What are you playing right now?

Heavy Rain is free on PSN this month, so I decided to download it since I've played it before.  I liked Detroit Become Human, but was only meh on Beyond Two Souls.  So we'll see how I feel about this one.

Prepare to hear Shaun Jason a lot.

As far as I'm concerned, Heavy Rain was an interesting idea *horribly* executed.

Doesn't that describe every David Cage game? :p
  • Like 1

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Got Starbound at a friend's urging. More like "Prospection Simulator 2016".

As far as sandboxes go, I guess it's second to none. Not really my cup of tea, though.

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

Stopped playing BroForce because it's 30 percent Contra and 70 percent Super Meatboy. I don't hate platformers but this one takes all the fun away from the shooting.

Played some more Bayonetta and it is still fun as hell.

Edited by Katphood

There used to be a signature here, a really cool one...and now it's gone.  

I wish this would be on PS4 as well :(

Anyway, more of the Dark Souls stuff :p

As soon as I wake up in the prison in The Duke's Archive, I run little bit around, killed hollowed Rhea of Thorolund for her Talisman, and chat with imprisoned Big Hat Logan. After some running around the whole Archives, I've found all necessary keys to unlock his cell, and he moved close to bonfire. I purchased more of his spells, and listened to his advice for fighting Seath.

After that, I have saved Sieglinde of Catarina from being imprisoned in Yellow Crystal Golem, and went back to Firelink Shrine to talke with her, to continue on Siegmeier's quest. After that, I have moved to Crystal Cave, and slowly moved over invisible edges to pick up all items and move closer to Seath's Lair. The goal was to get his tail weapon, because in my plythrough, I was unable to do that, I hit the tail to close to his body :( With this character, I was better prepared, and I watched few videos on how to do it. I let him shatter his Immortality crystal, and right after that, I run around with Chaos Fire Whip pyromancy prepared and failed :p So I have Homewarded back to Bonfire and run back. Same procedure, but better result now :p Two hits to the tail was required to get the Moonlight Greatsword, and few more pyromancy hits, and he went down fast. With fully upgraded pyromancy is Seath not much of a challenge on NG.

After the fight, I went back to Big Hat Logan and purchased rest of his spells, to continue in his questline. I moved to Seath's tower, and confronted his mad hollow form. After the fight, he dropped the last spell required for my Wisdom of a Sage trophy.

Now back to Firelink Shrine to have more talk with Sieglinde and to visit two smiths to give them two new embers from Archives, and to Sen's Fortress to meet poor Griggs in hollow form at the end of his quest line :( Meanwhile I was able to fully upgrade two of my weapons, for their respective trophies, and moved on my way to The Great Hollow and Ash Lake. Because I wanted to pick up every single item, it cost me probably 5 or six deaths, when my jump was to short, or when I dropped down from bad spot :p

As soon as I've arrived at Ash Lake, I have met again with Sieglinde, who killed her hollowed father, again. And gave me for all the trouble 1 piece of Titanite Slab. Next in line was the second Hydra, which hits much stronger than the first one, and I had not high enough Endurance, to be able to block her attacks, so after two unsuccessful attempts to cut her off more than three heads, I resorted to cheese ranged tactics, and slowly shoot her heads one by one from a galaxy far, far away.

Being successful in that, I ran to the end of the area, to meet with the last of the Everlasting Dragons, joined his covenant and victoriously cut off his tail for Dragon Greatsword, which I will probably be never able to hold in my hands :p Now was the time for the most boring and longest grind in Dark Souls one, if you want to 100% the game and pick up every single item available - to farm 30 Dragon Scales... Sigh... All I will say, that after killing around 25 dragons or so, I had not seen a single drop of it... I told myself, one more run, and I'll be going to bed, and thankfully my first scale dropped (I went to bed anyway :p).

The next day, I have continued with the grind, and was most of the time more lucky, sometimes getting up to three drops from six available dragons. Until I have finished with gathering them, I was able to level up, up to Soul Level 80 and purchase every single piece of gear, equip and spells from various merchants, and still had about 40000 souls in stock, lol. It was the only thing, I have done in my Friday's and most of my Saturday's sessions, It could be approx. 4 or 5 hours in total, I really do not want to know.

