What are you Playing Now? Games = Life

Amentep

26 minutes ago, melkathi said:

And the most important snippet of military history in Battletech and Star Trek is The Alamo.

What was it in Star Trek ?

Edited by Malcador

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

4 hours ago, Malcador said:

The real tragedy is that people still play baseball in the 31s century.

Why so much hate? :(

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

8 hours ago, Mamoulian War said:

Why so much hate? :(

Question is, why not hate.

Grinding along in KBAP, finally unlocked Sheterra.  Really wish I didn't, can't fly over everything.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

So Sekiro folks. Let me know if I got it right, as I am running into DS counter issue - something doesn't work and I don't know if it shouldn't work or my timings are off:

Mechanics as I understand: you hit enemy and you either: reduce his HP - when it reaches 0 you get to finish him off, and the lower to health the easier it is to break his posture, or if he blocks you build up his posture.

Same to you.

Every attack that isn't "red" is blockable but builds up your posture meter. Time it well and you deflect, building up your enemies posture meter. You also usualy don't build up yours nor loose health but not always.

Now: red attacks. Those you can't block. There are three of them.

sweeping attack: this one you have to jump over, and you can then kick enemy for posture buildup.

grab: just sucks - dodge/jump out of the way

stab - you can deflect it, or mikiri counter it. 

Is that all? I striggle with stabs attack - I don't know if I mistake grabs with stabs (especially with spear characters). Sometime mikiri counter is really easy to do, and sometimes I feel it just doesn't trigger. Enemy is doing the stab thingy, I press "B" and my character dodges and gets stabbed. 

37 minutes ago, HoonDing said:

The new Syberia will be out in a week lol

finally something to play

Think it'll be better than 3 ?

Surprised to find out it wasn't running off Unity.

Queueing to get into Final Fantasy XIV early access. If game runs fine once I get in I'll probably put up with the queues, if it just crashes/disconnects all the time I"ll probably just go back to playing something else. Forza Horizon, most likely.

• Thanks 1

Have dragons in KBAP...after losing almost my entire army to get them (bad decision I guess).  I like the red ones, the AoE is more practical than the line attack.  Conquered Verona easily enough with them, not running any ranged units although I should get Priests and Inquisitors as I am a Paladin.  Fun game though, sunk 25 hours into this and not done yet.

I have to jump to an industrial hub and fix up some of my 50-55 ton mechs I salvaged. And possibly buy something heavier.

Missions are starting to get seriously rough.

I blame baseball. That mission arc dropped me in the middle of a Steiner - Marik conflict and missions have gone from difficulty rating 20 to 48

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

Clearly.

The funny thing is, all the missions you do for the baseball guy, the regimental team you were supposed to sabotage actually ends up playing better out of determination and has increased fan support.

• Haha 1

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

I have continued (for now) to ignore Guardians of the Galaxy in favor of Dysmantle - the latter has sucked me in quite a bit. It's not some uber game but it does hit all the little notes for obsessive but casual gameplay that I like, and is not a major enemy-fest like typical ARPG's. It's a great game for wasting 2-3 hours at a time with.

What Dysmantle is not:
--a base builder. There is no base building.
--linear/concrete directives/goals outside of the loose "story" main quest
--a true survival game, ala hunger, thirst, severe conditions you have to survive. Foods just gives you a perm. bonus first time you cook them, after that they heal HP if you cook at a stove vs. the camp/rest sites, so they are like after-combat heals. Heat/cold are a factor but you just craft and put on items to deal with it and that's it.
--there are what I would call perks you can choose from that give bonuses, when you level, but there is no "chr. build" skills type stuff
--there is no real penalty for dying repeatedly. At first you drop a corpse holding any loot, then later a perk makes even that not occur.

What Dysmantle is:
--a giant map you get to explore/expose at your leisure, looking for all the little things and doing the minor quests here and there.
--the obsessive collector/hoarder dream.
--things you can whack (and thus level of materials you can gather) depend on weapon type and weapon dmg (upgrading weapons is paramount)
--most combat/enemies are easy, but the occasional "story" or side boss can be tough to do without dying if you're not stellar at dodging/strafing.
--there are side quests/discoveries that include small tombs/puzzles or defensive challenges that are simple but often deadly. So far I've mostly avoided them, I'll go back to them later. There are these "timed loot boxes" scattered around that took me ages to figure out how to get them to open....
--a strange mixture of 98% casual/relaxing and 2% "wtf this is impossible, get the f outta here"

Edit: I'm not sure it has much replay value, since it's not a randomized world, but the first time through it will take quite some time if you like it, a great time-waster, and well worth the $14 I spent ($20 if not on sale).

Edited by LadyCrimson
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

In Mech Warrior news:

I bought a 70 ton heavy Archer and a 60 ton Tunderbolt mech. I can now deploy about 240 tons worth of mechs, while the highest deployment allowance I have encountered wit my current missions is 270 tons. Of course being 30 tons below the limit was painful and my Wolverine will spend 2 months in refit and repair.

In Troubleshooter news:

I am waiting for Monday's update to get new missions. Played the story content I hadn't played yet and really enjoyed the missions. The Giselle + Ray missions was very tense and worked out perfectly out of complete, sheer luck. Thunderbolt (the unique Tima from the white tiger gang that Giselle tamed, not the mech form Mech Warrior 5) somehow got an immortality buff, so he tanked most of the Drifter Clowns, killing them with his electric field's return damage.

The Alisa + Bianca mission was a lot of fun. Alisa went berzerk and killed half the map without getting a turn, just through berzerking from incoming attacks. I haven't got the best build for her yet, but I now crafted the Berzerker Set, because she is just so much fun to watch.

And finished King's Bounty Armored Princess.  Lost my entire army fighting that demon (and that stupid Gremlin boss) but heavy armour (Paladins and Knights) carried the day. And all of this on easy too :lol: Clearly I am no good at this game.  But 34 hours or so well spent so I am happy.   Apparently Paladin was a poor character choice, maybe will replay it with a Mage some day.

• Like 1

Disco Elysium: Final Cut

I couldn't stop myself from doing a painful smile and punched a drugged up kid.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

I don't like the new voice of Cuno in the Final Cut. :(

Also I kinda don't like the voiced narrator, because for me this slows down the reading. And not sure if I'm a fan of the revoiced Klaasje.

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

12 hours ago, Malcador said:

And finished King's Bounty Armored Princess.  Lost my entire army fighting that demon (and that stupid Gremlin boss) but heavy armour (Paladins and Knights) carried the day. And all of this on easy too :lol: Clearly I am no good at this game.  But 34 hours or so well spent so I am happy.   Apparently Paladin was a poor character choice, maybe will replay it with a Mage some day.

remember playing that many years ago

princess and north have some recruitment issue

some build just couldn't get enough troop

things are much better in darkness

since player can get endless demon in fight

Edited by uuuhhii

Finally got the Rakuyo in Bloodborne. Upped it to +10 right away. Good weapon. Only thing that sucks is... the game is pretty much over now. I have 2 bosses left in The Old Hunters, and 1 left in the main game.

The Orphan of Kos is really annoying the hell out of me now. Not sure when / if / how much I will bother with that at this point ...

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

On 12/2/2021 at 6:46 PM, Wormerine said:

mikiri counter it

Move forward into the attack before pressing the dodge button. If your character isn't dashing forward directly into the attack, you're dodging wrong, if you do and still get hit it's your timing.

You can counter sweep attacks with some combat arts, but From Software nerfed that pretty hard, it's barely worth the effort now (well, in my opinion, at least). Still looks good, but just jumping over and on the enemy is easier, does almost as much posture damage and doesn't lock you into an extended animation.

• Thanks 1

No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering.