RAND0M VIDE0 GAME NEW5

Mod community does more work on Battletech in a month than whole Harebrained was able to put out in a years. Pathetic...

on other hand, still no new info about Stellaris next DLC?

Edited by Chilloutman

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

1 hour ago, Chilloutman said:

on other hand, still no new info about Stellaris next DLC?

Two announced. A species pack with mechanics (Lithoids) and what seems to be the diplomacy overhaul that was long overdue -- Federations.

Stellaris DLCs announcement is at the ~15:00 mark.

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

Did they ever add espionage ?

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

jesus that was cringy how he expect applause after each sentence xD. I hope diplomacy will just not meed different federations but also different option how to deal with other spiecies other than feeding them cash. Also no espionage? 😕

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

My only experience with espionage in Paradox games was back in HoI2, where it went from useless chore to lolwtf in the course of a die roll. Couping the Soviet Union was hilarious, until you realized that it completely broke the game. I'm not sure what it would even do in Stellaris. Perhaps something mechanically similar to how criminal syndicate megacorps operate now?

Personally, I'd much prefer they focused on fixing war -different combat computers still do nothing beyond flat % bonuses- add variety to the victory conditions, and some much-needed depth to the internal politics aspect of the game.

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

I dunno, stealing tech, sabotages, kidnapping, infiltration, info gathering, assassinations, riots...

Edited by Chilloutman
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Yeah, that sounds like the kind of micromanagement that is actually fun to get busy with. Heh. It's kind of sad that Star Wars Rebellion had much better espionage/covert ops mechanics than whatever is on offer twenty years later.

Edited by 213374U
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • Like 1

56 minutes ago, 213374U said:

Yeah, that sounds like the kind of micromanagement that is actually fun to get busy with. Heh. It's kind of sad that Star Wars Rebellion had much better espionage/covert ops mechanics than whatever is on offer twenty years later.

Or even Space Empires' somewhat lazy handling where you just budget points and then assign it to do random things to another empire.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

16 minutes ago, Oner said:

Haven't heard much about it, what's wrong?

You play multiple protags which probably doesn't matter to a whole lot of people but I don't like it in general and hate it in RPGs. And me just being negative because I'm already put off, I'm also guessing it's going to be pretty on the rails or alternatively nothing you do will matter to make 3 stories weave together.

Edited by ShadySands
  • Thanks 1

Free games updated 3/4/21

9 hours ago, injurai said:

So are they just going to shotgun a VTM game in every semi-niche genre imaginable while the brand is hot?

Don't knock it. I have been waiting for a good match 3 game.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

16 hours ago, Malcador said:

Or even Space Empires' somewhat lazy handling where you just budget points and then assign it to do random things to another empire.

I only played Space Empires 5. The way it was handled there was similar to how it worked in Darkest Hour, with budgeting and high-level objectives. Less micromanagement and a layer of abstraction above Rebellion but little impact on the game overall. And on the other side of the spectrum you have the hacking mechanics in Endless Space 2 which is a constant chore you need to deal with but adds nothing except aggravation.

They do seem to be listening to what people ask for in terms of systems, so I have little doubt that espionage mechanics will be added not too far down the road. But with the AI coming apart at the seams as it is, I'm not so sure the game will be better for it...

5 hours ago, Malcador said:

I bet they’re now be willing to announce even Blackthorne Remaster, just to try to overshadow the current drama 😛

• Haha 1

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

1 minute ago, Mamoulian War said:

I bet they’re now be willing to announce even Blackthorne Remaster, just to try to overshadow the current drama 😛

3 hours ago, Mamoulian War said:

Depends if they have work to show,  I guess.

21 hours ago, Malcador said:

D2 revamp seems like a good idea

The only upside I can see to this is old D2 maybe possibly finally showing up on GOG. Don't get me wrong, I'd love a D2 remaster but it's almost a certainty that they will **** up by making it always online or something. At the very least, it'll require yet another launcher.