But as soon as I got to level 2 in the covenant, I have obtained all available items from them, I run victoriously to Oswald of Carim, to leave this covenant as well. So I could join another covenant in Anor Londo, before going to Painted World of Ariamis, the Blade of Darkmoon covenant, specialized in Hunting of Sinners. Funny thing is, that I have about 10 sins myself :p

After all of that, I have moved to the Painted World, and picked up everything possible before moving to the boss, which unlocked me Bond of a Pyromancer trophy for obtaining all of the Pyromancy spells in game. Last thing, I've done before bed, was to upgrade my only Lightning weapon to the max, for another weapon trophy.

Edited by Mamoulian War
  • Like 3

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

Dark Souls III.

Defeated Aldrich again. After the forth (?) time it became slightly easier, I think. Target-lock resetting and Aldrich's arrow spam were still unpleasant, but the boss took less time, than before.

• Like 1

Finished Hollow Knight. Well, the first of the endings, anyway. Sitting at 103% completion at the moment.

The things I have left to do aren't that interesting. Just who came up with the idea of that Grey Prince Zote fight? -_-

No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering.

More self torture in Overwatch, at this point the toxic raging is actually the reason I play more than anything else. Just had some guy with the stereotypical neckbeard voice rage at all of us, including calling us cucks and saying 'git gud'. :lol:

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

More Dark Souls :)

After clearing of Painted World of Ariamis of all it's items, and farming for 10x Souvenir of Reprisal for Blade of Darkmoon Covenant, I have restored myself back to human, for an encounter with Xanthous King Jeremiah black phantom. Very powerful pyromacer, with very high magic resistance, which made me some issues due to my build, but in the end, the victory was mine, and the reward was his armor set later behind the boss Crossbreed Priscilla :) She was my next target, or more like, her tail :p I prepared Power Within pyromancy and first Great Combustion burned off her tail, and the second one killed the boss... I was like WTF!? :o My fastest bossfight ever.

Next in line were some running around Lordran, giving last Ember to Andre the Blacksmith, leveling Darkmoon Covenant, leaving it, joining Warrior of Sunlight Covenant, farming Sunligth Medals, and leveling it, too. This will be my final Covenant, for the rest of my playthrough and NG+ and NG++. No more grinding \o/

After that, I put all the Lord Souls into Lordvessel, opened the Kiln of the First Flame, and farmed for last two weapons from Black Kinghts and some chunks. The last boss still missing, was Dark Sun Gwyndolin. Keeping in mind, that with my melee character, I killed him on first attempt, I killed of Image of Sunlight Princess and walked to his tomb. For whatever reason, I completely lost all of my concentration, and IMO the easiest boss in Dark Souls 1 killed me three times in a row, which resulted in me losing 11 Humanities and 75000+ Souls... Sometimes I just suck harder, than the whole cast of latest Hungarian adult product :banghead: ... I am sometimes wondering myself, how I could progress in this game so far (and twice) :w00t:

Then I rather took some break...

In the evening I just could not resist and put the game in my PS3 again, and walked for the first time into the Prepare to Die DLC content. To my surprise, the first thing, I've encountered, was another bossfight :D The hardest thing was, to cut off it's tail :) Few Great Fireballs and Great Chaos Fireballs finished the job. Although I just had to time them properly, because Sanctuary Guardian was very nimble and until I've learned all of it's moves, and when to counter with spells, I've died twice :p

I accepted the quest from Elizabeth, to save Princess Dusk, and ventured to Royal Woods. First encounter with Scarecrows was fast and resolute, so I walked with increased self-esteem further into the woods. My self-esteem was then literary hammered down back to previous levels by Stone Guardians. The radius of their hammer swing was brutal. It took me few deaths to learn how to dodge their attacks properly, and not get one-shotted by theirs attacks :down:

After brief introduction of big black dragon flying around, I've encountered my second fog gate. Because I still have not farmed back humanity, which I suckfully lost at Gwyndolyn, I've decided to not kindle the bonfire, and traverse further with 5 estus flasks.

I must admit, that the introduction of King Artorias was very impressive. He threw some corpse my way and immediately jumped to attack. I have to say, that in this fight, the Dark Wood Grain Ring helped me a lot with proper timing of my dodges. To my surprise, I was able to defeat him on my second try, but with my heart pumping hard, and body full of adrenalin rush. Sorceries helped a lot during the fight, even though he was even more nimble than the Sanctuary Guardian and dodged a lot of them. The fight ended up just in time, with me having under 25% of health and no more estus flasks :p

DLC so far feels much better than the end-game content of base game, especially Lost Izalith, and I am eager to experience more of it. Well, with the exception of tail cutting at Kalameet's place :lol:

• Like 1

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

Yeah, Lost Izalith was made as they were running out of development time, so it was super rushed and pretty garbage.

