Welcome to Obsidian Forum Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

"Issues with Nvidia Graphics Cards" - Fixed?

nvidia deadfire geforce issue pillars of eternity driver

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

ahmbor

ahmbor

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 12 posts

Because of the pinned thread:

https://forums.obsid...graphics-cards/

Still a thing or fixed?

Sidushi

Sidushi

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 39 posts
  • Steam:Sidushi
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

I asked about it week ago and no update still or any info whatsoever.

Edited by Sidushi, 03 October 2018 - 04:15 AM.

SChin

SChin

QA Lead

• Developers
  • 408 posts

Hey everyone,

This is still unfortunately a problem that we have continued to work on and purchase more hardware in an attempt at reproducing the issue so that we can fix it.  We will absolutely make a big mention of this in future patch notes when this gets fixed as this is the toughest issue we have had to fix so far for Deadfire and will be ridiculously glad to not have to worry about it anymore.  We sincerely do apologize for the problems, frustrations, and length of time this fix is taking and will continue to do what we can to resolve it.  If you ever find any more information about this bug, please let us know so that we can look into your findings and get this fixed up.

Thank you, and sorry for the inconvenience this has been causing.

• ahmbor likes this

Sidushi

Sidushi

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 39 posts
  • Steam:Sidushi
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

Hey everyone,

This is still unfortunately a problem that we have continued to work on and purchase more hardware in an attempt at reproducing the issue so that we can fix it.  We will absolutely make a big mention of this in future patch notes when this gets fixed as this is the toughest issue we have had to fix so far for Deadfire and will be ridiculously glad to not have to worry about it anymore.  We sincerely do apologize for the problems, frustrations, and length of time this fix is taking and will continue to do what we can to resolve it.  If you ever find any more information about this bug, please let us know so that we can look into your findings and get this fixed up.

I read some NVIDIA threads and supposedly some people who have 10XX with Micron DDR5 memory are having such issues maybe you could look into it, here is my card info:

tj4.png

• SChin likes this

ahmbor

ahmbor

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 12 posts

Hey everyone,

I read some NVIDIA threads and supposedly some people who have 10XX with Micron DDR5 memory are having such issues maybe you could look into it, here is my card info:

tj4.png

Thx for your post, i have a GTX1070 from the first wave with Samsung DDR5 VRAM. I will check it out later if i got memory leaks/fps drops too. Maybe it is 'Micron' problem.

abaris

abaris

(5) Thaumaturgist

• Members
  • 525 posts

I ask myself if all my issues, mainly freezes, are down to my nvidia card when reading this.

• ahmbor likes this

pomenitul

pomenitul

(0) Nub

• Initiates
  • 3 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

Stuttering (on a GTX 1070) frankly killed my enjoyment of this game, which I gladly backed. I was really looking forward to the DLCs, only to realise that the issue has yet to be fixed. I'm not about to purchase a new, potentially crummier GPU to replace a perfectly functional one, at least if we go by every other game in my library. Something needs to be done, and fast.

• ahmbor likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: nvidia, deadfire, geforce, issue, pillars of eternity, driver

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users