Beraths Blessing's/ Mod's Should be available in challenges

I honestly don't see why you can't use either with the challenges. I don't understand how disabling features make the game fun. 

Let's face it, its a single player offline game, we aren't competing with anyone. Some of us just want's to do a triple crown solo mode without having to worry about accidentally accepting party members because we already read all the dialogue 1000 times. Some of us use Mod's that make the game better and more challenging, Mods that fill in where the game is lacking (customization) which for some reason the devs won't add themselves. I don't understand how removing the ability to optimize your game the way you want to play it is a bad thing. Why in the world is there 2 option screens for starting a game? Why not just make it one screen, and you can pick what you want to choose from? I know there will be people saying "HEY ITS SUPPOSE TO BE CHALLENGING, I COULD USE BERATHS BLESSINGSSSS REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE" well you have the option not to use it too, and if your tempted then thats a internal issue. I'm sorry, I just don't see how a more enhanced customization mod breaks the challenge. These challenges pretty much force you to play boring style 2.0 instead, with its frustrating bugs, and glitches.

I know some of you are gonna say its because it's suppose to be "challenge" but the problem with that is what happens after you beat the challenges? What do you get, extra berath points for normal mode? Why would anyone play normal mode after beating the challenges? What else do you get? Bragging rights that no one cares about? Are the obsidian devs gonna put your name on a trophy cabinet? 

All in all, the freewill to customize is what makes games better, look at the elder scroll, and fallout franchise.

Please Devs, make this happen.

Edited by Elizer
  • Like 11

E

Agree +more beraths blessings with more achievements.

And put in the right achievements. Without them, why should i bother to do the challenges?

Exactly, I've been playing the 2 challenges, it's not fun. Sometimes you fight 1 group, you fight the whole map. You don't even have enough resources to kill everything. This forces you to play monk / chanters as a sub class. All you get is bragging rights Lol

Edited by Elizer

Do agree.

I like squeezing any advantages I can, and facing memorable foes that were made stronger. At least more than giving up some of these advantages and facing foes as they are.

As for mods:

- there are quite a few utility mods that are difficulty-unrelated. E.g. Enhanced User Interface or Panther Animal Companion doesn't affect Magran Fires nor do make a ToI run easier.

- if a player wants, he can still edit the gamedatabundles directly. So forbidding mods is a... questionable defense. Because if he wants to lower enemy defenses/hp/ar/pen/etc on PotD, he can still do it unless you also check gamedatabundles hash/crc.

• Like 3

E

And put in the right achievements. Without them, why should i bother to do the challenges?

Exactly, I've been playing the 2 challenges, it's not fun. Sometimes you fight 1 group, you fight the whole map. You don't even have enough resources to kill everything. This forces you to play monk / chanters as a sub class. All you get is bragging rights Lol
If it's not fun why do it?

E

Because normal mode is too easy? Are saying some things not fun because of bugs wrong? Also making the game less fun by not having the ability to mod, or use blessings? Disabling Features = Less fun. 

Anyways, this post is about why they should let us use mods, and blessings. Stick to the topic plz, The whole point is we would like to use some features with challenges. If a few players don't want to use said features, they also have to right not to click and activate them.

E

Well, it's not a online game, but you still compete with others. You want to do the challenges, but if there are no achievements to gain, nobody would know you have done it. Example: The Ultimate Challenge in PoE 1. Doubt much ppl got that.

E

Well, it's not a online game, but you still compete with others. You want to do the challenges, but if there are no achievements to gain, nobody would know you have done it. Example: The Ultimate Challenge in PoE 1. Doubt much ppl got that.

Exactly, but anyways at the current moment, people can activate all achievements and claim they have it by playing with the files

E

Because normal mode is too easy? Are saying some things not fun because of bugs wrong? Also making the game less fun by not having the ability to mod, or use blessings? Disabling Features = Less fun.

Anyways, this post is about why they should let us use mods, and blessings. Stick to the topic plz, The whole point is we would like to use some features with challenges. If a few players don't want to use said features, they also have to right not to click and activate them.