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

I'm still trying to heal the trauma of Bed of Chaos.

Sorry, chief, meant no disrespect. It's just that you and Bartimaus can really MURDER a game if you want to. :)

You show respect lest I shall gut your games and leave them hanging for all their families to see.

Stopped playing BroForce because it's 30 percent Contra and 70 percent Super Meatboy. I don't hate platformers but this one takes all the fun away from the shooting.

It's cool in local co-op, but ... Yeah.
  • Like 1

I could never get in to the Dark Souls series.  What's the appeal?

It's a fantastic metroidvania (or Zelda-ish?) kind of thing, basically. You explore a big, interconnected map that slowly unlocks as you find new items or defeat bosses.

That, connected with a very unique atmosphere (and storyline if you're willing to delve into that, it's really not shoved in your face) and entirely revolving around extremely well done risk and reward system makes Souls games very compelling - even if you're not into MP, like me (I mostly avoid all MP in Souls games, except for occasional co-op.)

Ignore the 'git gud' and 'It's so hard!' crowd - it's not really that difficult if you get into it (the game requires patience more than anything, really) and difficulty's not the main appeal either.

Edit: Oh and combat system is really well fleshed out. It's not as unique as some may have you believe, but it's just extremely well done.

Edited by Fenixp
  • Like 4

Umihara Kawase (SNES). Shoot me in the face. No, really: this game is a 2D platformer-puzzler a la Solomon's Key, but the controls are just slightly off enough that it makes me want to die. You use an insane grappling hook that almost works well but not quite to navigate around kind of abstract levels that are constantly throwing stuff at you. And I really do mean "throwing stuff" - snakes (or something) that throw acorns at you, water barrels that shoot out flying fish, little trees that shoot out electricity...all stuff that's intent on knocking you out of the sky as you're flying through the level with your just slightly too uncontrollable grappling hook. I want to like it, but it's just too brutal and the controls are just that tiny bit off - enough to make it way too frustrating.

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

I could never get in to the Dark Souls series.  What's the appeal?

It's a fantastic metroidvania (or Zelda-ish?) kind of thing, basically. You explore a big, interconnected map that slowly unlocks as you find new items or defeat bosses.

That, connected with a very unique atmosphere (and storyline if you're willing to delve into that, it's really not shoved in your face) and entirely revolving around extremely well done risk and reward system makes Souls games very compelling - even if you're not into MP, like me (I mostly avoid all MP in Souls games, except for occasional co-op.)

Ignore the 'git gud' and 'It's so hard!' crowd - it's not really that difficult if you get into it (the game requires patience more than anything, really) and difficulty's not the main appeal either.

Edit: Oh and combat system is really well fleshed out. It's not as unique as some may have you believe, but it's just extremely well done.

I think I gave up early because a bunch of random skeletons kept kicking my ass right when I started.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

I think I gave up early because a bunch of random skeletons kept kicking my ass right when I started.

Yeah, when that happens, it usually means you're trying to go somewhere you're not quite supposed to yet - at the beginning, you should go towards the viaduct, not towards the graveyard nor underground (they're actually both valid choices, but only for experienced Soulsers. That's another thing - character level is not really that important, learning the game is.)

And yes, the game doesn't really signpost anything and yes, it could have been a bit more clear in what it expects of you at the beginning, you're not the first player to be stuck at skeletons without knowing what else to do.

• Like 1

Nintendo and Ubisoft should make a Mario+Rabbids version of Dark Souls just like they did XCOM.

I've never actually played a Zelda game so I can't really speak for myself, but according to a whole bunch of people, Nintendo has already done that a long time before Dark Souls existed. Anyway, there's a whole bunch of Metroidvania games around - including stuff like Darksiders.

The grimness, greyness and depressiveness of it all is a large part of what makes Dark Souls work, so stripping it wouldn't make a whole bunch of sense.

"I've never actually played a Zelda game so I can't really speak for myself, but according to a whole bunch of people, Nintendo has already done that a long time before Dark Souls existed."

...What, Zelda II?

"I've never actually played a Zelda game so I can't really speak for myself, but according to a whole bunch of people, Nintendo has already done that a long time before Dark Souls existed."

...What, Zelda II?

In Eastern Europe we didn't got access to consoles you are used to. We are PC master race all the way

• Like 1

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"