Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Part 2

Amentep

2 hours ago, InsaneCommander said:

The only thing preventing me is that I'm not sure what class to go first. I want to play as a hero on my first run and go Dragon or Angel mythic.

Dragon is a late game path so you'll have to be on another path up to the last chapter, maybe Angel. You won't see the end of the initial path though 

Also, only Angel, Demon, and Legend are universal and get unlocked no matter what. All other paths require unlocking but most are super easy.

Free games updated 3/4/21

1 hour ago, ShadySands said:

Dragon is a late game path so you'll have to be on another path up to the last chapter, maybe Angel. You won't see the end of the initial path though 

Also, only Angel, Demon, and Legend are universal and get unlocked no matter what. All other paths require unlocking but most are super easy.

No problem. I can play as Angel again later when I go with a class that can merge the spell books.

Edited by InsaneCommander
  • Like 1

sign.jpg

angel spells are kinda op in wotr. am gonna admit we purposeful avoided doing merged spellbook for our angel run 'cause playing an angel cleric or oracle effective moves the difficulty slider at least one place to the left. nothing wrong with wanting to feel godlike in a game which pits you against against demon lords and has you challenging godly power, but for our first run facing the newish material in chapters five and six, we wanted a character who would not effective misrepresent game challenges for later choices. try and play an aeon after doing angel cleric and am suspecting we could become frustrated with aeon relative weakness... didn't wanna ruin subsequent wotr runs.

also, when we got our mythic choice we knew azata were bugged multiple ways, so we went with choice number two. 

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

5 hours ago, InsaneCommander said:

The only thing preventing me is that I'm not sure what class to go first. I want to play as a hero on my first run and go Dragon or Angel mythic. I'll check a level 20 Court Poet/Duelist now. I don't care if it is efficient, looks interesting to me.

Azata would work with that. Besides Superpowers being really good, I think the songs benefit from bard or skald performance rounds.

EDIT: Assuming they actually work, because apparently a significant number of items and abilities do not.

Edited by KP the meanie zucchini

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

6 minutes ago, KP the meanie zucchini said:

Azata would work with that. Besides Superpowers being really good, I think the songs benefit from bard or skald performance rounds.

EDIT: Assuming they actually work, because apparently a significant number of items and abilities do not.

Well, I hope the Court Poet song stacks with the +Int and +Char items.

Multiclassing with duelist would diminish the song effects, so I'll stick to Court Poet. But getting haste and not losing 1 AC at level 20, probably when the game is almost over doesn't seem that good to me. So I'll have a level of Thug and do the Valerie Dazzling Display trick like in Kingmaker.

sign.jpg

4 minutes ago, InsaneCommander said:

Well, I hope the Court Poet song stacks with the +Int and +Char items.

They should be morale bonuses and most items are enhancement so it would surprise me if they didn't.

• Thanks 1

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

34 minutes ago, KP the meanie zucchini said:

They should be morale bonuses and most items are enhancement so it would surprise me if they didn't.

it stacks. its the one aspect of court poet which is not bugged or broken.

only slight hyperbole.

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

17 minutes ago, InsaneCommander said:

So other aspects are bugged?

skalds in general are bugged, but court poet is a particular noteworthy outlier as the charisma and int buff isn't being recognized as either a song or rage power, so it can't be augmented in usual ways and doesn't count for skald ability to confer rage powers. for particular parties, the int and charisma buff is nevertheless mighty effective and might be worth the functional lack o' skald compatibility.

have mentioned previous in this thread how in spite o' being utter nonsensical from a rpg pov, giving seelah 8 levels o' court poet is an option we has considered and experimented with during the beta... gets her an effective +2 bonus to mark o' justice, guarded stance, uncanny dodge, haste, heroism, good hope, displacement and mirror image, all the charisma and int boosting goodness for ember and/or nenio, etc...

HA! Good Fun!

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, ShadySands said:

Also, I think Azata get a permanent haste effect at M4 if you chose it as your first superpower. Dunno if it's broken or not.

They do. And they get an ability where no one dies until everyone dies that also shares all of your teamwork feats with companions.

If it works properly, I think Azata will be a really strong mythic.

• Gasp! 1

9 minutes ago, KP the meanie zucchini said:

it works, or at least it did in beta. we had a colluding scoundrel/druid, hoping aivu would benefit from the hunter's teamwork feats. no go. the superpower fixed our aivu problem.

warning: a few teamwork feats are bugged

tandem trip doesn't seem to be working as advertised, but seize the moment is. 

speaking o' azata bugs, favourable magic is partial broken as the 75% damage on a successful save aspect is not realized. spells for which damage is halved is not seeing increased damage from favourable magic.

HA! Good Fun!

3 hours ago, Gromnir said:

it works, or at least it did in beta. we had a colluding scoundrel/druid, hoping aivu would benefit from the hunter's teamwork feats. no go. the superpower fixed our aivu problem.

warning: a few teamwork feats are bugged
tandem trip doesn't seem to be working as advertised, but seize the moment is.