I'd love to play challenge modes with mods, but clearly the idea is to prevent people using cheat items to nerf the difficulty. Same thing with Berath's Blessings- if you want a challenge surely you don't also want a bunch of extra stat and skill points

E

I'd love to play challenge modes with mods, but clearly the idea is to prevent people using cheat items to nerf the difficulty. Same thing with Berath's Blessings- if you want a challenge surely you don't also want a bunch of extra stat and skill points

Then the people who don't want to use those, dont have too Haha. Why does it have to be black or white? Do you not like to have a variety of options? Besides, those + 2 stats and skill bonus you speak off aren't really game breaking especially if it's a triple crown solo, with magrans fire challenges.

Magrans challenge, pretty much forces you to play AI mode (unless your a rogue/chanter harbringer who can abuse the never leave battle). Obsidian doesn't provide better AI option either, thats where mods come in.

Speaking of AI, if they truly wanted the game to be more intense, they could give enemies better AI's instead of just putting extra mobs.

Besides, people are also not content with POE 2 difficulty, thats why there are more mods to increase difficulty than decrease it. Now that I think about it, I haven't seen a make POE 2 easier mod.

Edited by Elizer
  • Like 1

E

You have to earn the BB points by playing the game, so it's fair and not to compare with cheats.

• Like 2

In the mods forum they did request the use of mods in the challenge modes that didn't effect game stats/difficulty, and the moderator's agreed it was a good idea so you may see that in the future :)

As for the blessings and mods that change game stats ... not sure I agree - they are supposed to be achievements for bragging rights - if you can tweak them too much it takes that away :) but I am sure you could use the console to activate the challenge mode aspects inside any game but not sure??  You just wouldn't get the achievement.

I think the game is fun regardless because of the variety, and have yet to experience a game breaking bug - but I know they are out there too :(

“How do you 'accidentally' kill a nobleman in his own mansion?"

"With a knife in the chest. Or, rather, a pair of knives in the chest...”

The Final Empire, Mistborn Trilogy

In the mods forum they did request the use of mods in the challenge modes that didn't effect game stats/difficulty, and the moderator's agreed it was a good idea so you may see that in the future :)

As for the blessings and mods that change game stats ... not sure I agree - they are supposed to be achievements for bragging rights - if you can tweak them too much it takes that away :) but I am sure you could use the console to activate the challenge mode aspects inside any game but not sure??  You just wouldn't get the achievement.

I think the game is fun regardless because of the variety, and have yet to experience a game breaking bug - but I know they are out there too :(

Well, the blessings are earned, and are part of the game. What if you beat all the challenges, and you decide you wanted to play a rerun with a little more ease? Why can't it be an option? Anyways as i said earlier +2 stats doesnt break the game, and the game is still fun, and challenging if you play solo.

• Like 1

I wholeheartedly support allowing players to select any mix of blessings, challenges, and other options as they please to customise their game experience.

As for 'achievements', could not care less, they're just Skinner boxes - rat press lever, rat gets food pellet - in an insultingly blatant form. I don't play video games for 'bragging rights' and I don't need their idiotic badges to feel good, I play games to have fun. So mixing blessings, challenges, mods freely to have the game experience I want to have is what matters.

Moderators have nothing to do with the game development, sadly.

• Like 3

I wholeheartedly support allowing players to select any mix of blessings, challenges, and other options as they please to customise their game experience.

Sorry, totally should have been more clear and maybe mistaking the conversation a little - I am not against having more options, I totally agree with that part - and I looked around it doesn't seem like you can console the challenges into a game, and not sure someone could mod them either, though there is also a forum for requesting mods.

I only think that if you do play with the blessings or certain mods, it should disable gaining the achievement - that way people can still be like look I beat the game with all the god challenges running, and solo without ever resting and using only a dagger with leather armor ...  which sounds pretty good in my book.  Personally though I am like you I don't care that much about competing, especially since I like a lot about the game ...

edit:

On the flip side, after I wrote the above I also see how keeping the challenges totally separate makes them kind of exclusive and extraordinary ... which again you either like that or not lol.  Also, maybe its a question that the challenges need be upped a little in terms of difficulty and less appealing as ways to play the game - personally the idea of armor/weapons that break sounds really good and would be nice to play along with an experience reduction mod.  But if I had to choose between extra bonuses, or armor that breaks, I would choose armor that breaks every time and earn that cash, weapons, items and stats the good ole fashion way - as a pirate!

