What you did Today: The Story of you

Amentep

4 hours ago, ShadySands said:

We've just begun that journey

It was meconium or whatever it's called that threw me for a loop because in my years in the military janitorial services I thought I'd seen it all

brain_bleach2_4427.jpg

Whyyyyy didn't I read the whole sentence before I googled...? 🤢

• Like 1

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

Congrats, TN. :)

And thanks, Azdeus ... I'm not googling the baby poop terms. That's the type of stuff that is a need-to-know thing, and I don't need to know. 😅

Unrelated: Sleepiness, laziness, blue-funk+boredom moods, access to online munchie buying. I think I gained 4 pounds over a month. Usually in winter the video game diet has me losing weight in winter but no video game obsession this year. I need to tie my hands behind my back or something. 🍬🍫

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I'm glad that someone had some use of it atleast :p

Checked out my car today, felt weird when I had to do a brake hard, two of the bushings in the front of the car that keeps the front wheel from moving backwards and forwards in the cars travelling direction is... let's call it worn.(I believe it's called a torque arm, but I'm unsure) There is about 1.5cm of play on the right side and 1cm on the left. It's weird, because I had all of the bushings in the car changed two years ago, I guess my father and mechanic friend was sloppy.

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

Took the time to change the boost pressure on my car now that I've got the engine newly serviced, changed all the radial seals and gaskets, new belts and so on. I've gone from about 130hp to 190hp at the cost of 50$ and dirty hands.  Original boost is 0.3 bar, and volvo's turbo+ package that is rated for 190hp has the boost at 0.7, I set my own to 0.8bar,  and it feels great!

brbbk.jpg

On 12/16/2019 at 4:44 PM, TrueNeutral said:

Witnessed my wife push a living creature out of her nether regions. I have a son! His name is Brendan. 🤯

It's a bit late, but, I raise my glass to you and your familys health and fortune :)

1941143448_20191219_221655-kopia.thumb.jpg.c7d926b979977399060d01c26ebd80ec.jpg

Apologies for the glare and such, without the flash the whole screen was a blurry mess :(

Edited by Azdeus
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, TrueNeutral said:

Thanks. ☺️

Baby related observation: I seem to have Pavlov'd myself. Every time the baby cries I find myself singing Yellow Submarine, whether I'm holding him or not. 

You're welcome 😁

My mother sang to me when I was little, there is one that actually still works a bit, I get really sleepy when I hear it:

• Like 1

I can't tell if her voice is angelic or if it's just a low quality video. Maybe both.

• Haha 1

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

9 hours ago, Bartimaeus said:

I can't tell if her voice is angelic or if it's just a low quality video. Maybe both.

Yeah, it's definetly a bit of both, I think her computer is both recording and playing the audio at the same time maybe, creates a bit of reverb?

I spent a few hours playing BeatSaber today, now I'm completely knackered, and need a shower.🥵

2 hours ago, Azdeus said:

Yeah, it's definetly a bit of both, I think her computer is both recording and playing the audio at the same time maybe, creates a bit of reverb?

I was thinking a cheap reverb software filter but either or.

I forgot it was Xmas week  and ordered some jerky off of Amazon. Page claimed it would be here before Xmas - actually it claimed Wed - but here it is Fri night and I'm still jerky-less. *cries*

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Does this mean I can refund and if the package still arrives in a few days, it's free loot? Amazon is Kewl.

lostpackage1.jpg

2 hours ago, LadyCrimson said:

Does this mean I can refund and if the package still arrives in a few days, it's free loot? Amazon is Kewl.

lostpackage1.jpg

You have my sympathies, but it might also be that the workers are trying to hide for their bosses that the parcel has been late in sorting :p

2 hours ago, LadyCrimson said:

lostpackage1.jpg

Yes, it happened to me a few years ago. The package arrived in a damaged box a week after the refund. Bummer for me it was $30 item and not a TV or something. 

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

I went to the flea market in Dyersburg yesterday. I saw something I just HAD to have. It's a cast iron, flat top, pot belly stove.  It burns wood or coal for heat. It's terribly rusted and has no ash pan or exhaust fitting. The door won't even open. But I'm pretty sure I can fabricate what it needs and restore the rest. I started last night. I got it up on the bench (SOB is heavy as hell) and started working on the rust with WD-40 and a soft steel pad. On the back I uncovered the name Magee and the date 1891 and No 247 cast into the iron backplate. After an hour or so of work I put penetrating oil in the door hinges and left it for the night.

I was curious because I'd never heard that name before. Apparently Magee Furnace Co, operated a single foundry and show room in Boston. They went out of business or were bought up somewhere around 1900 because the last thing I found on them was a bill head from 1899. I also found this on the site for the Huntington Library and Art Museum. It's an advertisement from 1875:

default.jpg?highlightTerms=

The one I have is small. It dies not look anything like those two.

• Like 3

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell