Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Part 2

Amentep

8 hours ago, uuuhhii said:

so player only have a chance to kill baphomet in secret ending but not in ivory labyrinth are disappointing

areelu are such horrible and boring choice for boss

talk with baphomet in ivory labyrinth are actually interesting

seems kinda spoilerish, but 

Spoiler

demon lord in question were an the adventure path installment five boss. not the big bad.

as an aside, am gonna once again repeat that anybody complaining 'bout wotr cheese had not been paying attention. even if owlcat had a collection o' the best crpg writers on the planet and unlimited time to implement ideas, given the insular and tangential nature o' crpg quests and dialogues, were no way owlcat were gonna do more than make minor improvements to the fromage fest which were the pnp adventure path. wotr pnp were purposeful and apologetic over-the-top. am suspecting such were intentional 'cause any kinda serious introspection amidst the cheese board which were wotr woulda' come across as wholly misplaced and silly navel gazing. 

"you want to talk about your daddy issues? now?"

HA! Good Fun!

Edited by Gromnir

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

11 hours ago, uuuhhii said:

so player only have a chance to kill baphomet in secret ending but not in ivory labyrinth are disappointing

That ending allows you to

Spoiler

kill the demon lords an additional and final time as you first kill Baphomet at the end of chapter 4 and Deskari in chapter 5. Unless you mean that you don't technically kill him unless playing Angel as Nocticula comes in and steals the killing blow. It makes sense for him to avoid fighting you in the labyrinth since he's vulnerable after being defeated the first time. Part of the secret ending is figuring out how to fight them again since they aren't going to risk themselves against you a second time.

Free games updated 3/4/21

3 hours ago, ShadySands said:

That ending allows you to

Hide contents

kill the demon lords an additional and final time as you first kill Baphomet at the end of chapter 4 and Deskari in chapter 5. Unless you mean that you don't technically kill him unless playing Angel as Nocticula comes in and steals the killing blow. It makes sense for him to avoid fighting you in the labyrinth since he's vulnerable after being defeated the first time. Part of the secret ending is figuring out how to fight them again since they aren't going to risk themselves against you a second time.

secret ending are far too weird and janky this time

advanture path 5 suggest give player a chance to fight baphomet

ivory labyrinth really need to be more prominent in act 5

Edited by uuuhhii

kinda embarrassing. am playing angel path and am kinda hitting a stoopid wall. more o' a hurdle.

Spoiler

in the beta, we found multiple keys for the echo of deskari portal, but the portal were impossible to open w/o nocticula's aid regardless. 

somehow we only got a single key, and am pretty sure that were dropped during the berenguer fight. 

anybody know where the other keys is? we could use nocticula's help, but would prefer the key route, and a single key is less than ideal.

thanks in advance.

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

1 hour ago, Gromnir said:

kinda embarrassing. am playing angel path and am kinda hitting a stoopid wall. more o' a hurdle.

Hide contents

in the beta, we found multiple keys for the echo of deskari portal, but the portal were impossible to open w/o nocticula's aid regardless. 

somehow we only got a single key, and am pretty sure that were dropped during the berenguer fight. 

anybody know where the other keys is? we could use nocticula's help, but would prefer the key route, and a single key is less than ideal.

thanks in advance.

HA! Good Fun!

So, I know where to get it, and can tell you how I get it, but not 100% sure it's the only way

Spoiler
  1. Pick up the aasimar's quest to save the aasimar girls from the slave store (slave store won't be there until that quest is active). Guy's name is Latverk or something like that.
  2. While speaking to the slaver, pass the dialog check that causes the food slaves to revolt
  3. Once the slaver is dead, the aasimar girls will thank you and tell you where their master had a secret stash
  4. Secret stash has the second key

Second key isn't necessary to exit, but can be used to unlock either diplomacy buff bracers or a nice ring for spontaneous casters

• Like 2

"Art and song are creations but so are weapons and lies"

"Our worst enemies are inventions of the mind. Pleasure. Fear. When we see them for what they are, we become unstoppable."

I had what I'm assuming was a bug and was able to send that guy out multiple times and got 4 keys that way. 

My second run has turned into something else as I was intending to go Azata this run but instead I went Trickster then reloaded my pick a path save and also went Lich. So now I have two side by side games as a Lich and a Trickster. The plan is to switch from Lich to Gold Dragon. 

Edited by ShadySands
  • Gasp! 1

1 hour ago, ShadySands said:

The plan is to switch from Lich to Gold Dragon. 

That's one hell of a heel turn.

• Like 3

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

Apparently I need mercs. Have had some fun playing with different builds. Sad to see how many classes/archetypes are still broken :(

"Our worst enemies are inventions of the mind. Pleasure. Fear. When we see them for what they are, we become unstoppable."

1 hour ago, Achilles said:

Apparently I need mercs. Have had some fun playing with different builds. Sad to see how many classes/archetypes are still broken :(

some old bug doesn't get fixed after years was not the worst part

rapid fire hotfix randomly adding new bug was the most frustrating

10 hours ago, Achilles said:

based on our previous posts you may no doubt surmise am not shocked stuff is busted. however, more than a few busted classes/archetypes has been busted in same way since at least the first beta. is stuff owlcat were made aware o' long before release. 

when do such fixes become a priority?

HA! Good Fun!

finished first time as azata

act 5 feels like barely stiched pieces

and threshold are extremely disappointing

talk with areelu are very boring compare to baphomet nocticula or lantern king nyrissa or even some minor boss

even stupid bug and sphinx are more interesting

So I started playing and the mythic path thing confuses me.  Is it optional?  just at first look it feels like it's railroading me... but I'm not sure if I'm misunderstanding.

Says there are 10 and they are optional but I could swear I had to choose the first one to continue

Edited by Theonlygarby

1 hour ago, Theonlygarby said:

Is it optional?

No. You are forced to become a magical creature of some sort for most of the game. 

• Gasp! 1

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

Yeah, you have to pick a mythic path at mythic level 3. The pre-path you pick at level 1 doesn't lock you into anything so you can choose whatever you like for RP or your build. At mythic level 8 you get the option to pick an advanced path if you have unlocked them but you can stick with your mythic level 3 pick as well. I want to say that only 2 regular mythic paths unlock automagically and only 1 advanced/late game path and all the rest have some sort of requirements. Also, mythic levelling is tied to the story so you'll get your levels at specific points in the story.

4 hours ago, Theonlygarby said:

Says there are 10 and they are optional but I could swear I had to choose the first one to continue

First two mythic levels are not tied to a mythic path. At mythic 3 you can choose from any of the paths you've unlocked. If you only have one or two options at mythic 3, then you've probably made role-play decisions that have closed some of them off to you.

1 minute ago, InsaneCommander said:

This looks familiar.

tenor.gif?itemid=9965048

Well half of them do turn you into an evil monstrosity, so it is like Kyubey.

Apparently in the lich path, your bone dad makes you kill your gf or bf. Fane would like a word.

Too bad there's no vampire mythic Path and summoner class so you can be DIO. THE WORLD!

• Gasp! 1

6 minutes ago, KP the meanie zucchini said:

Well half of them do turn you into an evil monstrosity, so it is like Kyubey.

Hide contents

Apparently in the lich path, your bone dad makes you kill your gf or bf. Fane would like a word.

Too bad there's no vampire mythic Path and summoner class so you can be DIO. THE WORLD!

maybe next game would be tyrant grasp and allow player choose to be ghoul vampire ghost or graveguard

pathfinder 2e are making a undead focus book too

Just now, uuuhhii said:

maybe next game would be tyrant grasp and allow player choose to be ghoul vampire ghost or graveguard

pathfinder 2e are making a undead focus book too

At this point I'd wish they'd do a Starfinder game or go to 2e. 1e is too much of a cluster****.

16 minutes ago, KP the meanie zucchini said:

At this point I'd wish they'd do a Starfinder game or go to 2e. 1e is too much of a cluster****.

