Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Part 2

Amentep

12 minutes ago, InsaneCommander said:

"Boon Companion" feat is totally bugged at the moment. I tested an Arcane Rider 9 multiclassed and with the feat my animal companion should be only level 13, but it reached level 15. Some players even get it all the way to level 20 regardless of their level in mounted classes.

Lmao, I guess that makes companion dips super attractive.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"you're a damned filthy lying robot and you deserve to die and burn in hell." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

40 minutes ago, InsaneCommander said:

Some people on Steam are reporting that after getting a horse for Seelah, the animal was a better tank than her. 🤣

Lmao. Yeah, after a certain point of dex (+other bonuses) dodge tanks completely surpass armor + shield tanks. Counter intuitive but it is what it is.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"you're a damned filthy lying robot and you deserve to die and burn in hell." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

1 hour ago, KP the meanie zucchini said:

Lmao, I guess that makes companion dips super attractive.

dips won't do it. with the mythic beast and boon companion feats, you will have a stout animal companion, but an animal companion only levels based on the class your animal companion were attained, though owlcat does implement so that two classes, both with the animal companion feature, allows a continuation o' the leveling o' the critter from the original class which granted your animal.  if one class only provides for a dog or wolf animal companion, but you started out as a cavalier who took a triceratops mount, your new class, even if the animal companion is s'posed limited to dogs and wolves, will continue the triceratops leveling. odd. regardless, take a handful of levels to get a tripping dog companion won't cut it. you will have a dog with a handful of levels which is functional useless late in the game.

there is some truth to the tankiness o' a few animal companions, but if wotr players cannot build seelah better, they is probable doing wrong, which is not their fault 'cause pathfinder is weird. sure, the stat sheet says you got seelah at  ~60 ac and your lann who you level'd as a sacred huntsmaster's has his leopard at 70 ac, but those record sheet numbers rare rare tells the whole story and ignores feats which only activate in combat. 

HA! Good Fun!

ps am not sure if is fixed, but in the last beta if you took three animal companion classes, the third would bug out and not allow continuation but would also functional lockup your leveling effort. 

Edited by Gromnir

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

2 hours ago, Gromnir said:

dips won't do it. with the mythic beast and boon companion feats, you will have a stout animal companion, but an animal companion only levels based on the class your animal companion were attained, though owlcat does implement so that two classes, both with the animal companion feature, allows a continuation o' the leveling o' the critter from the original class which granted your animal.  if one class only provides for a dog or wolf animal companion, but you started out as a cavalier who took a triceratops mount, your new class, even if the animal companion is s'posed limited to dogs and wolves, will continue the triceratops leveling. odd. regardless, take a handful of levels to get a tripping dog companion won't cut it. you will have a dog with a handful of levels which is functional useless late in the game.

there is some truth to the tankiness o' a few animal companions, but if wotr players cannot build seelah better, they is probable doing wrong, which is not their fault 'cause pathfinder is weird. sure, the stat sheet says you got seelah at  ~60 ac and your lann who you level'd as a sacred huntsmaster's has his leopard at 70 ac, but those record sheet numbers rare rare tells the whole story and ignores feats which only activate in combat. 

HA! Good Fun!

ps am not sure if is fixed, but in the last beta if you took three animal companion classes, the third would bug out and not allow continuation but would also functional lockup your leveling effort. 

Which classes allow you to have a Velociraptor companion? I noticed the Beast Rider Cavalier subclass, but I'm not sure about others.

If I can hack the system like you said, I might try a "Cavalier of the Claw" Hafling, with a Velociraptor instead of a dog or wolf.

Edited by InsaneCommander

sign.jpg

1 hour ago, InsaneCommander said:

Which classes allow you to have a Velociraptor companion? I noticed the Beast Rider Cavalier subclass, but I'm not sure about others.

If I can hack the system like you said, I might try a "Cavalier of the Claw" Hafling, with a Velociraptor instead of a dog or wolf.

am s'posing if we says, "most," it won't likely help. even so, off the top o' our head and likely to be missing options, so other posters feel free to correct, the list as we recall is as follows-- obvious excepting cavaliers as you can't muticlass into cavalier of claw from cavalier:

sylvan sorcerer

sacred huntsmaster, but actual all inquisitors save faith hunters as long as you choose animal domain as would a cleric.

vanilla rangers and the demonslayer archetype which is either broken or just a waste at more than a one level dip... but curious, you will get your animal companion at level 4, so with boon companion it works. huh. hadn't considered that.

wandering huntsman, divine hunters, vanilla hunters and colluding scoundrel

clerics able to choose animal domain (i.e. gozreh and erastil). is gonna be a boon companion need 'cause is level four acquired. 

druids, save elemental rampager and blight... but am admitted fuzzy on those as our recollection is not 100% as never played those and am basing off o' perhaps a sidelong glance during feyspeaker creation when peering at other druid options.

mad dog barbarian

am not doubting we missed something.

in any event, is many options.