Edited by aaronghowell

“How do you 'accidentally' kill a nobleman in his own mansion?"

"With a knife in the chest. Or, rather, a pair of knives in the chest...”

The Final Empire, Mistborn Trilogy

I only think that if you do play with the blessings or certain mods, it should disable gaining the achievement - that way people can still be like look I beat the game with all the god challenges running, and solo without ever resting and using only a dagger with leather armor ...  which sounds pretty good in my book.  Personally though I am like you though I don't care that much about competing, especially since I like a lot about the game ...

The reality that will unfold is

Person 1: "Hey everyone!!! I beat a solo game, and I got an achievement!! Praise meee for how good I am!!"

Random Person: "Wow nice, what did you get?"

Person 1: " I UNLOCKED A BADGE ON STEAM REEEEEEEEEEEEE"

Random Person: Oh, thats nice, good for you?

1 year later

Person 1: " LOOK EVERYONE I STILL SEE NO ONE ELSE WITH THE ACHIEVEMENTTTT, Im so special!! Praisee mee everyone!"

Person 2: " Eh congrats? We are just playing to have fun."

Your arguement states that players who played the game for a long time, and gone far in the storyline shouldnt be rewarded, and should be disqualified. If what your saying is that beraths blessings are no better than cheats, why even have beraths blessings? Might as well just cheat in the game and get +20 stats in everything, and all characters which beraths only affect the main. There's a distinction between blessings and cheats, blessings only give you a honest amount of something, but not game breaking, and is earned by playing the game (you can still earn all achievements with blessings currently). Cheats well, your playing the game not as intended.

At the end of the day, your saying we should support narcissistic people's behavioral patterns, just because a few people want to gimp themselves, this doesnt mean everyone wants to be gimped. The only time I look up videos on POE 2 is to find good builds, or how to complete certain things, not see someone else play a game with no competitive scene.

If anyone wants to be recognized so badly, they should just play an mmorpg. The devs already said they have no intention of even adding co-op to this game, as well as people don't go in the forums to care about peoples achievements, its usually about game mechanics, and overall concern of the game.

I mean, I use to be a well known player in wow on a pvp server, beating people with only a weapon, and no armor (before wow made the game dummy friendly) At the end of the day, no one really cares

1 person wanting to be gimped doesnt = everyone wanting to be gimped

and not sure someone could mod them either

I wouldn't be QUITE so hasty to say that.   :-

Simulating a menu system where only certain Berath Blessings are chosen and then enabled in a Magran Challenge?  Not sure if that can be done yet.  

But making it so a Magran Challenge can accept mods and then simulating various Blessings via a mod?

:-  :-  :-

Edited by Zap Gun For Hire
  • Like 1

Achievements for playing a game. Also known as trophies for sitting on your tuchas. Kinda like giving someone a medal for using a lot of marijuana.

Pointless.

I wholeheartedly support allowing people to play however they want. Obsifian should just add the challenges into the new game menu and, if they absolutely give a rat's patootie about achievements, code a separate achievement for no blessing challenges.

• Like 2

Achievements for playing a game. Also known as trophies for sitting on your tuchas. Kinda like giving someone a medal for using a lot of marijuana.

Pointless.

I wholeheartedly support allowing people to play however they want. Obsifian should just add the challenges into the new game menu and, if they absolutely give a rat's patootie about achievements, code a separate achievement for no blessing challenges.

That's exactly what I thought they were gonna do, when they said they added new challenges before the 2.0 patch. Boy was I suprised when i figured out they made a hidden menu for some reason.

• Like 2

Please keep your comments directed to other posters posts and not to the poster themselves.  This includes diagnosing mental or physical states over the internet. I have deleted several posts from this thread for that reason.

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

Agreed.

I don’t mind losing achievements when doing the challenges with Blessings/mods—couldn’t care less about achievements—but I’d love the option to mix everything.

Tangentially, and as has been mentioned in other threads, Expert mode shouldn’t disable AoE indicators for spells. That doesn’t make the game more challenging; just needlessly frustrating (and Expert mode is mandatory for the challenges.)

Edited by AndreaColombo
  • Like 4

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus