What are you Playing Now? Games = Life

Amentep

After finally acquiring 100 million gold and defeating 10,000 enemies, I have finished my third playthrough of Fairy Fencer F on PS3. This time, I have unlocked Eryn's Ending, and with it, I have obtained the Platinum Trophy as well :) . I have arrived in final dungeon after just few days of playing, but to get the Platinum, I had to do loads of farming at the Shukesoo's Tower top floor, to get enough gold to get one crazy trophy. It became pretty boring fast so I spent more than 7 months playing the game for one or two hours in a week, while playing other games. If I do not count this grind, the game was fun enough, to play it three times :) .

• Like 1

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

1 hour ago, melkathi said:

We should try Obsidian forum multiplayer MW5. Maybe if we get a lance of us together we'll learn to appreciate AI pilots ;)

i am for it if you want, PM me and we can connect (I got GoG version). but really, I think MWO is just better :)

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

I finished Ys 9 almost a month ago. Great game and as with all the Ys games, you don't have to play the prior games to understand what's going on. Then I replayed the Witcher. And then the Witcher 2. And now I'm on the Witcher 3. I think the first is my favorite despite all the problems.

• Like 2

Lucius Demake. I murdered my entire family as well as the police and priests investigating me for murdering my entire family in the name of Satan. Good times.

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

I've been going through the castle dungeon in SMT V. I'm probably pretty close to the end of it (Audience Chamber), but I'm taking a break from the castle to go through some earlier areas with a guide and rebuild my bank while hopefully finding some blue mitamas along the way. I still have 100K macca, but I had over 200K at one point. I spent a lot of macca fusing up some fairly powerful demons: Hecatoncheires, Cu Chlainn, Queen Medb, Atavaka, Titania, Loup-garou. I'm not sure if any of them will stick around for my end-game party, possibly Titania, Queen Medb, and/or Hecatoncheires, but they're a big upgrade from what I had before.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

The oil refinery bit in SoTR was great, starting off with that stealth section, although I cheesed the AI by making them investigate a growing pile of bodies, and culminating in the last part where Lara decides to become the Terminator complete with ominously raising from water silhouetted by an inferno.

• Like 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

4 minutes ago, Malcador said:

culminating in the last part where Lara decides to become the Terminator complete with ominously raising from water silhouetted by an inferno.

That part was awesome. I'm of the opinion that the less killing the better in a Tomb Raider game, but even I was pumped to go on a murder spree when Lara rose out of the water like that.

• Like 1

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Yeah that was well designed, the whole section of being hunted and on the back foot really makes cutting loose and wasting the mercs all the more satisfying, even if it is less. 

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Currently I'm wrapping up a Divinity Original Sin 2 coop campaign with a couple of friends. I've also just started Pillars of Eternity 2 and I'm loving it. Playing a lot of Civ6 with my friends these days as well. I'm also regularly playing two games that are currently in development and I can't talk about... as well as my own Half-Life mod and any others that release and take my fancy. Phew

• Like 1

And beat the main story in SotTR.  Got my money's worth from it, maybe will go back and replay the previous two as well.  Last boss fight was annoying in how repetitive it was, running around dodging the boss while dealing with irritating adds, bleh. 

Edited by Malcador

16 hours ago, UrbaNebula said:

Currently I'm wrapping up a Divinity Original Sin 2 coop campaign with a couple of friends. I've also just started Pillars of Eternity 2 and I'm loving it. Playing a lot of Civ6 with my friends these days as well. I'm also regularly playing two games that are currently in development and I can't talk about... as well as my own Half-Life mod and any others that release and take my fancy. Phew

I played D:OS2 about 8-9 months ago and it was my first Larian game ....I had only heard mostly good things about Larian studio and one of my brothers and his gaming friends recommend D:OS2 

And I was desperate to enjoy it because of BG3 and my logic says if I dont like the design and mechanics of D:OS2 then its unlikely I will enjoy Larians creation of BG3

But  I can easily say it was one of my top 5 RPG all time. I loved the combat strategies, the companion interaction and their side quests 

And  the narrative was compelling so I now have no unreasonable concerns with  the final version of BG3 

• Hmmm 1

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

I killed the demon king is SMT V, afterward there was a big reveal and a lot of cards were laid on the table.

It now also makes a lot more sense why Amanozako keeps being drawn to my boy Beefstik if you know anything about Japanese mythology. I won't go into any details for spoiler reasons. I'm now in what I assume is the final open-ish area of the game. There's probably a dungeon after this, but I'll find that out in due time.

I'm in heavy planning mode as I'm getting into end-game demon territory and for my end-game demons I like to fuse them from several steps back and level up component demons along the way so that the final demon gets fused with really good stats and skills. I like to start this process several levels before I am able to fuse said end-game demons so that by the time I reach the level necessary the final component demons are ready for fusion. Were I playing on an easier difficulty and going for (presumably) an easier ending, I probably wouldn't need to be as anal about fusing demons (though I still likely would be), but I'm going for the true neutral ending and I assume that's the hardest path, plus I'm on hard difficulty, so I'm trying to build the most OP team possible for the brutal challenges ahead.