HA! Good Fun!

ps (edit) added more to inquisitor

Edited by Gromnir
  • Thanks 1

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

3 minutes ago, Gromnir said:

am s'posing if we says, "most," it won't likely help. even so, off the top o' our head and likely to be missing options, so other posters feel free to correct, the list as we recall is as follows-- obvious excepting cavaliers as you can't muticlass into cavalier of claw from cavalier:

sylvan sorcerer

sacred huntsmaster

vanilla rangers and the demonslayer archetype which is either broken or just a waste at more than a one level dip... but curious, you will get your animal companion at level 4, so with boon companion it works. huh. hadn't considered that.

wandering huntsman, divine hunters, vanilla hunters and colluding scoundrel

clerics able to choose animal domain (i.e. gozreh and erastil). is gonna be a boon companion need 'cause is level four acquired. 

druids, save elemental rampager and blight... but am admitted fuzzy on those as our recollection is not 100% as never played those and am basing off o' perhaps a sidelong glance during feyspeaker creation when glancing at other druid options.

mad dog barbarian

am not doubting we missed something.

in any event, is many options.

HA! Good Fun!

Thanks. I was checking this now, but when you hover over "animal companio" while on character creation, it shows only a few options. I actually didn't go there and check so I would have missed these cases.

sign.jpg

Just now, InsaneCommander said:

Thanks. I was checking this now, but when you hover over "animal companio" while on character creation, it shows only a few options. I actually didn't go there and check so I would have missed these cases.

np.

please note we did edit inquisitors as is pretty much all archetypes and the base class which has access to a single cleric domain, with the exception o' faith hunters. sacred huntsmaster gets an animal companion at level one and is not domain specific.

HA! Good Fun!

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, InsaneCommander said:

Hack it further and go for a Capybara mount. Of course, since they aren't in the game you may need throw some bananas in the microwave and shoot off a D-mail.

• Like 1

aside:

ignoring personality quirks, am gonna suggest the best wotr tank companion for late game is camellia, but such an observation is assuming no creative multiclassing 'cause seelah gets serious tanky upgrades from dips into bard and skald and whatnot, though such dips have a predictable cost in terms o' those extreme useful high level paladin abilities. other than story reasons for preferring seelah to camellia, am almost always having seelah around, particular late game, 'cause o' mark of justice and other paladin support abilities and not 'cause o' pure tankiness.

HA! Good Fun!

ps am admitting we kinda loathe camellia. the writing is uneven and am suspecting you only get full benefit o' her "character development" if the elizabeth báthory options in dialogues make you laugh, so perhaps we missed the high points.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, ShadySands said:

90% of WOTR players that have anime characters for their character pic enjoy Cam's story.  #madeupfacts

I didn't get far in the beta, but as soon as I heard Cameilla's voice I knew she was a Yandere. The big spoiler was no shock to me.

18 minutes ago, InsaneCommander said:

I'm avoiding as many spoilers as possible, but I ended up knowing something about this case. Just looking at the titles of Camellia topics on Steam is enough to laugh.

It's great because if

She's your waifu then she ends up leaving you in her ending.

Daru would not be pleased.

• Like 1

wotr companions are, in general, not well written. however, am gonna admit a few o' the evil companions is our relative favorites. regill is tops for us, and while greybor has almost zero depth to his narrative, we ended up enjoying his story more than most other companions. by comparison, the good companions were largely meh. 

HA! Good Fun!

4 hours ago, uuuhhii said:

did enjoy camellia story

mostly at how ridiculously bad she is at pretending not to be evil

almost leak out of every line

Well obviously she's wearing something that obscures her alignment because she moonlights reading books to little leukemia patients.

Edited by Agiel
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2
“Political philosophers have often pointed out that in wartime, the citizen, the male citizen at least, loses one of his most basic rights, his right to life; and this has been true ever since the French Revolution and the invention of conscription, now an almost universally accepted principle. But these same philosophers have rarely noted that the citizen in question simultaneously loses another right, one just as basic and perhaps even more vital for his conception of himself as a civilized human being: the right not to kill.”

-Jonathan Littell <<Les Bienveillantes>>

"The chancellor, the late chancellor, was only partly correct. He was obsolete. But so is the State, the entity he worshipped. Any state, entity, or ideology becomes obsolete when it stockpiles the wrong weapons: when it captures territories, but not minds; when it enslaves millions, but convinces nobody. When it is naked, yet puts on armor and calls it faith, while in the Eyes of God it has no faith at all. Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of Man...that state is obsolete."

-Rod Serling

That lady is so obvious I got her deal in Chapter 1 and I'm certain I'm not the only one. Also for me she looks quite a lot like the main character from that Japanese horror film, "Audition" I think? Dunno if coincidence, but I'm getting soul twins vibe.

Right, the game. So I got to Chapter 2 and if not for "Auto-win bad HOMM" mod I would have ragequit right then and there. It also appears that, other than being unfun nuisance, bad HOMM serves as bad pacing concealment because without it Chapter 2 sure is short and uneven - a string of teeny tiny short encounters and then that bloated siege that just never ends like some crap game version of "Return of the King". And since consensus about later chapters seems to be "4th is buggy, has a dungeon with infuriating mechanics, 5th is buggy and empty and unfinished, has a dungeon that puts House at the end of fun in shame", I think I'll wait there for QoL edition. Hey, maybe they will even pull a DOS2 and do the extended edition; one can dream, right? :getlost:

Late-game Kingmaker was a pain in that regard, and it wasn't merely the infamouse House. Luckily the end battle plus the decisions made up for that, but generally it's the area I have the least fondest memories of in Kingmaker. Encounter design doesn't seem to be Owlcat's forte in general, though there are a few highlights. If I hadn't enjoyed Kingmaker, I wouldn't have picked up WOTR though, as some of that seems to be their inherently design philosphy, at least the fairly heavy focus on combat in general. Would really love in-game stats the Pillars and IE games do them, I'd bet compared to Deadfire the amount of enemies you kill is through the roof all throughout.

Like WOTR so far (chapter 2 also). The army management so far seems simple enough whilst not playing itself completely, seems they've trimmed it all down significantly based on Kingmaker feedback. Massive kudos again for taking obvious inspiration of the Realms Of Arkania games when it comes to traveling/camping. They just have to introduce a more Conan-style music for the next time 😄 . (and to think they took it all out for the third in the trilogy back then in particular because US players complained about the thing being too tedious... and that was 1996, when computer games hadn't even made the crossover to mainstream audiences yet) I thought something similar would never come back (the Expedition series takes obvious inspiration here also). 

Edited by Sven_

I was playing around in Toy Box last night to check out late game weapons and I think I found an issue with the Oversized ability.

Spoiler

Blood Red Cleaver, the +5 greatsword, gets the -2 to hit but shows 2d6 instead of 3d6. I have not tested it in combat so I don't know if it is an issue with the character sheet or with the property itself.

A shame, because getting a 6d6 base damage would have been great.

in our playthrough, arguably the single most annoying item bug is areelu's cloak. is resource expensive to acquire, but for angel path it s'posed provides an additional 2d6 holy damage on top of the sword of heaven damage bonuses. we don't care 'bout achievements, but we know we got one for managing to acquire the cloak, so at least the developers think the cloak is a noteworthy item. unfortunate, the cloak does nothing. zip. zero. zilch.  tangential but related, one o' the hides of a magical creature locations is no longer providing a hide, so instead o' boots and helmet we needed make a choice 'tween the two, a choice which woulda' been unnecessary if we had not wasted hides on the cloak. swindled by a blind elf?

is not a new bug. is hard to believe it is a difficult fix.

oh well, is not a crippling loss by any means, but we can't even request a refund from the storyteller who convinced us to buy his fake rolex. 

HA! Good Fun!

7 minutes ago, uuuhhii said:

that relic cloak was far too complicated

will obviously be full of bug

though most player might not realize the cloak change function base on mythic path

since they picked up that aeon mask before

is not complicated. is literal a different item for each mythic. if were a rl item which need morph into near a dozen different forms, that would be complicated. isn't. the angel benefit is not a complicated bonus. other versions o' the cloak is more complex, but not the angel.

HA! Good Fun!

This mod adds the "Animal Ally" feat. I'll test it on a future playthrough. But it will be easier to use a another mod to level up my animal companion when I multiclass a rider.

I might not resist too much more and start playing regardless of bugs. The only thing preventing me is that I'm not sure what class to go first. I want to play as a hero on my first run and go Dragon or Angel mythic. I'll check a level 20 Court Poet/Duelist now. I don't care if it is efficient, looks interesting to me.

sign.jpg