What are you Playing Now? Games = Life

Amentep

6 minutes ago, Hurlsnot said:

In Disco Elysium, I blew my head off as a negotiation tactic. To be fair, it was also my bedtime, but I did enjoy that it was an option. :p

I also did some actual decent police work and was very impressed at myself for pulling it together for a few moments. Good job **** Mullen!

I'm still not convinced that I'm a cop or that any of this is real. Also I may have drawn the ire of the Frittte death squad.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

2 hours ago, Lexx said:

Oh cool, I was about to buy Cyberpunk, but the 60 bucks price made me say nay. Though I'd rather buy it on GOG, I think.

/Edit: It's 50% off on GOG as well.

Should I buy now or rather wait for christmas... I'm sure there will be another sale.

Heh, exactly my dilemma. I have several games on my Steam wishlist I expect will be on sale on the 22nd, and I'd rather buy everything in a single package. But I worry that these two games will be precisely the ones NOT in the winter sale, or at least not 50% off. What to do? What to do?

Have until the 13th to decide.

• Haha 1

I decided to wait. Got no time to play it right now anyways (too busy with Bloodborne and MW5), and in 1 or 2 weeks I won't be home till next year either, so might as well wait for christmas sale or some sale next year.

• Gasp! 1

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

1 hour ago, kanisatha said:

Heh, exactly my dilemma. I have several games on my Steam wishlist I expect will be on sale on the 22nd, and I'd rather buy everything in a single package. But I worry that these two games will be precisely the ones NOT in the winter sale, or at least not 50% off. What to do? What to do?

Have until the 13th to decide.

Kanie, you wont find Cyber cheaper than 50 % ....now is the time to be bold and resolute !!!!

• Thanks 1

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

I think I f'd up in MW5. Had 20 million in the bank and thought I could risk jumping into higher level territory. Went there, found some nice heavies, bought an Archer and a Stalker, then went on my first mission... and oh boy did it go wrong. Finished the contract, but lost 3 mechs, which spiraled me into a huge hole of depth. Had to sell some stuff to make it back into easier territory but now I'm still scrapping by... because the running and repair costs are so high, it's hard to stay in the green.

That said, now with some better mechs, the gameplay is less frustrating. Even the raid / base destruction missions feel better now, simply because the big mechs can just stomp through walls in no time, and because you have more armor, you can also withstand more enemy fire while doing so.

Still wish the missions wouldn't feel all the same, though.

Oh, and it kinda seems like the maps are better looking now too - especially the deserts seem to work much better in the engine.

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

I completed Bioshock Infinite, it took me 20 hours so its not a long game but a very entertaining one and the narrative is compelling and unexpected. I was confused at the end but I read up on what it all means and it makes sense 

I will consider other Bioshock games because this one was fun and it scores a solid 65\100 on the globally acclaimed " BruceVC game rating system " which means its fine for anyone to purchase ....only scores lower than 50\100 are not worth anyone playing or should be more considered before purchasing :thumbsup: 

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

13 minutes ago, BruceVC said:

I will consider other Bioshock games because this one was fun and it scores a solid 65\100 on the globally acclaimed " BruceVC game rating system " which means its fine for anyone to purchase

😱 a scoring system that makes sense? 
I would probably give it somewhere between 5-6. I found combat very boring but narrative and visual design was good enough for me to enjoy it nonetheless. 

Give Bioshock1&2 a go. 1 is a classic (8 in my book. Would be higher if it ended earlier) and still easily my fav in the series. 2 has IMO best gameplay, and story is ok to, but less developed. 

• Like 1

I have just confirmed now and I have Bioshock 1&2 on Steam and they the remastered version so I think I will do exactly what you recommend and start on 1 this weekend 🥳

• Like 1

John Milton 

10 minutes ago, Wormerine said:

😱 a scoring system that makes sense? 
I would probably give it somewhere between 5-6. I found combat very boring but narrative and visual design was good enough for me to enjoy it nonetheless. 

Give Bioshock1&2 a go. 1 is a classic (8 in my book. Would be higher if it ended earlier) and still easily my fav in the series. 2 has IMO best gameplay, and story is ok to, but less developed. 

I wanted to know what about the combat was boring? Was it too easy 

John Milton 

36 minutes ago, BruceVC said:

I wanted to know what about the combat was boring? Was it too easy 

It’s been a while. If I remember well it was greatly simplified compared to previous titles, limiting you to two weapons, and if I remember well there wasn’t much incentive to switch. I just remember it being very repetitive. It didn’t even have various ammo types, did it?

Bioshock1 is somewhere between immersive sim, survival horror and a shooter, so As a fan of immersive sims, I found it disappointing for Infinite to turn out to be be straight up shooter. In general I didn’t enjoy shooters unless they are really really really good (Doom Eternal being recent example). To be honest, my memory is very fuzzy - I remember story beats but have little recollection of Infinite’s combat. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Wormerine said:

It’s been a while. If I remember well it was greatly simplified compared to previous titles, limiting you to two weapons, and if I remember well there wasn’t much incentive to switch. I just remember it being very repetitive. It didn’t even have various ammo types, did it?

Bioshock1 is somewhere between immersive sim, survival horror and a shooter, so As a fan of immersive sims, I found it disappointing for Infinite to turn out to be be straight up shooter. In general I didn’t enjoy shooters unless they are really really really good (Doom Eternal being recent example). To be honest, my memory is very fuzzy - I remember story beats but have little recollection of Infinite’s combat. 

Your memory is fine, Infinite only allows 2 guns and 2 skills at one time and yes the ammo is standard so you right its simplistic compared to other shooter type games 

John Milton 

1 hour ago, BruceVC said:

its simplistic compared to other shooter type games 

Other Bioshock games. But that's of course a perspective of someone with already formed expectations. 🙂

It didn't help that their E3 "gameplay" presentation was unachievablely ambitious.

Edited by Wormerine

I never finished Infinite, because I also found it boring. Also I just don't like this typical Unreal Engine look anymore. No clue what it is, if it's the shaders or the way the player moves, but I just don't like it at all.

Didn't know they made a remaster of the first Bioshock, but I also kinda don't feel the mood to replay it.

Edited by Lexx

1 hour ago, Lexx said:

I never finished Infinite, because I also found it boring. Also I just don't like this typical Unreal Engine look anymore. No clue what it is, if it's the shaders or the way the player moves, but I just don't like it at all.

Didn't know they made a remaster of the first Bioshock, but I also kinda don't feel the mood to replay it.

You know I mention I always use  Mods where applicable and their are only 5-6 Mods on Nexus for Infinite and they all basically  address shader related  and similar complaints. I used one but I dont know if I would have had an issue I just installed it anyway because it look good 

So you not alone with that criticism around shaders ...no need to feel guilty you are going to ruin the game for anyone else because of a frivolous complaint. You should be able to sleep fine tonight :p

John Milton 

I'm a boy of the Federated Suns, always have been, so I started somewhere in the center right.

There's so many things that annoy me in this game, but still I can't stop playing now. Ugh.

That said, by now I also feel like the equipment you can put on the mechs is awfully limiting. I could swear back in the MWO days I was able to equip multiple weapon modules based on available slots (e.g. 4x LRM5 instead of 1 LRM20), but this isn't possible here... This really, REALLY sucks. Honestly, feels like a dumbed down version of what it should have been. Also modules and stuff where added into slots directly in MWO, here you just put them into a list and done. Meh.

Edited by Lexx
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Lexx said:

I have played it, and was completely unaware of any differences- which I guess is actually a pretty good sign, for a (free) remaster. Might have been a little more unstable, but it was like 2 crashes in a 30 hour game so nothing extreme.

1 hour ago, Lexx said:

I'm a boy of the Federated Suns, always have been, so I started somewhere in the center right.

There's so many things that annoy me in this game, but still I can't stop playing now. Ugh.

That said, by now I also feel like the equipment you can put on the mechs is awfully limiting. I could swear back in the MWO days I was able to equip multiple weapon modules based on available slots (e.g. 4x LRM5 instead of 1 LRM20), but this isn't possible here... This really, REALLY sucks. Honestly, feels like a dumbed down version of what it should have been. Also modules and stuff where added into slots directly in MWO, here you just put them into a list and done. Meh.

thats exactly what I was talkin about when I mentioned I don't remember size limitation, there was size but you could put multiple smaller weapons into big slot...

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

Yeah, this is bad. Basically I don't even care what weapons are on my mechs, at max. I am looking at the item level but that's it ... everyone runs with the same stuff. It's really lame.

Temple of the Sun challenge tomb was fun, surprised to read people moaning about it.  Sure is convenient that all the indigenous peoples speak English to Lara :lol:

• Like 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

6 minutes ago, Malcador said:

Sure is convenient that all the indigenous peoples speak English to Lara :lol:

You can switch to their native language in options, however Lara still speaks to them in english. 🤨

Reminds me of those polish comrades I see on airports everyonce in a while, who think that if they speak polish very slowly and very loudly it will make foreigners grasp what they want. 

14 minutes ago, Wormerine said:

You can switch to their native language in options, however Lara still speaks to them in english. 🤨

Reminds me of those polish comrades I see on airports everyonce in a while, who think that if they speak polish very slowly and very loudly it will make foreigners grasp what they want. 

Yeah, is a silly thing to nitpick at given Lara's borderline superhuman abilities with her death defying leaps and such.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra