The Weird, Random or Interesting Things That Fit Nowhere Else Thread

Blarghagh

A few years back a man stole a bulldozer and turned it into a tank, the man called it the KILLDOZER. He used it to take out many buildings from taxers and competitors. No lives were hurt but the town never recovered from the money lost that it took to rebuild the billions of dollars in damaged properties, thus people lost jobs and the guy that did the damage won.

Well a few people got together and decided to make a video game inspired by this tragic event. They called it Brigador.

Well, hope you enjoyed this true story. The game is available on Steam and GoG. Enjoy!

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Begone! Lest I draw my nail...

Never seen that :o

Maybe the dude that made his homemade tank got the idea from that, thank you for sharing!

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Begone! Lest I draw my nail...

In honour of the 65th anniversary of the first French woman to break the sound barrier, Jacqueline Auriol, flying a Dassault Mystère II.

Serendipitously enough Auriol shares her given name with the first woman to break the sound barrier, Jacqueline Cochran, who accomplished the feat earlier that same year. 

Edited by Agiel
  • Like 1
“Political philosophers have often pointed out that in wartime, the citizen, the male citizen at least, loses one of his most basic rights, his right to life; and this has been true ever since the French Revolution and the invention of conscription, now an almost universally accepted principle. But these same philosophers have rarely noted that the citizen in question simultaneously loses another right, one just as basic and perhaps even more vital for his conception of himself as a civilized human being: the right not to kill.”

-Jonathan Littell <<Les Bienveillantes>>

"The chancellor, the late chancellor, was only partly correct. He was obsolete. But so is the State, the entity he worshipped. Any state, entity, or ideology becomes obsolete when it stockpiles the wrong weapons: when it captures territories, but not minds; when it enslaves millions, but convinces nobody. When it is naked, yet puts on armor and calls it faith, while in the Eyes of God it has no faith at all. Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of Man...that state is obsolete."

-Rod Serling

• Like 1

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

That guy is my hero. I'll see about donating.

For anyone wondering this the link to their FB and you can donate there

https://www.facebook.com/pg/Takis-Shelter-non-profit-organisation-591844890918840/reviews/?ref=page_internal

• Like 3
I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

It turns out the leader of the #metoo crowd paid off a guy she had sex with to keep quiet. https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/asia-argento-paid-sexual-assault-accuser-report-1135872

Seriously?

gettyimages-854271004-h_21018.jpg

If I was 17 years old and had gotten into that I would NOT have considered myself a victim of sexual assault. I'd probably have that high on my "life's-greatest-moments" list. 

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

If I was 17 years old and had gotten into that I would NOT have considered myself a victim of sexual assault. I'd probably have that high on my "life's-greatest-moments" list.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GXE_n2q08Yw

That so mean of me, Im sure hes totes doing it to make a stand! ;)

Still wrong to do, though

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I don’t know why she felt she had to pay him off. Remember when you were 17? If you had bragged to your friends that you had just banged a model would anyone of them have believed you?

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

I don’t know why she felt she had to pay him off. Remember when you were 17? If you had bragged to your friends that you had just banged a model would anyone of them have believed you?

Well nowadays people cant stop recording their own stupidity to social media. :lol: Then he went and got all tore up with mental trauma:

...claiming that the sexual assault was so traumatic that it affected his mental health and stymied his acting career.

Which was only recently "re-triggered" by her reporting her own case:

Bennett's lawyers claim that Argento presenting herself as a victim of sexual assault as well as taking a prominent role in the #MeToo movement triggered memories of his own assault, according to the legal documents.

/winking with both eyes....wait...that's just blinking.

LOL Gfted. You mean he’s a little short of money and figured this would be a good way to get some from her.

Thomas Sowell

The leader of the #MeToo crowd. Uh huh.

Yeah, I had no idea who she was. I'd say the figurehead of the #MeToo movement was Weinstein, since it was the flood of terrible stories about him that really opened the gates. After that it seems like Rose McGowan gets the most press. :shrugz:

Edit: also victims of sexual assault commiting sexual assault is sadly not a surprise, it is a likelihood.

Edited by Hurlshot

Maybe it's my mental illness (being male) but I'm really having hard time seeing this as sexual assault. The guy was 17. Yes, not legal. But I'd bet $1M he was more than willing. Would YOU have told her no?

Thomas Sowell

"Edit: also victims of sexual assault commiting sexual assault is sadly not a surprise, it is a likelihood."

Cry me a river. Next you'll say we should feel sympathy for Weinstein ';cause likely he was also a victim of sexual assault.

Plenty of victims don't go around molesting others because they know how horrible it is. Those who do are horrible people. Period.    I gues you are the type who thinks if you got mugged before it is okay for you to start mugging others for giggles.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

:lol:  Well you gotta get your money back somehow

• Like 1

Thomas Sowell