Edited by Keyrock

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

3 hours ago, BruceVC said:

I played D:OS2 about 8-9 months ago and it was my first Larian game ....I had only heard mostly good things about Larian studio and one of my brothers and his gaming friends recommend D:OS2 

And I was desperate to enjoy it because of BG3 and my logic says if I dont like the design and mechanics of D:OS2 then its unlikely I will enjoy Larians creation of BG3

But  I can easily say it was one of my top 5 RPG all time. I loved the combat strategies, the companion interaction and their side quests 

And  the narrative was compelling so I now have no unreasonable concerns with  the final version of BG3 

Likewise with me. It was the first time any of us tried a Larian game. My friend and I played it through in coop, then immediately restarted with another friend and we're about to wrap that up. We're considering starting another. In addition, my friend and I are playing through a solo campaign too.

Needless to say, we are ridiculously hyped for BG3, but we're holding out for the full release 😄

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, UrbaNebula said:

Likewise with me. It was the first time any of us tried a Larian game. My friend and I played it through in coop, then immediately restarted with another friend and we're about to wrap that up. We're considering starting another. In addition, my friend and I are playing through a solo campaign too.

Needless to say, we are ridiculously hyped for BG3, but we're holding out for the full release 😄

And dont let anyone reduce your excitement about BG3, Larian has spent much more resources and effort on BG3 because of how important this franchise is  and I trust Sven to deliver. I never play early access  games because I prefer the excitement of not knowing much but I read peoples comments on Steam or Codex which is minor updates

So I am also holding out for final release ....you know what they say " great minds think alike " 

• Like 1

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Finished off Halo Infinite's campaign and immediately uninstalled it. It wasn't bad, but it's like 30 minutes of memorable storytelling at the end and several hours of absolutely nothing leading up to it.

It'll be a good launching off point to make future installments. It feels like they just kind of had to finally make something after years of delays, so they rushed out a small map with a thin story. Year 1's always kind of stunk for Destiny as well. But that's means it's a year off before the meat comes and there's no incentive to do anything until then.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Yeah, controlling four party members would be far too much for me. Fortunately I only play the modern Larian RPGs in co-op which makes it manageable. Even moreso if the Lone Wolf perk from D:OS comes back, but we shall see about that.

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G

There's a mission to wrap up the trilogy in Shadow of the Tomb Raider, so trying to knock off all the DLC missions to unlock it and then I'll put a bow on the game. That mission to return the crab idol to the temple was pretty fun, interesting to see the timing of the flame jets actually does adjust from when you're not in the middle of crossing them (perhaps tied to difficulty ?)

22 hours ago, Tale said:

Finished off Halo Infinite's campaign and immediately uninstalled it.

Never played Halo before, so it is my first one. So far feels like a better Far Cry. Combat seems competently put together, and so far seems to have a decent amount of variety. Difficulty seems tight enough to make tools at player disposal valuable. 

19 hours ago, uuuhhii said:

bg3 looks far too complicated

not sure how long combat would be if a player really consider and try all the crazy thing larian implemented

There is a lot of stuff, yes - core DnD painted over with Larian's D:OS inspired mechanics. Unfortunately, there isn't much to consider as the game is terribly balanced as of now. It's been moving in a right direction but for now it is still - figure out one of couple broken "tactics" in the game, and repeat it over and over again. If balanced properly, think it could be the first RPG with actually decent tactical combat. Tight design has not been Larian's motto - they seem to prioritise meme generation, over coherent gameplay. 😪

On 12/11/2021 at 1:36 PM, the_dog_days said:

I finished Ys 9 almost a month ago. Great game and as with all the Ys games, you don't have to play the prior games to understand what's going on. Then I replayed the Witcher. And then the Witcher 2. And now I'm on the Witcher 3. I think the first is my favorite despite all the problems.

Agree 100%.  Witcher 3 is the only one I didn't finish, it has a bit of the ubisoft/Bethesda problem of a million markers on the map.  Albeit the missions are better, but still my minor OCD can't handle it.... also was a huge problem I had with cyberpunk but I digress.  Witcher 1 is also my favorite

Edited by Theonlygarby

I might be the only person on the planet that likes The Witcher 2 the best of the trilogy. :wowey:

TW1 has the best narrative and collectible nudie cards to boot, but the rhythym game combat is SUPER GARBAGE and the swamp area is worse than cancer.

TW3 is very good but suffers from too much of everything.

I have tried to replay TW1 multiple times. Every time I get to the swamp my brain immediately says "Oh hell no" and that's where it ends. I'm not even going to attempt to replay TW3 because I ain't about to invest another 120 hours in a game I already beat. I've beaten TW2 3 times.

Edited by Keyrock

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

29 minutes ago, Keyrock said:

I might be the only person on the planet that likes The Witcher 2 the best of the trilogy. :wowey:

TW1 has the best narrative and collectible nudie cards to boot, but the rhythym game combat is SUPER GARBAGE and the swamp area is worse than cancer.

TW3 is very good but suffers from too much of everything.

I have tried to replay TW1 multiple times. Every time I get to the swamp my brain immediately says "Oh hell no" and that's where it ends. I'm not even going to attempt to replay TW3 because I ain't about to invest another 120 hours in a game I already beat. I've beaten TW2 3 times.

I do think TW2 had the best combat.  I really missed traps in TW3.  I thought they were fun.