It does work.  My Divine Hound Azata shares 8 teamwork feats with the whole team.  But Life-Bonding Friendship only gave me one teamwork feat, instead of the two it claims.

Also, tandem trip seemed to work for me, but it's not as if I was checking the combat log for every trip attempt, so I can't say that it always works as described.

Just a QOL thing for anyone who wants to switch windows without the game minimizing. Add -popupwindow to steam launch options and in the game settings set it to windowed. I have no clue why this isn't by default.

• Like 2

"because they filled mommy with enough mythic power to become a demi-god" - KP

5 hours ago, KP the meanie zucchini said:

They do. And they get an ability where no one dies until everyone dies that also shares all of your teamwork feats with companions.

a few right choice can easily make azata functional

though most powerful azata spell are still bugged

10 hours ago, Vaeliorin said:

It does work.  My Divine Hound Azata shares 8 teamwork feats with the whole team.  But Life-Bonding Friendship only gave me one teamwork feat, instead of the two it claims.

Also, tandem trip seemed to work for me, but it's not as if I was checking the combat log for every trip attempt, so I can't say that it always works as described.

the fact life-bonding ain't current working, working as advertised as it did in the beta, is indeed disappointing. 

you play rt as 'posed to tb, yes? mounted combat aspects is having a few glaring issues in tb. am suspecting more than a few things working in rt is borked in in tb, including tandem trip which only works between rider and mount, and not 'tween multiple animal companions (edit: it isn't working according to our combat log, but can't say what it is doing in other player games.) speaking o' which, charge is most definite not fixed, in spite of claims by owlcat to the contrary. 

the only surprising aspect to tb mounted combat being so uneven at release is that it were working in beta... although charge has always been an issue. 

HA! Good Fun!

Edited by Gromnir

3 hours ago, Gromnir said:

the fact life-bonding ain't current working, working as advertised as it did in the beta, is indeed disappointing. 

you play rt as 'posed to tb, yes? mounted combat aspects is having a few glaring issues in tb. am suspecting more than a few things working in rt is borked in in tb, including tandem trip which only works between rider and mount, and not 'tween multiple animal companions (edit: it isn't working according to our combat log, but can't say what it is doing in other player games.) speaking o' which, charge is most definite not fixed, in spite of claims by owlcat to the contrary. 

the only surprising aspect to tb mounted combat being so uneven at release is that it were working in beta... although charge has always been an issue. 

HA! Good Fun!

Actually, I only play turn-based.  And yes, charge is sometimes messed up, but I haven't had too many problems with it (and everything becomes so crowded after combat starts that I rarely find opportunity to charge after the beginning of the encounter) as well as some other mounted stuff, but nothing that's really been a major issue.

I probably haven't seen that tandem trip issue because the only trippers in my party are my character and his animal companion/mount.

So I played around a bit more and in addition to Oversized not working, weapons that set damage (like a bastard sword that rolls a d20 for damage) do not benefit from size increases. So no size category exploits for crazy dice yet.

Also, Blood Red Cleaver hits you with the extra 6d6 damage too.

https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/1184370/view/3031477153100377383

edit: for folks who went angel and want to know details o' the 10th level spells

HA! Good Fun!

ps current haven't played for almost a week. got what looks like 1/3 through the enigma map, with nothing else to do for our current angel inquisitor save threshold, and am kinda unable to summon the will to press forward with nenio's quest. 

on the positive side o' the ledger, a recent patch quiet fixed the inability to use ranged weapons in tb mounted combat, which means our lann build now works as designed. huzzah. 

Edited by Gromnir
  • Like 1

36 minutes ago, ShadySands said:

It's a real drag

I got close to the end but messed something up and decided I was done rather than going back to earlier save

the possibility o' being able to advance and not know 'til much later such progress is irrevocably flawed is discouraging.

well, forewarned is forearmed. 

HA! Good Fun!

My Demon playthrough has fizzled out so maybe I'll go back to my Trickster game that I abandoned. Nah, I'll probably just start a new game.

Spoiler

I was trying to become Nocticula's consort but she tells me I'm too wild and she needs someone who will listen to her. I thought I played the demon doormat role well as I don't think I ever went against her and went along with everything she said. I think I raged once or twice but never at her so I dunno where I messed up but I'm not going to play through it again so yeah. I still basically rule Alushinyrra but I want it all.

Free games updated 3/4/21

our second run is either azata or aeon, but both are bugged multiple ways, so...

HA! Good Fun!

1 hour ago, ShadySands said:

My Demon playthrough has fizzled out so maybe I'll go back to my Trickster game that I abandoned. Nah, I'll probably just start a new game.

Hide contents

I was trying to become Nocticula's consort but she tells me I'm too wild and she needs someone who will listen to her. I thought I played the demon doormat role well as I don't think I ever went against her and went along with everything she said. I think I raged once or twice but never at her so I dunno where I messed up but I'm not going to play through it again so yeah. I still basically rule Alushinyrra but I want it all.

according to other player only demon with low rage can be nocticula consort