it's disorienting and giving me a headache. Someone turn it off!

• Gasp! 3

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

13 hours ago, Bartimaeus said:

I was just looking at one of those 2D -> 3D image picture books with my nieces, and I guess I looked at it too long because now I can't get the 3D effect to stop completely even when I'm looking at normal stuff, and it's disorienting and giving me a headache. Someone turn it off!

That sounds cool, I'll swap with you.

• Hmmm 1

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"you're a damned filthy lying robot and you deserve to die and burn in hell." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"I love cheese despite the pain and carnage." - ShadySands

14 minutes ago, KP on top of ZA WARUDO said:

That sounds cool, I'll swap with you.

The book is pretty cool, because it somehow constructs multi-layered 3D spaces out of flat 2D images, but your brain still trying to apply the effect to stuff where it doesn't work at all is not so cool - it doesn't even look neat or interesting, it just made things look a little off and wrong...and almost like I was hallucinating mildly. Not to mention the headache. Neat book, but maybe don't look at all of them in a row and at length like I did. My nieces couldn't figure out how to make the effect work, so I had to look at and describe what each picture contained. You have to focus your eyes like ten to fifteen feet beyond and through where the book actually is even though it's right in front of you, and it can be difficult to force your eyes to not automatically focus on the book instead of beyond it as you're staring through it. It's really bizarre and took me like twenty minutes to figure out how to do it and get it down.

Edited by Bartimaeus
  • Hmmm 1

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

27 minutes ago, Bartimaeus said:

The book is pretty cool, because it somehow constructs multi-layered 3D spaces out of flat 2D images, but your brain still trying to apply the effect to stuff where it doesn't work at all is not so cool - it doesn't even look neat or interesting, it just made things look a little off and wrong...and almost like I was hallucinating mildly. Not to mention the headache. Neat book, but maybe don't look at all of them in a row and at length like I did. My nieces couldn't figure out how to make the effect work, so I had to look at and describe what each picture contained. You have to focus your eyes like ten to fifteen feet beyond and through where the book actually is even though it's right in front of you, and it can be difficult to force your eyes to not automatically focus on the book instead of beyond it as you're staring through it. It's really bizarre and took me like twenty minutes to figure out how to do it and get it down.

I have nothing to do today so that sounds cool for a while. Probably one of those greener on the other side things.

• Like 1

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"you're a damned filthy lying robot and you deserve to die and burn in hell." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"I love cheese despite the pain and carnage." - ShadySands

So it turns out that either my watertubes in the lake has either come undone from their weights, or they aren't buried deep enough to manage a few days with -15C temperature without a snow cover. God****ingdammit!

That said, it's a perfect excuse to use the hot-tub every day, shame it's heated with firewood...

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

2 hours ago, Gfted1 said:

The freshwater to your home is pumped directly from a nearby lake? Thats awesome! You dont need to treat it or anything? Do you have a reservoir somewhere in your house? 

Yupyup, we're spoiled here really. We've got a filter for debris but there's no pollution or such in the lake so no treatment needed. Yeah, I've got two, I can't offhand remember how much they contain though, but they were all spent since we usually leave the taps running a little bit to prevent the pipes in the house from freezing, we've never had the inlet freeze like this before. In all likelyhood it was already frozen down there when we opened the taps in the house and there was already low volumes of water.

• Like 2

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

There's a little spider in one of the corners of our office. It's probably been there over Christmas. It's a really tiny one, regardless, all of these eight legged creatures from Satan's little shop of horrors are creepy, no matter the size, but for the time being it earned a little respite before it's going to be displaced by either myself or, more likely, the cleaning personnel that'll show up at the end of the day. Spider webs sure are impressive constructs, a fly like twenty times the size of the spider got caught in it (no idea where a fly comes from at the end of December to be honest, but that's some bad luck, surviving the winter until now only to be caught in a web) and it's been struggling, trying to get out for a while now. 

In vain. The spider, meanwhile, is just sitting at the edge of the web waiting for the thrashing to die down. It's a pity the spider isn't going to get much out of the catch, but eh, there's still some time, and maybe the cleaners won't be removing the web just yet. 

Edited by majestic

No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering.

27 minutes ago, ComradeYellow said:

Getting my **** together for my new career.

2022 should be a very interesting year if everything falls in place.

C'mon man you gotta give us more than that? What's the new career?

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Update: Huh, the fly won. I thought it was done, it even stopped struggling for a while, now it just broke free and flew off.

The spider is gone too, so no idea what happened. Tsk. Just can't get any decent help these days, huh? Now where's that fly swatter at...

• Like 2

No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering.

1 hour ago, ComradeYellow said:

Getting my **** together for my new career.

2022 should be a very interesting year if everything falls in place.

Yes do tell and the more details the better and congratulations :thumbsup:

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

*looks out the window* - it's been rainy a lot. I like rain. Maybe I should go for an umbrella walk out in it.

*turns on a game modded to rain all the time with some rain and wind video as background noise, instead*

...real life doesn't have (legally accessible) loot around every corner. Also, it's cold out there.

• Haha 1
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

3 minutes ago, Gfted1 said:

The skies opened up over my house last night. I could hear the rain pounding the bedroom windows and roof. Would have been a blizzard had it been cold enough. :lol:

This winter has been the longest I've ever seen snow on the ground without melting. 

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Snow in west TN isn't uncommon. But it seldom lasts much past sunrise and is rarely more than a light cover. I haven't seen a blade of grass in weeks!

Thomas Sowell

5 minutes ago, Guard Dog said:

Snow in west TN isn't uncommon. But it seldom lasts much past sunrise and is rarely more than a light cover. I haven't seen a blade of grass in weeks!

Our winter here has been very much up and down, started well,  then turned and thawed, went freezing cold and it's kept on rollercoasting a bit. Past week has been real cold, the forecast for friday was +7C this morning, now they've tuned it down to +5...

Last night we got whooped in our playoff hockey game. It was 11 PM at night, and those games are only worth he loss of sleep when we win. The tough part was we had played the same team the previous week and lost a very close game 5-4. We were the 6th seed and they were the 3rd, but we figured we could make it  competitive game. We showed up with pretty much the same roster, but they rolled out a short bench with only their good players. There is something called addition by subtraction in hockey. With only 5 guys out on the ice at a time, if they have 1 or 2 weak skaters, it gives us a little room to work with. If all 5 are fast college kids, it can make for a long night. I spent a lot of time skating very hard with little to show for it.

• Sad 1

Talking about bad weather, we have been down the coast since the 21 December or so and its been raining, windy  and overcast basically every single day. We have been coming to our beach cottage for the last 25 years for Xmas and its never been this bad weather so consistently

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Great news, its our first sunny day since the 21st at our beach cottage so I  thought I would take some pictures of the beautiful scenery. The beach photos are taken from the deck outside and its about 6 meters to the beach, its at high tide so you  cant see the real beauty of the rock pools. The entire beach is known as a private beach which  means no shark nets or lifeguards and this area is now deemed a Conservancy by the SA National Parks which means no fishing or catching of any sea creatures like lobster, crayfish, muscles or sea urchins.

Then one of brothers and his wife are at a game reserve about an hour from the beach cottage and they took these animals pics from game drive vehicle, the one photo has a Buffalo hiding in the bushes  

IMG-20211229-WA0001.jpg

IMG-20211229-WA0003.jpg

IMG-20211229-WA0004.jpg

IMG-20211229-WA0005.jpg

20211229_080113.jpg

IMG-20211229-WA0011.jpg

20211229_080105.jpg

20211229_080126.jpg

Edited by BruceVC
  • Like 7

John Milton 

^  I've always wanted to safari and be able to take photos etc. Seems marvelous.

------

So does even highly controlled Type 2 D make you feel cold more? Or is it menopause? Or simply "age"? Whatever it is, when you're used to being cold-tolerant for most of your life, then having it slowly change over 2-3 years, it really sucks.

*58F/14C in my room this morning = socks, heating pad over feet, legwarmers, light sweatjacket (no hood) zipped up to the chin and a knit hat on my head* -- I probably look like some cartoon character

Going to need a couple more PC's as a space heaters.

Edited by LadyCrimson
  • Gasp! 1
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Returned to work after 12 day break, motivation evaporated in about 10 minutes. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

This morning I'm working on my laptop and I keep hearing text messages come in on the phone. I get at least 200 SMS a day for work so I'm not paying much attention. G comes in the room with my phone and says I have like a to of texts. I just laughed and told her she can answer them if she likes. She said she wouldn't know what to say. I said "just make something up".  I told I do that more ofthen than you'd believe! :lol:

So anyway she is flipping through them then comes up to me and gives me a big, passionate kiss... and takes a pic of it. She smiles, walks away and I hear the sound of a SMS being sent.  Who did that one go to I asked. 

"Your ex-wife" she said with a laugh! That WAS funny. But man she does have a serious jealous streak.  

• Haha 3

Thomas Sowell