1e are a mess

and owlcat mythic make it a bigger maybe somewhat entertaining mess

but owlcat have sunk too much effort into this

a full pathfinder 2e game maybe atleast 3 years away

42 minutes ago, KP the meanie zucchini said:

the charlie fox is what many owlcat fans want. the longest current thread over at the owlcat forums is 'bout playful darkness, an optional boss (though you don't know it is optional when you first encounter) you stumble 'pon midway through the game. even players who know pathfinder inside and out is most likely gonna be indulging reasonable wtfness 'pon first encountering playful darkness, 'cause the ac o' the boss on core is ~bout 60 and it has stratospheric sr and saves which is unlikely a party at level 14 will have any chance o' dealing with... save for by playing at the extreme margins. 

there is numerous ways to beat playful darkness at level 14 with owlcat's version o' pathfinder, but is much akin to defeating a demilich in the original tomb of horrors d&d module. an astral wizard casting power word kill will dispatch a demi-lich outright, but first time playing the module, having never even heard o' a demi-lich previous, makes most unlikely a party will have done the necessary preparation for such an encounter. 1st and 2nd edition demi-lich is bass akwards metagamey nonsense but is more than a few d&d purists who will defend such as fun. if you so desire, you may hear same arguments regarding playful darkness. not surprising, the pathfinder sages at the owlcat boards sneer at those questioning what could possible be fun 'bout an encounter such as playful darkness which functional requires dumb luck or meta-knowledge to survive. 

as levels increase in an ordinary pathfinder ap, the need to resort to metagame and ultra-specialization increases. owlcat faces the additional spectre o' reload-- no matter how subtle the ai, an encounter is only gonna be surprising a player the first time they try and beat it. so owlcat almost necessarily has resorted to stat bloat, which magnifies the metagamey nonsense already baked into pathfinder. 

but again, is a Large % o' folks at owlcat defending encounters such as playful darkness and near as challenging critical path encounters. for much o' the fanbase, the normalization o' charlie fox is what makes the owlcat games old skool. the metagamey is mistaken seen as the answer to all the "dumbed down" crpgs the sheep seem to be satisfied with these days... or somesuch nonsense.

*eye roll*

like it or not, reasonable or not, the charlie fox is a serious selling point for a great many wotr players. would be a mistake to ignore the fanbase.

HA! Good Fun!

Edited by Gromnir

22 minutes ago, Theonlygarby said:

Well thanks everyone for answer my question.  I'm still a little confused by it but at least I'm not locked in super early.  now I just hope I am able to get through the prologue without deciding i want to make a new character

Slight spoiler but you don't lock in your path until the end of the second chapter after you

retrieve the Sword of Valor and right as you go to hang it up.

• Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, uuuhhii said:

1e are a mess

and owlcat mythic make it a bigger maybe somewhat entertaining mess

but owlcat have sunk too much effort into this

a full pathfinder 2e game maybe atleast 3 years away

One thing I'm concerned about 2e is how the Alchemist would be implemented. As of now it's the only class I actively dislike, it is very much a backup class that only shines when handing out items to other people, and you can just buy that stuff with items. On top of that the alchemy per day seems like it would be very difficult to implement into a video game.

Personally I don't care who makes it. I'm not personally attached to any studio or company and will take a good game wherever I can find one.

24 minutes ago, Gromnir said:

the charlie fox is what many owlcat fans want.

I don't care what many owlcat fans want, I want a better game. If that requires angering the folks who can't enjoy a game unless you have to employ mind-shattering cheese not to get constantly tpk'd by enemies with power levels over 9000 then so be it.

• Like 1

Just now, KP the meanie zucchini said:

One thing I'm concerned about 2e is how the Alchemist would be implemented. As of now it's the only class I actively dislike, it is very much a backup class that only shines when handing out items to other people, and you can just buy that stuff with items. On top of that the alchemy per day seems like it would be very difficult to implement into a video game.

Personally I don't care who makes it. I'm not personally attached to any studio or company and will take a good game wherever I can find one.

I don't care what many owlcat fans want, I want a better game. If that requires angering the folks who can't enjoy a game unless you have to employ mind-shattering cheese not to get constantly tpk'd by enemies with power levels over 9000 then so be it.

alchemist and warpriest can not be salvage with some minor errata at this point

after reading inventor playtest it was obvious alchemist should be a subclass of inventor

unstable trait is so fitting for alchemist

but that is too late now

though alchemist may fit better in a party of 5 control by 1 player in crpg than actual pnp game control by 1 player

it is difficult for a player to do nothing but provide mutagen healing potion and bomb for fighter to double throw

but for a companion in video game to provide all this and do very little in combat would be acceptable