What Are you Playing Now: Living the Good Life

Amentep

Playing some RogueTech again, looking how things progressed. I really love what they done with the game but god that memory leak and performance are really frustrating

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

On 3/16/2021 at 12:08 PM, MellowYellow said:

Neverwinter Nights 2

Absolutely loving it so far.  Playing as a Druid/Barbarian, these classes compliment each other well.  Just got the Monk dwarf in my party now all I need is a mage and a rogue and I'll be set.

Really hope Obsidian returns to DnD in some form sometime in the future because I kinda dig this better than Pillars of Eternity, which is riddled with jagged gameplay.

The only problem I'm having here is turning up the resolution screws my system up.

I played it so many times that the only class that remains (forever) untouched is Barbarian (gave some fighter levels to a Shadowdancer), though I enjoyed it despite of DnD rather than because.  😛

I hate Sand 2 (though he had some good lines), and Neeshka romance exists as a mod that is not completely terrible...or so a friend told me.

Also, MellowYellow, didn't you have a different moniker before? 

I'm at 5D/4B right now and Barbarian Rage, Bull's Strength, Flame Weapon, Call Lightning and Barkskin work wonders.

The only drawback to this build is you have to cast everything before the fight or else you'll spend the whole encounter buffing and leaving yourself wide open, that's where Extend Rage and Extend Spell really come in handy.

Since I'm off this week, I was able to run through Subnautica: Below Zero. It's more Subnautica and that's good. It's got new base building modules and that's also good. The Seatruck is actually really cool. And the environments are all still absolutely incredible.

But all of the environs are too small and too cramped to really build a cool base. The Snowfox is wasted and the Spy Pengling is itself a waste that only helps get small amounts of resources early and resolve a plot. And the story is poorly structured.

• Like 1
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Judging by the millions of views, maybe everyone's seen it before, but ...
I'm not even playing it but this video had me laughing like a loon in some spots.  It's a little long but keeps progressing in absurd insanity/hilarity.  Almost makes me want to buy it (vs. waiting a while).

• Haha 1
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Yeh, posted that a few days ago. : >

It made me not buy / play the game, tbh because I realized it's just more of the usual.

Edited by Lexx

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

STALKER: Shadow of Chernobyl

Aside from the headbob being so bad it's officially a headwobble, this game holds up really well. I played it way back in the day and always meant to give it another go. That said, I have 0 interest in running around doing sidequests. I'm just playing it for the main quest and it's plays very well for that.

• Like 3
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

I completed Fable Anniversary and it really was just a fun and thoroughly enjoyable 50 hours. You dont overthink anything and the game world entertains me with its characters and idiosyncratic personalities. And once on certain skill levels most  combat becomes primarily fun and easy and a little mindless. But that is part of the enjoyable side of some controller based games ...I like repeating my combat strategy ...attack with time slow spell, use rolls and ducks in combat and use damage enhancement spells and then just go wild with swings and inflict mass carnage on enemies :devil:

So it gets a solid 60/100 on the much respected " BruceVC gaming barometer " scoring system

But that means I am at that exciting moment where I decide " what to play next ". I have to force myself this time to not play a fantasy RPG so that means I am going to trawl through my Steam and GOG for action, FPS, adventure or even RTS games to see what should be next. I may post my choices and ask people opinions :geek:

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

My Wasteland 3 game has stalled.  I've reached Denver, but I'm kind of puttering around.  I have a couple of games I've been waiting to play until I get the last piece of my new rig, the video card.  Everywhere I look, the RTX 3080 is sold out.  Very frustrating, but when I get it and finally assemble the mess, I'm going to give a couple of high demand games a try.  Probably start with cyberpunk 2077.

"Not for the sake of much time..."

Think I will restart Nexus The Jupiter Incident on easy :lol: I truly have regressed as I recall motoring through this campaign back in '04, bleh.  Still pretty fun game, even if the current state seems to have some severe bugs, luckily I avoided the mission where others are having CTDs so they can't progress.

• Haha 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Moving slowly through Druidstone missions. Some of them are on Hard Difficulty really hard, which is kind of surprising in current state of gaming. As before, my biggest gripe with the game is cheesy dialogue, but the gameplay definitely makes up for it. So far 25 hours and 18 missions finished. 2 needed a replay with higher level party to be able to finish it on three stars, and two more will need another replay as well. The developers made a pretty good decision to unlock onece in a while after few missions a puzzle mission, which can be very relaxing change of pace after spending three hours in Dark Knight Fortress while trying to escape alive :)

• Like 1

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

I have decided to play Far Cry 4 next, it will be a nice forced break from Fantasy RPG 

I updated my Ubisoft client and Im good to go :geek:

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

9 minutes ago, BruceVC said:

I have decided to play Far Cry 4 next, it will be a nice forced break from Fantasy RPG 

It starts out pretty great but quickly gets bogged down by tedium.

Basically all modern western open world FPS games....thus far.

Edited by ComradeYellow
  • Thanks 1

Just now, ComradeYellow said:

It starts out pretty great but quickly gets bogged down by tedium.

Basically all modern open world FPS games....thus far.

Yeah, Im used to that happening in games like this . Things like hunting and sky-diving, FC3,  dont become as much fun anymore but I just then focus on the main quest and finish the game 

John Milton 

XCOM Chimera Squad, xcom but we can use aliens in our team and subdue some terrorists. A bit faster paced than previous (it is more spinoff). Also the mood is lighter, like cop action movie. The drawback is that only few encounters are epic or very interesting.

I have now modded 7 Days where max chr. level is 5 (normally 300) but I get a lot of skill points each level.  This is an experiment in game stage workings.  I still don't really understand game stage, except that days survived + character level + many deaths vs. no deaths somehow dictates when and how often/many the harder crazy zombies start spawning all the time. 

I found a readable "skill book" that gave me more damage ... against humans.  There are no humans in the game.  I know there are going to be bandits later but what is the point of putting that in the game now? Maybe if you want to PvP (most people don't/it's not highly supported).  Whatever.

They updated to version 19.4 but I didn't feel like updating for tiny changes/fixes.  I'll just wait for A20 instead and continue farting around with 19.3.

• Like 1
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

6 hours ago, LadyCrimson said:

I have now modded 7 Days where max chr. level is 5 (normally 300) but I get a lot of skill points each level.  This is an experiment in game stage workings.  I still don't really understand game stage, except that days survived + character level + many deaths vs. no deaths somehow dictates when and how often/many the harder crazy zombies start spawning all the time. 

I found a readable "skill book" that gave me more damage ... against humans.  There are no humans in the game.  I know there are going to be bandits later but what is the point of putting that in the game now? Maybe if you want to PvP (most people don't/it's not highly supported).  Whatever.

They updated to version 19.4 but I didn't feel like updating for tiny changes/fixes.  I'll just wait for A20 instead and continue farting around with 19.3.

Look at you girlfriend, you little modder you :thumbsup:

But you only can be considered " hardcore" modder when you use Romance Mods effectively

But small steps, small steps ;)

John Milton 

Spent 5 MM in FM on Brno, got lucky and Serbia joined the EU so the restriction on non-EU players is not a hassle for me, I have 2 talented Serb midfielders but kept having to switch to their discount German equivalents.  Went hunting for youth players, unfortunately my scouts are still crap (genius me didn't improve in that area...) but should be able to cheese my way to top the league again. :p

Edited by Malcador
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra